It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:26 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:02 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
I read all that and got pretty annoyed of what happened to him.

If that was me I would have quit, hes played here for 8 years, and the time he isnt at his screen its dropped like that? Staff are never on, and the one time they do get on they macro stone the 1 player that is online and drop his skills?

Honestly we should be able to afk macro as of now since 0 players are online everyday, and no staff are on, no events, no page responses, no news posts of whats going on, nobody to hunt with, nobody to pk, nobody to trade with, really you cant do anything but save up money hoping one day it will be put to use. This shard has been dead for what over a year? Who the hell is going to macro a skill with no players on just to watch their screen forever? no one...

I think he should have his skills back, and have an apology waiting for him. If anyone thinks what happened to him was the "right" thing to do should get slapped in the face.

But im sure im absolutely wrong, and this will get locked and I'll get banned for "trolling" again, but hey i've only played for around 7 years, what can a dedicated player do about that?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:40 pm 

Who got macro stoned lol

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:58 pm 

Quote:
Who got macro stoned lol
Terek.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 1:18 am 

well...you are not allowed to afk macro..if your agrueing against that, you will go nowhere. that will never change. it does seem that it was dropped to much..but i dont know if he was caught afk macroing a lot of other times too.

would be cool if noone was on..say 3 ppl or less...you could afk macro legally...but if more ppl all popped on at same time you would get busted

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:54 am 

I think and really not trying to be a rebel or anything but if the shard is averaging less than 5 players a day for atleast 3 months a rule should be written to state that a player can afk macro as long as it's not using a exploit such as poisoning trees etc. I still come on and try to gm some skills I haven't tried. im still afraid of afk macroring for this very reason that Apoc is talking about and I think it's a pain...usually why I log off so quick...

As for Terek's thread...I feel his pain. It really sucks he was the only one online Im sure he was AFK. I tried playing but overcapped in skills and couldn't find anyone to bring me a -int so now the next time I long on I'll have to deal with those consequences. I usually surf the net as well when Im in a macro it's unjust for players who love the shard that is at its bottom community wise to be hawked and penalized by staff. Unless he was doing a illegal exploit he shouldn't have his skills lowered..The Macro stone is just that a Macro Stone what if he was using a wireless mouse and his batteries died so he couldn't click the message...No way to tell ....Seriously I think we need to reevaluate these rules.

Last edited by Rippa on Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 7:07 am 

I'm I the only one who's never been busted for this? :lol:

I AFK a lot... but I'm not actually doing or gaining anything while I do. Maybe that's the difference?

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:48 am 

the No afk macros rule is the reason why obs is empty

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:56 am 

Ya, but if you allow one person the opportunity to get his skills back from being dropped due to AFK, then everyone that had it happened gets it to.

You know who I am talking about ;)

If you don't, its Raptor....

It sucks it was dropped, but I mean he can still macro it, I just would say watch TV with the computer near you and the client open so next time it wont happen.
Plus it's not like he actually trained the skill, so he can easily set up the macro again. Necro doesn't require any supplies, its an easy skill to train again by macroing.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:18 am 

his med was dropped from gm to 60, ive never trained med on apoc, and hes like 6 years old, and hes only 80 med, its ridiculous, thats the only skill that they dropped for him that pissed me off.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:28 am 

I feel bad for Terek and for all other players that dedicated years on this server. instead of supporting the only players they are left, helping them or assisting them in others problems they just do what they think is right for them. I know for fact that there are extraordinary staff here that are super dedicated and I respet them, but look at least let them have fun, that is what the game is about right? this is an exsample of what the server has become? step on the players shoes what will happen if you step out for 20 sec because you had an emergency and forgot you were macroing? and Staff decide to drop you skill as punisment after you spend 5 hours to gain it or more will that make you what....... yes exactly no more fun....
I know Macroing is not allow and I know rules must be follow but after all he is part of this server give him a chance.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:26 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i agree with everyone above... yall suck for being caught randomly.. like jiza said.. but at the same time its ridiculous that it was dropped so much when the outcome was gonna be clearly negative.. who would stay if that happened to them.. and losing players isnt helping a already dead shard.. it would be better if staff put the little time into opening up the account creation because theres several people that have been waiting to get on.. but the only thing staff is doing by lowering his skill specially to that degree is making people leave... and thats the Opposite of what is going to help the shard atm clearly...

also a new rule would be nice about if theres less then 3 ppl on u can macro.. makes sense. because when there are that little ppl on a MMO kinda loses its online feel...

3 cents..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:07 am 

I feel bad for Terek in the sense that the macro stone wasn't even done and he still got his skills lowered. Whats the purpose of the macro stone then? A tease? That's not really fair to me in my eyes...the punishment doesn't really equal the situation.

I do wanna say though that chips is on point with the other part of his post. Seriously, worrying about the 1-3 players online isn't what we need. We somehow have people waiting to get an account and account creation still is not fixed. The shard is ready to have people like seriously!
And on another note if a mass email gets sent to 8301 registered accounts as it says on server status saying to come check out the shard...im pretty sure we can have at LEAST 30 people logging on and active over the holiday season. And it would be really careless to waste our time, and not take advantage of the fact that people have breaks over this time and can play!

Basically (before holiday season),
Fix account creation ---> email old registered accounts ---> active shard

Seems pretty simple to me. Then we can go ahead and advertise when we have a pretty little shard with plenty of active players

Last edited by _Nightmare_ on Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 9:07 am 

Honestly should just be able to macro anytime as long as account creating is down.

Even with 5 people or less online the chances of seeing someone online is slim to none.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 11:43 am 

meh, I just want a fair trait, and it wasnt fair for me, and seems that many, or actually I could say, ALL the people agree with me.

I'm not saying that I was in the right position, but yet, if you had left it 30 seconds more, I could have had the time to click it.

the things that annoys me besides the skill dropping, witch has a real big annoying relevance in all this, is that the staff who had the time to drop my skills and place the macro stone on me, could have been harsed maybe, to create those few accounts that were requested lately.

I posted something about staff inactivity here some time ago: http://www.dxgaming.com/forums/viewtopi ... 8&start=15

I was referring to Echo's post that was made the 30 of aug. now it's the 9 nov and nothing has changed yet.

I asked bob if he wanted to migrate for FREE with no charges, no special treating and anything, obsidians's server on a stable 1gb/s german server and he didn't reply...

Now my question is, I know you don't care about my situation, and obviously don't care about whatever anyone wrote above here...but why don't you just close the shard?

And if you don't want to, why don't you hire more staff members if YOU DO NOT HAVE THE TIME TO DEAL WITH IT?

I'm sure that between these active ppl, there are some coders, as I am, that would easily understand how to easily script on this server...and why the heck dont you do it?

what is your problem?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:02 pm 

I asked bob that years ago when he started "beta". He said "it would just take to long to train them on what broadband wants this shard to be then to just do it by myself..".

So idk what's going on in their minds.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next