It is currently Tue May 14, 2024 12:58 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 7 of 12   [ 167 posts ]
Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next
PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 1:31 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
hell none of the staff are present anymore.
Yes I am.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 11, 2014 3:42 pm 

sorry I know this is rude but since when are you around none are

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 1:39 pm 
Staff

Quote:
I meant staff that actually mattered in-game.
Quote:
sorry I know this is rude but since when are you around none are
This is true to an extent. If you aren't a new character needing help in Cove or there are not enough people online to warrant holding an event then you probably would not see me.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 2:25 pm 
Staff

Let's try to get this thread back on track.

I'd like to set up an imaginary scenerio for you all and see what you would think would be needed.

First, let's assume that either GM Bob and other admins make a comeback and start "doing stuff for the shard" or, someone else takes control of the shard and does the same. Either way, you have your main wish that someone is working on it.

What should be their top priorities?
(let's leave player registration out of this, because that's a given top priority)

A: "rebalance" everything. Stats, spells, everything. This would require at least 10 dedicated players for testing.

B: Open new areas and create new quests

C: Hire 1 new GM and 2-3 new lower-level staff

D: Upgrade server connection or equipment to reduce lag

E: Create new items or other things

F: (Enter your own option)

Put these options in any order. I'm interested in what you all think.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 3:08 pm 

I'll make a post later to discuss what people think was so broken by Bob. In my opinion there are only very few things, which im sure would have been fixed relatively soon with activity.
Why stop bitching? If Bob did intend on coming back around even occasionally to fix some things, its probably not the most welcoming sight to see people whining and stomping around shouting "Mutiny!"

I'll post more later, but as for your list Kraken, pretty much a little of everything, but balancing gameplay should come first, and lag if that's a real issue but its not for me, and when gameplay is where people want it then continuously add/modify content. I have some new ideas as far as items/content. Get a new counselor or 2 if people play again and get an active seer or GM.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 12, 2014 9:33 pm 

Honestly the game is perfect besides the stupid polymorph change. IDK why that idea was even implemented, worst idea in history of obs and not 1 player was even asked if they wanted it in.

But all we really need is server status fixed, the account creation, and polymorph than it would be perfect to play again we just need some more help from the community to advertise.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:42 am 

Yeah, I agree with Blacktorn and Venom.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2014 9:24 pm 

Put the game back to how it was before beta, bam problem solved. Besides a few bugs.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 20, 2014 7:50 pm 

Well I agree to a point. I think the problem is this thread was made what dec 31 and now its march and nothing has been posted or even started whitch is the same thing that has happened for years no im sorry to say but bob has let everything go to hell in a hand basket but what can we do nothing really sad because obsidian could have been one of the greates shards ever but now who the hell knows so ty bob for everything :roll:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 5:26 pm 

All I do is bitch, damn right. Started my bitching since beta, bob's been f****** it up since.

He aint comin back, someone give me his address, since apparently i live 20 min away from him, and i'll go knock on his door and ask him what the f*** is going on. or slap him with my penis either or.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 21, 2014 9:08 pm 

How dramatic. Game play itself is fine. It does suck that the polymorph change was implemented without asking any opinions but mostly just that Bob left without fixing it when everyone agreed it needed to be changed. Other than that there is very little that needs to be tweaked balance-wise. Honestly i don't know why people think game play is just SO different from before. There are a handful of changes that can easily be fixed if people properly communicated. I've been here for like 8 years now and i remember what it was like before. Maybe you should consider all of the MAJOR GAMEBREAKING PROBLEMS that Bob fixed (i.e. invulnerability bug and duplication bug giving certain players unlimited gold), along with the fact that BB would probably have just shut it down if it weren't for Bob taking it.
Obsidian has had many cycles of dead time. Broadband was active for the first few years the shard was up. In the whole time i've played i've seen like 5 posts from BB and seen him in-game maybe two or three times. So an inactive Dev is nothing new, certainly in comparison Bob is even more active. Let's not forget that the entire crafting system is WAY better, along with mining/fishing/lumberjacking, the re-introduction of races, new craftable items, Boss monsters and new rare items and mounts. Mostly the fact that Bob did all of this for us in his free time, for no pay. This game is a FREE SERVICE which Bob has to pay real money to keep online. The only incentive for him to continue doing anything for this game is for his own personal pleasure. Maybe you should send him $20 via paypal for his time and tell him he owes you tan hour and a half of coding. Maybe if more players logged on he would be more inclined to invest some time. If demand for coding is more than he can supply, however, he should let someone else contribute.
The reason you're still here wailing into the night is because this game is fun, and you want to have fun playing it again. Well, more people need to play. Until registration and the website is fixed, deal with shit. If more people played, the game would be fun and Bob would be more likely to stay active. A few things need to be tweaked, mostly polymorph, but the game is still fun to play. PvP is fine. I'll 1v1 anyone in the arena, vs a polymorph or whatever. I'll even refrain from looting anyone outside, since nobody wants to fight and just whines, until more people play again.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2014 2:03 pm 

im sorry but this post above is such a crock really a ton of players have said they would donate so don't give me that bs but the higher powers that be have done nothing on that and communicate with who and when we have in the past it just get as bob wants it anyway so why bother maybe it all comes down to this how many uo shards are still around and much bigger so the admins who run those shards don't have jobs or other hobbies maybe even wife and kids im just saying the excuse we are given are just line of bs so the players who try and have their nose up bobs ass can stop really no need people and if you must save it for the once a year post

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 12:26 pm 

I agree and well put

PostPosted: Sun Mar 23, 2014 11:11 pm 

I agree with trollie completely. Venom has some good points, if more players got on then maybe he would come back. But even if he did come back, he probably wouldnt do anything.

Honestley, if he gave control of obsidian to someone else, (let's say me for instance (even though i know theres a snowballs chance in hell I'd ever even be counsie)) I'd be on every single day fixing what needed to be fixed, I'd actually read the suggestion thread and try my best to fix it. Because there ain't any other game out there that gets my adrenaline pumpin, hands shakin, palms sweating like obsidian did. Someone else needs to control it, period.

On another note, I've been slowly building and scripting a shard with shadow hunter for a while. Trying to make it resemble obsidian as much as I can, although it takes time without obsidian's scripts, I've gotten alot done, It's almost near beta, but still has alot of work to be done. I would love to see players from obsidian try it out and help with testing and such. I'm no grandmaster scripter, but I know what I'm doing.

I know in the back of your head you're thinking I'm not fit to run a server.. hey i don't blame ya, I do talk alot of crap, and act childish at times. But I can guarantee you I'm a totally different person when it comes to running a server.

I would just love to see another obsidian like server up and running with atleast 50+ players on, so we can all share that old exciting, nerve wracking game we all love.

Anyways, if anyone is interested let me know, got a website and all I can link you too.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:26 pm 

same here hell at least we know we would have 4 players lol :)

Forum locked Post a reply Page 7 of 12   [ 167 posts ]
Go to page Previous 15 6 7 8 912 Next