It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 5:10 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next

Have you played a quest involving Lord British?
Poll ended at Mon Jun 06, 2005 5:34 pm
Yes, it was cool!  18%  [ 2 ]
Yes, it sucked.  27%  [ 3 ]
No, but I'm interested!  45%  [ 5 ]
No, who the hell is Lord British AKA Richard Garriott?!  9%  [ 1 ]
Total votes : 11
 Post subject: Lord British Quest poll
PostPosted: Mon May 30, 2005 5:34 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
When I first came to this shard a little over a year ago, one of the first things I did was check out the town of Britain. At the time, I believe it was on fire because of an on-going quest. After that quest was over, I went to visit the king as I had over a zillion times in the old Ultima I-IX series. However I find no king (there was no ongoing quest involving Lord British) and instead get my arse thrown in jail for accidently sitting on his throne!

I'm just wondering how many of you have had the opportunity to meet Richard Garriott's Avatar and what it was like. Perhaps if not many of you have been involved in a quest with the king, the staff would be interested in doing one.

Please give a brief explanation on your vote.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 12:40 am 

I have met our great king before He is a VERY busy man :) close to a year ago I too tried to feel what it is like to be king and sat on his chair and I went to jail man I was pissed.... but I would like to join on any quests that staff does :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 1:05 am 

Website: http://armory.worldofwarcraft.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Silvermoon&n=Leylah
Yahoo Messenger: habiba_87
i dont ge tit...........which quest...

the princess b day one?

i dont remember any other :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:23 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I have not seen him on Obsidian at all....I saw him once on LS, but this was in 1998 or so. Back when the king was the king and he actually played the game.

I played on Baja shard at the time....I was a newbie and I was reading on the forums about how Lord British makes personal appearances on the LS shard more then on the others. So me and another newbie made new characters on LS and started our own quest to get a glimpse of him. We found him walking in the fields outside brit and he was surrounded by people. Shortly after we got there he left and I never saw him again....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 6:14 am 
Lord British is a very busy man, and as such is only called away from his kingly duties for the highest quests, those of importance to the future of britannia. Usually he dictates the commanding of britannia forces to his knight, Dupre, or, if he's busy, to one of the other royal knights in service.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:10 am 

dont meantion
things that are fun and exiting. we dont have that stuff here. :cry: oh and this was the quest where we were driven out of britain due to it being invaded by evil minions of some guy britishes oponent i think. Whoever that is. but it was the funnest, we had that quest, and a drow quest. And another one too which ruled back then.. We had to search the land to find 4 towers filled with deamons and beasts, which took days to find. Then we had to fight our way through each of the towers to find which one lead to the land of fire or somthin. once this was found the warriors gathered together for a final blow at the heart of the evil. Charged ahead through mazes filled with elder gazers bottomless pits. and finally to a crazy room where we had to ahve gatherd 500 of each of 4 things or somthin and place them at altars and it opened somthing. i dont remember the rest exactly :( but it was one of the funnest things ever.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:21 am 

i found it........
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In stage 1 we pulled together with 2 days of combing the entire world and deactivated the 4 power cores for the force field that was guarding the Drow Maze of Death. Now we have access to the Drow Gate that leads to an underground maze of death. To get to the drow fort and this gate, go East of the shrine of spirituality or just take the trail west out of trinsic and keep on the road until you get to a building that crosses over the trail. That's the drow fort. Run past the existing dow there are there to 2nd floor portal. That will take you to the maze. Check out other people's posts on how to get through puzzles in the maze.

We need a lot of people to coordinate for stage two. I've gotten word from Broadband that stage three will require even more teamwork. I'm guessing somewhere between I'm guessing that about 30-50 people working together on phase two and who know how many for stage 3. Join #Obsidian_Quest if you are ready and willing to help finish this quest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:23 am 

i got a few shots of lord british from an old quest we had. if i ever get round to it ill post em.
lord british actually fell once during the event but not till after he soloed 4 balrons and helped fight the beasts back from the castle walls. man i think i must have died 20 times at least that day.

hmm lets see if this works.... i have no clue where i was standing here maybe under the wall i guess. as you can see i was such a noob i didnt even use uoam yet. pre lov as well hehe. jesus i was using yahoo instead of aim omgwtfpwnt. too bad i was too noob to do all names. i see fierce and zhad(val) mentioned and yashiro walkin up.

http://www.geocities.com/retro_tron/bbritish.JPG

btw this is well before the drow quest. during the suprnova explosion.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 4:11 pm 

Man thats old-skool :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:50 am 

omg lol
drizzt thats f***** old...older then me for sure...
but i did saw lord biritsh once or twice
cant remember in wich event tho...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2005 9:14 pm 

Quote:
Man thats old-skool
Old skool ultima is where it's at. :twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 21, 2005 10:37 am 

^bump^

Just bumping the petition for another Lord British quest one day... vote dudez!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 2:27 am 

lol. Drizzt man i remember that. it was invasion of the shadows quest. If i remember rightly eggmungus was in there somewhere too just off shot after dying about 30 bloody times. I remember a whole bunch of us all hiding out in Brit library after the team was split and we got a good arse kicking by the shadows. I eventually ended up dead and decayed near Brit graveyard after getting ganked by some viles. Man staff were damn busy that night. it was a rezfest. :D

You mind if i use this on the LOV site at all mate. this kinda stuff needs to be in archives

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2005 9:59 am 

lol nah egg. this was before that quest. notice this is way before i was in lov, i was in lov when the shadows invaded. lov was probably the newest guildstone on the shard when this quest happened actually. .

i think the storyline went something like the warriors of brittania fought valiantly but were overwhelmed by the evil forces and britain was defeated by the evil hoardes but finally beat back by the king and his oldest most trusted warriors. i remember it because it was my first time fighting alongside the king.

we got owned a lot in quests back then cause there were like 100 noobs on obsi at once lol. i used to be like, wtf are they thinking summoning all these gargoyles? 4 gargoyles and 4 demons at once seemed like totally impossible for us to kill back then. it helped a lot when i realized what a bandage was for. *hides*

im gonna post a pic of the first ctf i ever saw on obsi later when i get it. its actually before the ctf and we are all at brit bank naked. i have to get it from a friend he is the one who took it.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next