It is currently Tue May 21, 2024 10:39 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]
 Post subject: Cooking check
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 8:22 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
I haven;t gotten a cooking gain since like...the beginning of t4a. Granted I'm at 99 but I've done enough fishing and cooking that I feel I should have gotten at least one gain.
On top of that I wanted to know if cooking is like other crafting skills as in you must cook more difficult things to gain skill, and if so, what would be harder skill wise than stat fish to cook?

Post subject: Re: Cooking check
PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 10:57 am 
Site Admin

Cooking hasn't gotten an overhaul yet like the other crafting skills.
Also as for what's harder to cook than a stat fish... pretty much everything.
So much so in fact that when i do eventually redo cooking, i'm just nuking everyone with the cooking skill to like 60.0, and having it actulaly be worthwhile to gain and whatnot.

So lets now make this a thread about what everyone wants to see in cooking that'll make it useful outside of just being a second form of alchemy.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 11:01 am 

the problem with food is that its just not that usefull in game.
Maybe mix skills with it to make special fish that are actually very good and rare to use in pvp.
Be able to use regs in cooking, like garlic and stuff, mixing ingredients.
Cook poison food. lmao
Make food a valuable commodity. People keep there cooked food in a backpack for ages, make it go rotten and makes you ill or something.

I dont know stuff like that

PostPosted: Wed Jun 22, 2011 12:16 pm 

Well my last question aside from how to make cooking useful for now is:
Will I be able to gain then if i cook something closer to my skill? I just wanna GM it to transfer the skill over pretty much, is what im getting at

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:05 pm 

Quote:
i'm just nuking everyone with the cooking skill to like 60.0, and having it actulaly be worthwhile to gain and whatnot.

So lets now make this a thread about what everyone wants to see in cooking that'll make it useful outside of just being a second form of alchemy.
I gm'd my cooking about 5 years ago and have since cooked enough so that i would have gm'd it another 5 times (not that i want to try!!!) It would be very unfair if you do drop it to 60.

I transferred it to another char and have cooked everything from ribs and fishsteaks, to statfish, fff, and small fish and have not had a gain, nor have i had a failure. I was wondering if it is possible to gain in the cooking skill.

I personally don't like it being a second form of alchemy, which i would have done if I WANTED an alchemist.

Food going bad i don't like as then you would take steps to preserve, like salt/sugar or jerky. Pressure cooker.

(I'm a 20 year cook so be careful about steppin' this way.)

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:12 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
ya can people with 100 cooking get atleast 75.. because 60 isn't fair.. as people with NEW characters that haven't cooked a thing can start with 50... 10 below people who had it Gm'd for years..

i understand dropping it, everyone by 25 or 30.. by 60 sets people back to far... maybe make some cool food available at 80 or 75.. so atleast cooks get some immediate +s from there newly dropped skill :/ even though i understand 60 would be like 100......but as he said ^^ most ppl woulda gmed this many times over.. me probably twice and 75% maybe 3 times but any who ya 60 = to low...

as for ideas....

alchemy + cooking...

feast fish + bat eyes = throw up potion.. temporarly lightens your load (increase what u can carry but makes you hungry..) (ok that one is kinda stupid lol sorta but u get the concept , give take)

peas + potatos + dragon scales = dragon scale stew? lessens magic damage done against you for a short period... but also lowers physical/ magic attacks dished out

peas + potatos + dragon blood = increases damage done to you, but increases damage you dish out...

*shrug* prolly stupid ideas but they were thought of in 20 secs so.. lol

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 8:22 am 

Yahoo Messenger: dedommanger
I was also wondering about this as I haven't gotten a Cooking gain in a long while either. I don't agree with dropping people, they worked for that skill they should be able to keep it. ultimately what will dropping their skill do? make more players mad and not want to play = counterproductive.

So have the gains been turned off for cooking then?

I like the idea of being able to cook cakes and such not necessarily a combination of cooking and alchemy but fun stuff kinda like tinkering, not worth a whole lot just fun.

Ankhesenamun
Dedo Serenity
Fisherwmn
Ruby Estella
Enchantress

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:00 pm 

Bob already explained and debated the cooking thing over a year ago...
he will drop the skill, but more in the way that he will complete it...
untill now cooking was ´´relatively easy´´ to get to gm.. but was pretty useless to be gm...
when he drop the skills.. you will still be able to cook everything that you can cook now.. stat fishes, FFf ect..
just that to put it in line with a skill like blacksmithing or alchemy it need to be harder to gm and have good product to be made out of it...
if you dont want to trian it agian.. you wont loose any privilege of what you had before..

you can just see that as the cap of cooking being raised to 140% without taking more room in your general skill cap..

as for relating everything to make player mad and quiting the game... you gona make bob cry.. i feel it..

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 4:44 pm 

I only have a problem with this if i start burning stat fish because i am no longer 90 +. Other than that i say w/e because cooking as it stands is kind of a waste of skill points when considering the only advantage is you don't burn stuff.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 5:00 pm 

Quote:
Also as for what's harder to cook than a stat fish... pretty much everything.
any questions ?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 pm 

That means absolutely nothing to me, what does is the fact that when i was training cooking i burnt a lot of stat fish until i was atleast 90.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:13 pm 

ya i burnt my exception of stat fish at 80-90 cooking way back when also so what belg said..

i dont think burning things is really a concern anymore even at lower skills though (dunno just a guess lol)

there should be incognito stew :D would play well for the stealther ppl and sneaker folks

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 10:11 am 

I think its stupid to nuke peoples cooking... And no im not Gm cooking i have no fisher.

Just because it was easy to gm back then doesent mean you should nuke it.

Just about every skill was easy to gm at one point. Why not nuke them and make people start over?

Dont really understand it

PostPosted: Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:40 pm 

i thought you hated obsi? :/ ... anywho he's wiping some of the skill not nuking it persay.. but think of it like someone said up there he's just pushing it to 140.. skill cap.. while sparing our cap..

i think people who GM'd it b4. should be compensated abit though one way or the other..

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:25 am 

Never said i hated obsidian. I hate alot of things in it but i dont hate it.

I just dont think cooking skill for anyone should be droped just because hes redoing it.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 15 posts ]