It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 8:12 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next

How should we deal with kill counts?
Poll ended at Tue Jun 15, 2004 3:33 am
Have them slowly decay  45%  [ 30 ]
Allow a player to repent and remove kills by paying large sums of gold or stats  13%  [ 9 ]
Remove kill counts and base the entire system off karma  42%  [ 28 ]
Total votes : 67
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 5:59 am 
Make it possible to *Poof* when killed by another player - NOT a monster, and by having this ability give up the ability to attack other players. If it?s possible for us "innocent" people out there not to get mixed up in the PK war, then we could for all I care remove any penalities for killing other people.
I can understand that it must be quite annoying not to be able to enter town because you killed someone in a guild-battle, so just remove it - You could even make special rules for guilds - i.e You can kill opposite guildmembers even thou you are *poofing* to non-guild people.

I have another post (# 3) where I write more about this - Read that before you flame this one, plz 8-)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:12 am 
Quote:
i think the decay slowly method has its merits
there are people who pk as part of a guild war and not necessarily out of a need to kill players.
This way would allow them a balanced way to become blue again.
but with the decay method whats to stop an unattended bank sit for a few nights while a pk lets his kills decay? then he gets off with a slap on the wrist... i think there should stat loses... and hit them where it counts... cuz it pisses me off... take my miner out to be bored and get killed for a meezly few shovels and a few ingots...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 6:14 am 
Quote:
Make it possible to *Poof* when killed by another player - NOT a monster, and by having this ability give up the ability to attack other players. If it?s possible for us "innocent" people out there not to get mixed up in the PK war, then we could for all I care remove any penalities for killing other people.
I can understand that it must be quite annoying not to be able to enter town because you killed someone in a guild-battle, so just remove it - You could even make special rules for guilds - i.2 You can kill opposite guildmembers even thou you are *poofing* to non-guild people.

I have another post (# 3) where I write more about this - Read that before you flame this one, plz 8-)
maybe this can be made something like all PvP kills that isnt a guild war results in a poof or something so pking is left only for conflicting guilds... may help with more guilds... or just larger ones

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:16 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I would be against allowing ppl to become poofers. Crafter chars are
usually working to get money and/or stuff (armor, etc.) for warrior/mage
char. So why it should be easy and safe to gain items/money for Your
PvP needs. It's all part of the game.

Current karma system is quite fine with a few exceptions:
- allowing kill counts to decay to zero;
- no kill counts for Order/Chaos, guild wars;
- making sure the "peace mode" mages gets flaged "free kill" for damaging blue players;

Guess forgot smth, but anyway..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:26 am 
I voted to get rid of the kills and base it off of karma. The reson I voted this is because I dont want to log in and see that all the red people are just online so there kills can go away. I mean anyone can leave there char afk on this shard just to lose kills. Its not afk macroing so I dont think they would get kicked. It would just take up alot of the shards rescorces. The karma way would mean they would have to hunt more so that means they would be active. Maybe you could have it to where if you killed a person with like less than 70 str you lose like alot of karma. That would prevent alot of people with crafters/miners from getting killed unless the guy was just really an ass. I mean yeah we all get bored sometimes and do stuff we normaly dont do. As for the people who have a red char, we have learned to deal with being red. Its not that easy but we make the best of it. Also if you could make it to where people do not gain fame/karma for killing a red player I think that would stop it from being able to be abused.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:30 am 

but for that "don't kill under 70 str" you could get some mage out there who has like GM magery and shit with like 70 str, so we couldn't kill them just because they have lower str? i think we should just keep the current system, fix chaos v order so theres no kill counts, and reset everyones kill to start off the new system.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:34 am 
If your a mage with 70 str all it would take is 1 fs and 2 lighting to kill him and he would be running from a bow. But What I was trying to say was that if you have under 70 str if someone killed you they would lose alot of karma because most likely you are not a fighter also I would consider you still learning about uo.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:54 am 
would in not be possible to have a very slow decay the more often you are red.starting quickly for those who may accidently get red but taking MUCH longer for consistent pk.that way you might have to leave your character on for a week before it will decay but you will have to accept that as part of pk'ing
just a thot
i voted for decay.btw

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 7:59 am 
Where do you get this animal protection potions?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:10 am 
If it was just possible for a player to be OUT of the PvP world - You see it in every new big MMORPG games - You dont have to fight others if you dont want to.
And, yes, I can see the fun aspect in running around doing PvP - But leave me out of it. I want to be able to go to a dungeon and have fun without having to worry about PK?s, and yes, it?s the only thing that I fear down there.

So I really dont care how this issue is fixed, I just urge you to remember not to forge this game around the "Top" gamers only, there are alot of n00bs like me here, and we get stamped on by the High-End PK?s - Just for the fun of it.

Post subject: floandlin
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 8:35 am 
thanks for the help Dai. Can you buy the potion anywhere?

Daffy Duck
I wasn't shouting. I just had the Caps Lock on. I thought this board was to learn from. I am trying to learn not complain. Sorry if I troubled you.

Thanks all Floandlin

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 11:50 am 
Just consider it a friendly reminder... :P

Post subject: how long?
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 3:11 pm 
How long will it take for 1 kill to decay. Im guessing that iuts gunna use the decay system(looks up to see 44% for it).

the gms should really just set all the kills back to zero, and allow people a chance to not be plaged by the guards, stupid plays and other anti pkers.

If they dont do that they should let us know how long we can expect to be hiding out of town waiting for the decay. :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x :x

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Jun 09, 2004 10:11 pm 
oh, you cant buy them anymore, sorry

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Jun 10, 2004 2:24 am 

hmm

Last edited by Drizzt on Tue Feb 21, 2006 7:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 6   [ 87 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next