It is currently Sun Jun 16, 2024 10:10 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:03 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Most of the whining if you read the threads are by the same small minority,and they spread negativity throughout the shard.Its mainly about the monster loot, pking and balances towards races but I did try and tell people that it would get sorted after the holidays but that was met with negative comments from the biggest ahole on the forum been banned twice I believe <<"well u said speak your mind" So for BB and Vic to be pissed of is understandable because u guys have no patience it was xmas for f*** sake.The numbers have dropped because of the holidays some players may be trying other games out while they wait for changes and anyone wanting to join the shard if they read the forum there not going to give it a thought.I would hate to see this great shard go down the pan because of a few f***** up people and I hope you rise above them BB and Vic and keep it up and running.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:13 am 
you also might wanna add that 90% of the complainers about balancing of mages and warrior dont actually have experience of using both sides.
Its mostly a case of i dont have a mage/warrior/necro there over powered, i dont think nerfing everything should be the way to go tho.

Btw i think df should one hit kill assholes please fix it :)
Failing that just give people more serious jailtime and dont just do it to one charactor jail em all that'll sort em out.

Understandably though the adults on here were stressed at christmas the young ones got no excuse tho.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 2:42 am 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Most of the whining if you read the threads are by the same small minority,and they spread negativity throughout the shard.
Unfortunately patches aren't immediate if they are going to be good. Loot has been a constant complaint and a patch is being worked on but it's gonna take a little longer then 2 days back to get it out.

And your right it is a small portion who manage to make enough negativity to rub off on everyone and those who it doesn't infect get sick of it and quit.

We're already starting to ban people who have been warned many times.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:30 am 
I wish more people had the common sense to understand that your tone of voice and how you approach something makes a difference, but no... I think that's probably the biggest reason for people being misanthropists, seeing all the stupidity around them.
Sure most of you guys have good intentions when you bring things up, but the way many of you do it is so freaking bad (for instance, feeling the need to make a NEW thread on healing instead of using one of the 15 others, or even better, the original that was meant for it)
Imagine being a teacher, and all your students have questions/problems for you. (no problem with that) They all come up to you after class and instead of waiting for your attention they all start talking at once, and repeat themselves over and over again because they can't get your attention. Repeat 5 times a week. How do you feel?

Post subject: hmm
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:32 am 

What hit me most was not the new changes but the AIM meesage that Vic posted about him and Anadivine....He clearly said that you and he didnt give a shit about the players and I was shocked I thought then whats the point of making a shard if u dont even care about the players...This shard has been great for me made lots of friends and stuff but like I once said nothing lasts forever good luck BB and Vic make a good decision... oh well I will stop here peace out everyone and BB u have done some really cool scripting and balanced most of the stuff if not all something is better than nothing. Also why many players left were cause some banned people got unbanned and thats why one of my best friends left it was really sad. I just want Vic or BB to do me a favour please refresh Slug's tower he will come back I am sure but he is working and dont got a connection so please this is all I ask for refresh his tower!....THANKS SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING I LOVE YOU GUYS! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 3:44 am 
Since I'm trying not to be completely biased, I'll also mention that a lot of the people who are so repetitious are just that way because for some reason they feel like nobody heard them the first time, and they feel that way when nobody gave a response (not always the case). Obviously staff can't always read everything and give a response whenever someone has a problem, and I think people like Duo do a good job saying something to show its been acknowledged. Maybe the seers/counselors could help out more by giving feedback in posts for situations like that.
Part of me wants to think that people have just completely changed and don't appreciate things anymore, but its probably more related to a communication problem somewhere

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:11 am 

hmm i didnt read it all just bb's post...
hmmm bb i think ur right...ppl do react like bitches but u gotta understand they all love this shard cuz they wont be here for no reason
and in a way u make em all happy even if the bitch about it
so plzzzz :D make ur effort to keep this shard running cuz they r lotz of ppl who spend alot from there time by raising skills and working hard

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 4:55 am 
Site Admin

Hard to keep the effort with so much negativity around. And i think Cybervic meant we don't give a shit about the complainers, cheaters and harassers. If your a good player I appreciate and listen to your input. If your a jackass I could care less who you are or what you think. Simple as that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 5:57 am 
Well I gotta say that i haven t played obsidian since christmas! One thing that i have to say is that i was loving the new changes , new monsters and i did even like the new healing system (altough most of ppl dislike it) I never thought you guys did a bad job! and i didnt leave for any reason in particular , is just that i used to play +3 hours per day ! Now I m a little Game-sick! Besides i m having tests now and cant be playing! Also I'm not hurt anymore so I Can go do the other stuff I used to do when didnt played on obsidian!!

It is not in my plans to leave Obsidian Permanently! just making a break!

Now if you guys think it is not worth to spend more time here , it is your opinion and I can't change the way you fell! I'd Love to see that when i came back it is all as it used to be!

Sorry about bad english! And thanks for all the effort and time you put into the game! :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 6:10 am 
It's about time "some not all" of you guys realise that staff do a job for you for free and all you do is moan about how the shard should be run.Unless you have something constructive to say stfu and let them do what they can to improve patches and such.If half of you bank sitters helped new players out a little instead of fsing them this shard could be huge, stop thinking about how tough your char is all the time and give a little back.Theirs some nice people on this shard and some just plain dicks and its about time BB and Vic sorted the wheat from the chaff.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 8:45 am 

ehm yu Dont say the F word anymore Thats against the rules You should know them lol

猿も木から落ちる

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:12 am 
I'll make a short post. I was wondering when a post like this was to come up so I'm not surprised. I would be in the same mood u are if it was my shard and people acted like they currently are. I can only hope u keep it open for those who actually enjoy playin like me and many others. If not then I thank u and all the other staff for ur time, it's been fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:46 am 

Make sure the rules are stuck to, if someone is banned they stay banned, if someone gets jailed for macroing and says..."Oh i was just on the toilet, can u let me out" say no, its still afk macroing.

Get hard with the rules, make it tougher, and get round to fixing Obs problems when you want, feeling pressured to do something no matter how much u like it makes you NOT like it (e.g im putting the 1.8t Audi TT engine in my mk2 golf and i got a deadline and getting close so it kinda makes me wanna not do it)

Live by the rules, apologise for any bugs the game has, remeber this is a free place, and its you that Makes it BB (people will say now that we the players make it but thats untrue, if he wasnt here, we wouldnt be) so you run it how you like.

I'd say get the IP banning tools out :D

Good luck

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:56 am 

Quote:
Hard to keep the effort with so much negativity around. And i think Cybervic meant we don't give a shit about the complainers, cheaters and harassers. If your a good player I appreciate and listen to your input. If your a jackass I could care less who you are or what you think. Simple as that.
i send a couple mails pm's to you (without any replay) but please talk with me on aim bb, i have couple things to say!

Tammie-> Shadows Leader
Sandra -> Gm Mage/Fighter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2005 10:01 am 

im sorry i just have to ramble i guess.

i noticed the negativity and didnt get involved, i blame myself some for that i should have at least tried to influence some of the newer players in a positive way instead of watching this go on and saying nothing. i think some have set a bad example for others and now it is coming to a head. i dont know how to fix it other than to say i agree just ban them, it sucks that has to be done but god what can you do it kills me to imagine this shard dying.

i just want to let you know that i can never tell you how grateful i am for letting me play in your world.

broadband deserves more than we can or will ever give him, but all he wants is respect.

BB, Cyber, there are still people here that love this world, i ask for all of us that you take a deep breath and give us a chance. sometimes all it takes is time, i believe obsidian can survive this if we all work with one another. your world deserves to live. i think its earned that much.

some kids can be foolish at times but they must like it here or they wouldnt spend every waking moment playing or in the forums. i think that shows your world is loved, we just need to somehow prove that to you more often. thank you for letting me escape my problems and come to your world so often.

if you never made another patch or changed another thing i would still be here every day. i dont know what that means but maybe it means some people will never be happy and we cant let them ruin it for the rest of us.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 31 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next