It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 2:16 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:44 pm 
On one of the last shards I played on - there were daily PvP Tourneys (not for PK's but anyone). They were held in a colloseum/pvp battle area.

I just wanted to know if these are happening / planned as a lot of us really enjoyed them. The full loot tourneys had like 1000Gp entry fee but you got a full set of plate armor, bag of regs, and a few mixed potions. They would have 1 on 1's and All vs All as well as team vs team.

Anways - like I said a lot of us enjoyed these, mainly as lots of non PK people finally got a chance to kill others and it is justified. Humans generally pose more of a challenge than an NPC.

Anyway - that was just my idea / request as well as my personal fav. types of events.

Keep up the good work guys!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:50 pm 
We have loots of those...They're called Free For All's or FFA's...

Depending on the staff holding them, it could be anything from PvP 1-1 to teams of up to 4-4 or maybe just a FFA with no allies and one winner...

There are also monster bashes and the like were we're either players vs. the monsters or 2 or more teams that take turns at progressivly harder monsters...

So don't worry...This shard has it all, and then some...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 2:50 pm 
there would only be about 3 or 4 people on the shard for full loot pvp tournys.. mention no loot and youll have lots of participants.. pussies.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:02 pm 
i think you are misunderstanding MW-DNB is saying ( or I am). i think his idea was that you dont bring yer own stuff. you pay 1,000 to enter adn you are given a certain amount of stuff. then as you kill people then you take their stuff (and you get more stuff) i personally think this a neat idea ( that is, if i understand correctly)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 7:26 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
Yes but basically the type of FULL armour sets you are talking about would screw up the economy of the server if we just gave them away. Especially if this was held once a day. And if it was a once a month thing the people who would win are the people who aready have the best armoru and have backups so its' really pointless.

What we do is give away stuff you can't normally get specifically stuff like cloaks and robes dyed from the special dye room staff members have access to.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 9:18 pm 
The entry fee idea is great. I tried to set up events back in the day and charge entry fees and the winner got all of the entry money. It never really caught on because there were never many people around and no one was interested.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:02 pm 
Quote:
i think you are misunderstanding MW-DNB is saying ( or I am). i think his idea was that you dont bring yer own stuff. you pay 1,000 to enter adn you are given a certain amount of stuff. then as you kill people then you take their stuff (and you get more stuff) i personally think this a neat idea ( that is, if i understand correctly)
Yah thats exactly what a full loot tourney is - you get issued full loot and you can freely loot dead players.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:06 pm 
Quote:
Yes but basically the type of FULL armour sets you are talking about would screw up the economy of the server if we just gave them away. Especially if this was held once a day. And if it was a once a month thing the people who would win are the people who aready have the best armoru and have backups so its' really pointless.

What we do is give away stuff you can't normally get specifically stuff like cloaks and robes dyed from the special dye room staff members have access to.
yah i can see what your saying there with the economy. however when you leave 1 person being the victor - he can only carry so much loot.

i would say just issue a full plate set and a bag of like 10 regs of each - with an entry fee that is like the exact price of the armor at the moment of even a bit above. That way the person leaving can leave with a load of armor to hauk and when people come into the tournament they are all even armor / reg wise. I dunno it's just what we used to do nearly everyday on another shard. Although on that shard it was a lot more PvP involved and had a lot of higher level and senior level players.

I appreciate all the replys though - I will check out some FFA's as soon as I see one advertised - and again - awsome shard and great work!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:29 pm 
I don't see why it would be necessary to ISSUE anything. Let people bring their own stuff, any body with any sense won't bring their good stuff. That way there is no extra crap introduced into the economy. But as much as I hate to say it I guess urza is right, if an event was full loot then nobody would have the balls to show up. I'd be there cause I have nothing worth anything.

I'll be the guy walking around in iron armor and the clothes from the dark elves three months after the event is over.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 10:54 pm 
I'd be the guy wearing nothing but a smile carrying just enough reags to go invisible in the corner then cast one fs at the end guy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 11:01 pm 
wow.. youd get away with that..? there really must be no good pvpers that play often

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 1:30 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
Don't worry urza, I still play, so every pvper out there knows to check for invis people. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:55 pm 

Hey i like the full loot idea... i would go shit. You dont need to win the entire event... you just need to beat one guy and then you wear his stuff to fight... and so on and so on... haha... I luv the idea.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 15, 2004 5:58 pm 

We should also add those Repetition events... where you split the pack into two teams, then you put them to fight one vs one... only one fight at a time... you dont leave the arena untill you get killed, and the other team keeps sending you their innocent teammembers, and you keep killing them, and they start to go to the back of the line b/c they dont wanna be the next one to bite teh dust... omg... Beautiful.... *wakes up*lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat May 08, 2004 1:35 am 

Yahoo Messenger: [email protected]
Quote:
where you split the pack into two teams, then you put them to fight one vs one... only one fight at a time... you dont leave the arena untill you get killed, and the other team keeps sending you their innocent teammembers, and you keep killing them

So basically, WWE, Survivor Series style =P

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next