It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 1:32 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:01 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Bot Check: GAMER
Yesterday, after hours of battles, an hour and a half of rest, and even more hours of battle, I am pleased to report the shadow machines have been destroyed and the shadow elves have been sent packing.

We started with a force of around 18 good men early in the afternoon, but after much fighting and even more dying, could not sustain the forces needed to take down the swamp, so we took a break for food, restocking, and resupplying.

Afterwards many courrier pigeons were sent out to the corners of the lands, to the remote home of many ancient warriors of the lands. They responded to this call bravely, and along with some of the relatively newer blood, we again took up the good fight. After much dying, we got a force of five good men through the portal and safely across the swamp, and so started the hour long battle against the shadow elves.

Two men died, but the three remaining were able to vanquish the dark elf, and de-activate the four ankhs, which we realized now were the source of the shadow generator's life. Seems each ankh held a unique potion, and by adding the four ingrediants we had collected earlier, the potions were rendered neutral and ineffective, and quite explosive, as the ankhs split in half once they were neutralized.

While we were scouting around to make sure we had destroyed every last generator, the elves returned on a boat. Apparently this was a normal supply run, as they were only a squad of five dark elves, easily vanquished. Unfortunatly, they managed to make thier escape quickly and we did not have time to board thier ship. But they take a dark message to thier leader, that they have been defeated, and the citizens of Obsidian have reclaimed thier great city of Britain, even though it may take time to rebuild and for word to get out so the citizens will repopulate it's buildings.

The three warriors waited in ambush, hoping the boat might return to search for survivors or to retrieve the pieces of the machines left behind, but turns out the elves never returned. As night set in the warriors built a house and stayed, ever vigilent.

(OOC: Allright, that's the rundown, although half of it doesnt' make sense without screenshots, which will be added in around four hours.)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:35 am 
Awwww
wish i wuz dere
but i had to sleep
sighz

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:41 am 
It was great, i was in the first group which got defeated, i went along with my new 2 day old warrior knowing i couldnt do much to help, but still kicking a lil butt, as Duo said we had around 18 men but most got lost or left behind during the maze stages, we lost a few during battles and basically were left with 10 men at the main portal, with some of us ending up in their jail, untill a miracle happened and sumhow the gate to the jail opened and we got out........but then it shut again and we cudnt figure out how to open it :oops:
Was a really great night well done to you five who managed to finish it :) , but also to everyone who joined in :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 1:31 pm 
I missed the final part of the final battle simply because I got bored fighting to hold the portal room and send guys through for over 2 hours, so I went to bed...But up untill then I've been into every aspect of the quest right from the beginning...

From when the drow summoned the shadows to brit and we fought in the graveyard to stop them, to searching out the power cores and trying to figure out what they did, to shutting down all 4 power rods simultaniously and thus shutting down the power core and opening the portal into the dark elf maze (GREAT teamwork we had at the time...There were what, 6 of us running against the clock and 5 groups of angry drow? And we had to time it perfectly...That was the best part of the quest for me - Fabnastic work, you guys who were there know who you are)...And then on into the maze, running back and forth, rallying our forces, searching the realm for the regs we discovered we needed...

lol - And me setting my polars lose on some red guy in a dark elf suit, who turned out to be one of the PK's come to help out :oops: Hehe, sorry man...You looked a little too much like a drow there... :wink:

Basically a fabnastisk quest for me, all the but the last part, which is no biggie really, when I think about how much fun I had getting so involved in the rest of it...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 2:19 pm 
For the trhee of us who were able to continue the fight , it was as rough a battle as ive seen. My cousins are strong bu tin the end they proved the cowards they are. Ill eb waiting thier return.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 5:21 pm 
Well Done Guys, I was one of the 18, then one of the 10 in the 1st stage but like Daffy i got fed up at the portal and eventualy tried to get through wearing what i thought was the right gear.... hahah moonglow
I tried to get back to help you but got stuck in the Coloured stone maze (Disco Maze) for over an hour before i Runestoned out never to return, i tried in the morning as soon as i logged back on but the fort was back to normal. A few of us went up to Brit GraveYard to scout it out and Killed all the Shadows but they still respawn and the black smoke still comes out the roof, maybe just baybe Slugs Cousins are only regrouping.

Anyway Thanks a lot to BB for a Brilliant Quest which obviously had loads of thought put into it.
And to Duo, Vic, daffy Gannon and the rest for constantly working to complete the quest Well Done you guys give yourselves a pat on the back.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Apr 09, 2004 2:40 am 
Staff

Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
Hey I'm just happy my tamign is 66.6 and rising. LOL.
Yeah the funnest part of the quest was running around the whole world looking for the power cores. It was friggin awesome.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:30 pm 
I just got killed after running pretty deep into the abandoned mine at Oasis... when I was killed, I was sent to the jail in the Dark elf dungeon and there were plenty of dark elves running around... not sure if this means they're back or not

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 14, 2004 5:47 pm 
They're not, but the jail and the maze is still there...It was also used yesterday during the monsterbash...When we died, we got sent to the jail and had to heal to get back to the fighting...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 6:16 am 
Dunno if this means anything yet, but I found more Drow in south Brit...There's an encampment, but I can't get close to look at it without massive resistance from the drow...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:02 am 

Thanks for the report. IF anyone can get a more detailed reconnasiance in the next three to four hours please do so, if not I will get online then and see what's up.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 10:43 am 
Daffy, can you be more detailed about the location. I have searched from the land behind Lord British's castle to the beaches south of britain. So far all I have been able to find are a few ratmen and an orc captain. If there are still drow floating around it is very important that we find them so we can stop them before they can remount their offense.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 11:06 am 
My bad, I should've left coordinates...Just talked to Irri, he says they've been around a while...A mage and a couple of fighters at some ruins...

They're located just west of Tanners Island/Bald Island (depending on what you call it)...There's a small arm that reaches toward the island, they're just inside the woods on the Brit side...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 19, 2004 1:33 pm 

They have been there for ages. Thanks for being alert though, I'm sure we'll spot them the moment they pop up

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:30 am 

Damn i was hopeing that the screenshots were still here. itd be nice to look back on fun memories anyway this is how the quest ended. it had alot of very cool screenshots. the warriors built a house there, at the river. outta logs lol and had a little drama that went on. it was great:

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]