It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 8:19 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 5:34 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
soo it wont actually dispell someone if there polyed? and do only roughly 30 damage? .... ummmm i think if thats the case thats stupid and will make polys super powerful in pvp -_- i could understand if 1 dispell takes u down to the normal player HP but NOT it only take 30 hp from a polys +150 HP enchantment -__- it would cost more mana getting out of poly then actually polying -_-

just saying.. can there be clarification on that.. and the reason it was done and stuff ?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:24 am 

Dislexia at its best again!

150 Hp was an example... Let me try to explain it to you so you understand..

Lets say you have a pvm with 170 str (gandalfs str) and you poly into a deamon. The only way for enemy to despell you back into human is if they cast despell when your at 170 hp or lower. If you have more hp than you have of str, than it will just damage you.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 6:29 am 

However i am also interested in understanding new dispell stuff.

How does it work against Buffs like strenght and bless and pots.

Also has it been tested with ice elfs, because it may get a little glitchy with the coding probley looking at base hp rather than base+10% bonus.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 7:01 am 
Site Admin

Moved to the correct forum.

I will remind you that Polymorphs are currently stuck at foot movespeed. Anyone mounted upon horseback will have no problem staying out of their range, so i believe it's affects on pvp will not be nearly as bad as you believe. I think it will however give polymorph mages more of a chance, being as dispel not only gets rid of polymorph, but their wide arrays of buffs as well. I did it mostly because it's been a longstanding complaint that monsters, and players, can undo what amounts to around 10-12 seconds prep time, plus healing time which is usually another 20 seconds, in under 5 seconds. If it's really that much of an imbalance i'll adjust the damage upwards a little, but you will still have your other damage spells available, i remind you.

It counts the bonus hp from strength and bless, however it will not activate unless polymorph is active on the target as well.

And yes it takes ice elf hp into account.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:15 am 

The thing i would like to know is how does this affect how you dispel yourself? You go hunting and now you are done, do you have to wait until the spell wears off or wil you be able to dispel yourself?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:16 am 

Quote:
Dislexia at its best again!

150 Hp was an example... Let me try to explain it to you so you understand..

Lets say you have a pvm with 170 str (gandalfs str) and you poly into a deamon. The only way for enemy to despell you back into human is if they cast despell when your at 170 hp or lower. If you have more hp than you have of str, than it will just damage you.
i ment the +150 HP the poly gives u , so stfu with that already lol i knew wtf he ment... edit- annd i said the +150 enchantment aka the + 150 str u get for polying.. soo poo u poop face :mrgreen:

annnd bob.. theres walls... sooo to honestly dispell a pvm mage.. (w/ them healing) ur gonna have to drop down to basically 0 mana + when u get them to there regular str or w.e.. all they need to do is heal one time.. and they still cant be dispelled -__- and if they get close all they need to do is wall them selves.. and u mass dispell... and it takes them to there 100% health.. then they just cast heal as soon as it hits and then there still polyed safely...

i could understand if like.. u dispell and it takes like 75 hp (half of what they get for polying) and then soon as they HIT to there natural HP or drop below that.. there poly gets dispelled....

but as you put it.. no monster will EVER dispell a poly mage now.. only on rare occasions when there already damaged below half (there usually like 170 str if im not mistaken) soooo ya... just to major of a + with it only taken 30 hp (would take 5 dispells to get them down to where dispell does it's name (without them healing) 6 dispells (without them healing) to get them unpolyed -_- just dont seem fair

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 8:24 am 
Site Admin

If you are using dispel to drop them from full hp, you are doing something wrong.
Also your 30 damage is wrong. Magic resistance isn't a flat 10, it's up to 10 if you have gm resistance.
Like how armor mitigates damage but does a different amount every time.
So rework your assumptions based on that and try again.

Likewise now your mass dispel to drop walls gets an added damage bonus.

The damage from dispel is in case they are borderline and heal up, it doesn't become worthless.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 9:06 am 

i understand that.. but all that extra power to fix what problem?
monsters<<<<<<<<< dispelling pvm mages .....
but now they will be a force in pvp... like a tank replacement lol
edit- not that tanks are usefull/balanced now anyway... but this puts PVM mages waaaay above tanks lol

edit2 - maybe make MONSTERS dispell , spell work like that...

edit3- think of how much mana it takes for a pvm to poly...
now think how much mana it will take to unpoly a pvm (not even kill him ) just unpoly.... doesn't seem fair... it would seem favorable if you were a PVM mage no doubt.. but look where it leaves everyone else compared to them....

annnd regular mages pk mages take the grunt of this... not even necros which i play on.. so im not saying this even for me (how much pking do i do? ) but necros can just mana drain....

annnd maybe on that note... maybe the blocking of dispell shouldnt be worked by HP maybe it should be worked by mana?, while polyed dispell should take away from ur mana banks (something a pvm cant actively and wasnt built for regenerating and fortifying....) that would be more fair....
edit 4- by it working on mana i mean like under 50 u can get dispelled but over 50 u cant and dispell takes 25-30 mana points... this would seem the fair thing to do.. while still making pvms more sturdy all around it doesnt over boost them in pvp.. which pvp isnt even the main focus of the update if i understand it correctly... but in any case it makes them better suited for it then b4...

just saying lol...

edit5- even thooo it takes i think 20 mana or so for dispell.. casting dispell as an offender would do the same thing to both the caster and the recipiant.. but the caster is most likely going to have med...

and polys can also defend this and go more pvp style by getting med... which would make them formidable in pvp (specially with a bear and mana pots )

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 11:09 am 

not sure wht i think about this yet..but polys go daemon cant wear hat, and would not be a good meditation candidate, but could make a new class of bone knight polys

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 12:22 pm 

Quote:
The thing i would like to know is how does this affect how you dispel yourself?
Not trying to be a dick or anything, but can you please answer this one Bob?

Like Belg mentioned, do we have to wait for the spell to wear off or can we dispel ourselves?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:20 pm 
Site Admin

nah i actually purposefully didn't answer that one.
Can anyone guess why?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:24 pm 

Quote:
Can anyone guess why?
Because you like to watch us squirm?

I'm guessing it either works the same way as dispelling others, or you can dispel yourself in poly.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:27 pm 

i treid it and you dispell yourself just fine

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:38 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
i treid it and you dispell yourself just fine
Hey wow, it was something easily test and confirmed! :P
I don't mind questions, but i am annoyed by questions that show a complete lack of thought behind them. I do not encourage lack of thought, in fact i heavily discourage it. :)

Use your brain, it's why you have one!

tl,dr: I don't answer questions that you can answer yourself most days

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2011 1:39 pm 

Ok, tell me if I'm wrong but.

If you take away the buff of the polys health, and cast dispel, they will dispel?

That dosen't seem to terrible... Why would you sit there casting 6-7 dispells, when you can cast other damaging spells, then 1 dispell. Pollys get molested out of polly, so once thats dropp you pretty much won.

I'm not sure if I'm right or wrong, so flame away.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 23 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next