It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:13 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 9:22 am 

The moongates used to be a great way for warriors and other chars with ne magic to get around. Now you go through and if you don't go to the right place you are stuck there for whatever amount of time. We might as well not even have them if you can't use them to get anywhere.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 12:41 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Ya ive already complained, i thought they were broken but thats how there suppose to be like. But since theres a red rune chamber im not gunna trip.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 5:02 pm 

I understand why they were made to be like that so now you can follow someone through the moongates but the end result is the moongates are now useless. If you weigh the pros and cons here i think the answer is clear.

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:02 pm 
Game Admin

What if the timers were reduced on the moongates? That way they're not useless and they're still preventing people from escaping a PK by running through them?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 7:14 pm 

Reduced to what tho? The effectiveness of them was that if you went through and it wasn't the right area you went back in until you got to the spot you were looking for. Is it possible to maybe set it so that if anyone else comes through within a certain time they will automatically go to the same place?

PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2011 10:19 pm 

The last post by matt sounds like a good idea. But really in 6 years of playing I've never once tried to "escape" or have had an "escapee" run through a moongate.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:00 am 

I agree, I use them to travel on my warrior, not to run. they are useless now. they allowed playeres to go to areas that rc didnt.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 12:20 am 

I agree as well. I used the moon-gate simply to travel to better fishing spots on my fisher.

Mainly Jhelomn docks which I don't think you can access without using the moon-gates.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 4:20 am 

If I was hunting or walking around I barely ever used a moongate to escape a pk....I ran to the nearest town! I think I created a thread like this....I used moongates on crafters mainly to get to different towns to explore and gather materials before...moongates are pointless and a skilled pker will stalk and kill its prey leaving no possible outcome of escape....paralyze spell does work now...could help.

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2011 9:32 am 

For one it is, (or was anyway,) illegal to follow someone through the RC to pk them. So if a guy who is running just happens to be near a moongate out in the world and he makes it there good on him. Thats what wall pots are for. :?

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 8:37 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
Quote:
For one it is, (or was anyway,) illegal to follow someone through the RC to pk them. So if a guy who is running just happens to be near a moongate out in the world and he makes it there good on him. Thats what wall pots are for. :?
agreed,,,

I dont think one person ever complained about trying to pk someone and them getting away through a damn moon gate..... if they did.. im pretty sure they would be laughed at...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 10:01 am 

Of all the years I have been here i have not seen someone bitch or complain about the moongates. Why change it? It seems like everyone was happy with it. And now that it's chaged no one likes it.

If it's not broke don't fix it...

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:10 am 
Site Admin

Alright, lets get alternative ideas then.

One i read earlier suggested that moongates be attuned, that is, someone steps through them, selects a destination, and for the next phase cycle, they are locked to that destination. This would be on a per-moongate basis(each destination can lock to a different area), with it lasting at minimum a duration of half a phase cycle and at most 2 cycles.

The reason for this change was two-fold.
1. is to prevent the pk escape situation. I know most of you have never run into this, but part of that is because most of you have never pk'd in the overworld or been in such a situation. I'm trying to align these for when the shard is full again. Historically in low playerbase, pk'ing happens either in town, town borders, or dungeons, and that's it.
2. To promote actual travel in the overworld. I know we have the runestone chamber, and mages have recall, and honestly while it is super convient, it results in a removal of a lot of interaction and pvp possibilities. I know people are going to scream bloody murder at me, and i'm not saying you should have to run from vesper to britain every time, but people should at least know the map and the areas and have to use that knowledge occasionally.

So yeah, if you can propose a situation that fits those two criteria, i'm more than willing to entertain it.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 11:16 am 

Here's my Idea:

Once you step into the moongate it brings up a menu and you choose your destination. Don't put in some ridiculous timer... maybe like 10 seconds or so should be good but the only stipulation is if you're being attacked, the attempt to travel fails and you'll have to try the whole process again. Sounds reasonable for people just wanting to explore and rely on moongates to take them to towns not accessible by the rune chamber and will end pk escapes.

PostPosted: Mon May 09, 2011 12:16 pm 

Another way to stop people from using moongates to run away, is put a timer on them once you enter combat. As soon as your attacked put a 1 minute restriction on using moongates, so if you try to use it, it ownt activate and the pker will still be able to come after you. That would stop people from running into it in the middle of the battle.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next