It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 4:24 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Pimp my House.
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 8:35 pm 
Kind of a strang idea Bobo and I came up with, Pimp my House. Basicly it works like this:

Once a month a GM takes entrys for 5k or how ever much they want to charge. Then, the GM draws an entry at random, and the winner gets their house decorated with the nice stuff only GMs can summon. The money from the drawing also goes to the winner for rent or whatever they wish to spend it on. Anyway, that breaks down an idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2004 9:04 pm 
We get bored on bus ride to school : \

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 5:10 pm 
That's tight.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:37 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
No. There's a reason gm's don't sell decor outside of auctions/events, to keep the balance. Same reaosn there aren't 10000 colors armor.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2004 8:49 pm 
Well damn Duo, way to put your foot down on that. GMs still decorate houses.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 12:31 am 
Quote:
No. There's a reason gm's don't sell decor outside of auctions/events, to keep the balance. Same reaosn there aren't 10000 colors armor.
Wow, way to rape a perfectly good idea Duo...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 1:56 am 
[EDITED BY MODERATOR, learn to post kid] there is alot of worse things that need to be fixed that are ruining the economy. Notice how he said it's a "contest" and not an everyday thing? Change that contest to event and there you go. Take the names of all active accounts and put them into ahat...the winner gets a completely decorated wizardstower/marblehouse/large tower. and by decorated i don't mean vanqs and shit. just like trophy's, beds, tables, weird shit...maybe an underwater room or something.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 2:06 pm 

not even all active accounts but maybe everyone online at the time of the draw, like tell everyone a week in advance that this is going to happen and everyone online at that time is entered. Then people who arn't even doing anything for it or even logging on for anything won't have a chance to get it.

Peter - GM fisher, GM cook, 80% tailoring

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 3:11 pm 

Quote:
Notice how he said it's a "contest" and not an everyday thing? Change that contest to event and there you go.
Funny, last i checked he proposed it as a monthly idea.

Second, gms sell looms and spinning wheels and that's it last i checked. I know blinker nuked the last house a gm "decorated".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 4:59 pm 

Duo....I know you know a lot about the shard...and I respect that...but...most of your posts give reasons why something can't be done....How about offering suggestions for ways that things CAN be done, rather then focusing on the negative?

I, for one, like the idea of having a house decorated by a GM, provided the GM doesn't mind setting the house up, and there is some way to notify the other GMs not to mess with the house.. A raffle is a great idea, but once a month is a bit too frequent. Give the players about a week for people to register with their forum account name and their character name along with 5K or something like that. The people should not have to be online to claim the prize though...too many people in different parts of the world for that to be fair to all.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 12, 2004 10:10 pm 

Yes I do post a lot of reasons against proposed ideas, because that's my job, if i see flaws i point them out, likewise good ideas i give praise to. And I do post a lot of lists of things that can and should be done. :) Also a lot of my suggestions are usually made in game instead of through the forums, since if you can catch a gm in-game and tell them about something they tend to give it a tad more thought then if they read it on the forums

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 12:30 am 
Quote:
ideas, because that's my job,
Duo, You're a player, not a GM.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:17 am 
From what I understand Duo's Job is to know everything there is to know on the player side (especialy bugs, flaws and things that are off-balance). I know his oppinions/suggestions are heard and often applied by staff and I know many GMs (like me) go see him to find answer to their questions.
So Alec, to answer your comment, he's not GM 'cause if he was he would not be able to do his job.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2004 1:21 am 
Why must all this fighting continue... :(
It's not like it was a serious suggestion, nothing that gets suggested here gets done. Even if it did, I would rather they invest their time in bugs atm than in stupid events we don't need. STOP THE FIGHTING :cry:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Nov 26, 2004 10:41 pm 
Why don't people just go out and pk Duo?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next