It is currently Thu May 16, 2024 5:54 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:47 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Quote:
I think bob should leave, and let echo be in charge, so much more shit would get a done, and things would be a lot better. This shard took a nose dive when he got in charge... He is the root of our problems.
You're showing a level of intelligence akin to a rock.

I don't code/script/whatever you want to call it. Bob has single handedly rebuilt this game and added features that are bloody awesome.

The shard improved dramatically when Bob started working on it.

The root of "our" problems consist of an aging game, lack of interest from players and the ultimate factor: time. For the past few months I've had little to no time for obsi since i've been back at university, working two jobs and picking up more sporting and social commitments. It's coming into summer here and triathlon season is starting so I'll be around far less. Suggesting that staff leave is one of the DUMBEST ideas I've ever read on here. I've spent close to 8 years working with this game, the players and the staff and no-one has put in the time or effort that Bob has for the length of time that he has - outside of Broadband maintaining and running the shard for as long as he has.

This is a FREE game. I'm so sick and tired of having to remind everyone that the time staff spend on this game doesn't go towards some personal gain - it goes towards a game which is there purely for the PLAYERS.

Quit your complaining and the stupid comments. The system we have is not perfect or even close. But for an aging, free game with staff who invest their time for no personal gain: we do pretty damn well I think.
I understand where you are coming from Echo, I really do. Yes, I know (as well as many others) that both you and Bob have put a lot of time into this game (both staff-wise and player-wise), but you have to consider our thoughts and opinions on this matter, and as much as you hate it, you know we are right. I am not saying Bob hasn't put in the effort into providing us a free game, but he has also given us a lot of things to look forward to that have not been accomplished (even in the 3 year span he's had). Face it Echo, this game is going nowhere with the amount of time Bob has with managing life and the game.

In all honesty I see either 2 possibilities (and I mean this in all seriousness): either we get some new people (that Bob knows in real life or your do) to code in-game, or we shut down this game on a good note and leave it with the memories we've had and move on to newer games.

It sucks to admit it, but you know that you'd rather have the game end on a good note then a sour one.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:12 am 

OR YOU CAN KEEP THE GAME UP AND HAVE IT UP FOR PEOPLE WHO GET BORED LIKE IT IS NOW.

AND SCREW ALL THE HATERS.

AND UNBAN RAPTOR

AND GM BUG ABUSE

AND PK BLACK MAGIC

AND LOOT HIS SCAMMING BODY

AND THAN DROP A HAY INSIDE OF IT

AND THEN LET IT DECAY

AND STEAL HIS LLAMA (CAUSE HE CANT AFFORD A HORSE)

AND THAN KILL IT INFRONT OF HIM WHEN YOU RETAME IT

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 4:31 am 

Quote:
OR YOU CAN KEEP THE GAME UP AND HAVE IT UP FOR PEOPLE WHO GET BORED LIKE IT IS NOW.

AND SCREW ALL THE HATERS.

AND UNBAN RAPTOR

AND GM BUG ABUSE

AND PK BLACK MAGIC

AND LOOT HIS SCAMMING BODY

AND THAN DROP A HAY INSIDE OF IT

AND THEN LET IT DECAY

AND STEAL HIS LLAMA (CAUSE HE CANT AFFORD A HORSE)

AND THAN KILL IT INFRONT OF HIM WHEN YOU RETAME IT
I agree!!! lmao

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:58 am 

unban raptor.. haha

LOL :mrgreen:

Oriax - Necro
Bundinha - Craftswoman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:14 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i agree with todd actually, your right echo in the fact that yall have no time to do stuff, but it is a aging game as YOU said, and the power to script is within the community, ideas are here, and players are willing to put time in with ACTIVE staff and newer players, the shard was held bak when BB was inactive and bob didnt take command as of then.. now the same thing happening with bob and BB is completly out the picture, now the torch should be passed, because bob HAS TIME for the shard but he is not willing to put it in, but where does that leave us if hes to stubborn to give power up and let us help our selves really?

the selection process should begin... really.. if you dont have the time, dont leave us in the dark, people ARE willing to do it, wether its bobs friend ur friend US or OUR friend... and honestly a novice staff and coder are better then none -__-

there should be 3 new HIGH staff.. one that codes and test one codes a little and gets feed back and the other is just a higher staff that listens to the players and can reverse what the other 2 did.. but cant add anyything his self... prolly better systems out there, but ANY activeness is better then this..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 1:27 pm 

Quote:
i agree with todd actually, your right echo in the fact that yall have no time to do stuff, but it is a aging game as YOU said, and the power to script is within the community, ideas are here, and players are willing to put time in with ACTIVE staff and newer players, the shard was held bak when BB was inactive and bob didnt take command as of then.. now the same thing happening with bob and BB is completly out the picture, now the torch should be passed, because bob HAS TIME for the shard but he is not willing to put it in, but where does that leave us if hes to stubborn to give power up and let us help our selves really?

the selection process should begin... really.. if you dont have the time, dont leave us in the dark, people ARE willing to do it, wether its bobs friend ur friend US or OUR friend... and honestly a novice staff and coder are better then none -__-

there should be 3 new HIGH staff.. one that codes and test one codes a little and gets feed back and the other is just a higher staff that listens to the players and can reverse what the other 2 did.. but cant add anyything his self... prolly better systems out there, but ANY activeness is better then this..
I agree kinda but coding is a pain in the ass so if we can get some coders in here willing to code then Bob should be open to it but I doubt most of us know how to code I might be wrong though...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 2:43 pm 

I think the problem here really is not who is in charge or who is coding but how many are. Unless you give the reigns to some greaseball who never leaves his computer who ever you give it to will have rl timing issues. If we had 2 or 3 coders all working on certain areas you would get a lot more done in the time that they have to devote to the shard.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 8:20 pm 

obsidian is dead my friends

Oriax - Necro
Bundinha - Craftswoman

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:14 pm 

Just enjoy what ever if left of it, people have things to worrie about, be thankful for all the staff on the pass and the ones on the present they all gave their time free so you could enjoy more the game etc. Staff do not get pay for what they do and they just do it because they like it and feel satisfied seing other players enjoining thier ideas or they efort.
every single staff have done something great to this shard and every player have done thier part.

If they dont have enought time to dedicate to the server is because they are playing the hardes game ever existed "REAL LIFE".
Dont blame the staff dont blame the players just enjoy the fu*****ing game.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 10:29 pm 

Quote:
Just enjoy what ever if left of it, people have things to worrie about, be thankful for all the staff on the pass and the ones on the present they all gave their time free so you could enjoy more the game etc. Staff do not get pay for what they do and they just do it because they like it and feel satisfied seing other players enjoining thier ideas or they efort.
every single staff have done something great to this shard and every player have done thier part.

If they dont have enought time to dedicate to the server is because they are playing the hardes game ever existed "REAL LIFE".
Last I recall you also complained about this game because it took them 2+ weeks to get you out of jail.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 7:48 am 

Quote:
Quote:

Last I recall you also complained about this game because it took them 2+ weeks to get you out of jail.
Last i recall, you complained about every single thing since youve been on this shard!

Its sad...most ppl that complain, are ppl that dont put any time into the shard anyway, but say they would if more ppl are on, but dont ever log on...vicious cycle....

and for bob...you guys were praising him when he was spending ALL his time here and turned this shard around so we could actually play it again. he added alot of things to make this a very cool shard...yes there is more to do ...and becuase i actually DO PLAY... i want this shard running more than you guys do. but these comments and all the troll comments that you guys have been spitting out over the last 2 years(probably more) have done nothing but hurt the shard...if i was an older player that wanted to come back and i logged on for more than 5 minutes on the forums...all i would see are you trolls that say how everything is bullshit and its so bad and how dead it is...i wouldnyt even bother coming back...

there is alot to do left ...but you guys hurt this shards chances just as bad...youve been doing it for a long time

P.s FREE RAPTOR!!!

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:04 am 

Since this thread has gotten way off topic it ia now locked.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3