It is currently Sat Jun 15, 2024 5:43 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]
 Post subject: T3a midi music
PostPosted: Sun Feb 02, 2014 8:28 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Nostalgia hit me pretty hard this morning and I started thinking about the music of t3a era Obsidian. I looked it up and i think some of it might have come straight out of Ultima/UO but I also remember a pretty awesome midi rendition of ecstasy of gold and some song from Final Fantasy(maybe). :D

I was kind of disappointed that the current installer's music was mp3s from EA's UO, but whatever seeing as most would prefer have it turned off... and also the fact that there's no active players.

Anyways, I'm not here to complain, assuming anyone still has it, I'm willing to give 5$ usd through PayPal to whoever uploads it first on a website such as mega. Just to be clear, talking about the "Obsidian_T3a.exe" that you could find on torrent sites around 2005. Hopefully its worth someone's time.

Post subject: Re: T3a midi music
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 10:58 pm 

shhhhh! I'm converting recordings of the old midi files into mp3s and replacing some of the new mp3s with them... ;) It won't replace all of them but should be a good blend of the new and the old. We'll see if it works...

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 6:11 pm 

There's no doubt it will work! If I recall correctly you only have to change the mp3's name to match what was supposed to be there in the first place. You can put anything in there really.

If only those midi files you have were from the Obsi of old..

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:21 pm 

I'm renaming the obvious ones and 'might' go through and see if others match. IMHO, the new music just doesn't jive with UO. I know they were trying to update the game to compete with what's out there now but that's not really the point with classic UO when someone plays it. Having some giant orchestra blaring from your speakers when your viewing an isometric, pixelated little man running around on your screen. It would be like if John Williams did the theme to Barney or Pee Wee's Playhouse, ya know? It just doesn't work. Hehehe... :P But that's my opinion and we know what those are like... ;)

If even one person is interested, I will post the fruits of my labors online for download on my server or somewhere...

I am honestly keeping my eye open for the third age of Obs installer. I actually had it but tossed the backup disc which also contained some other stuff that I am sorely missing. Grrr...

Thanks for replying, Ghost... hmmm... How ironic... I'm talking to a...ghost... (looks around) brrrr! Just got a shiver... heh... ;)

(I'm almost ready to make my grand return. Where do people hang out now-a-days? Vesper? Britain? It was Britain when I played but then I think it switched to Vesp... Well, when people are on that is...heh...) ;)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 10:55 pm 

Hark! The game is afoot!

http://youtu.be/Oi9dxKOkbOk

Posted a comment. Just waiting for a reply! :)

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 5 posts ]