It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 5:14 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Bosses Heal Instantly
PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:18 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
I think the instant healing on bosses should be turn off... Its garbage that if you run off a screen to heal and run back the boss is fully healed... There hard enough to fight we dont need all our hard work going to waste cause we have to heal..

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:48 pm 

agreed
altho staying away a prolonged time is bad lol.

Maybe give it a timer of 30 seconds before healing? Maybe 45.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:48 pm 

i agree with scud. it is quite ridiculous to run away for a sec and have a full boss to deal with...again. regular monsters dont have this affect why should bosses? if you want to take the time in a dungeon, while a pk could come anytime, to run back and forth trying to kill a boss you should be able to. the time spent doing this is a lot greater, which allows for pks or other monsters to respawn.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

The timer is there to cover the flaw in the AI that allows for a person to come in, snipe the boss with a spell, correctly timed arrow, or potions, and run out before the boss can hit back. Then they can run far enough so that the bosses AI loses the aquired attack on the target, allowing them to do it again.

It will not change until someone gives me a better option to prevent people from abusing boss AI.

If you are so concerned about it, hunt the boss in groups, if you choose to solo them the reset is the risk you take if you have to run for your life to heal.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 3:24 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
for people who want to heal... i suggest bringing e walls with you lol....

but,, id say make bosses more aware... make them so they see 2 screens away... and will attack any player within those 2 screens.. (if not blocked by a wall)

PostPosted: Sat Jul 24, 2010 4:20 pm 

these bosses hit hard as shit...lol

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:18 pm 

i know this isnt another option. but i have to say anyway :)

xenobird, shadowx and scath of skybreakifhchaghd and myself all went to kill chesire this morn. we killed her, she went shadow, we had her down to like maybe 3 more e-bolts and we kept having one of our many many many ghosts stay with her so she couldnt instant heal...while i wass trying to rez someone, fury was keeping her busy and staying close....her life bar went grey for 2 secs and when she was back on she was full healed. that was the biggest bullshit we ever saw. chesire is super fast and can draw you back to her. so you have to stay quite far away to survive a shadow that is hitting 150 hits each time or more.

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 2:31 pm 

Quote:
i know this isnt another option. but i have to say anyway :)

xenobird, shadowx and scath of skybreakifhchaghd and myself all went to kill chesire this morn. we killed her, she went shadow, we had her down to like maybe 3 more e-bolts and we kept having one of our many many many ghosts stay with her so she couldnt instant heal...while i wass trying to rez someone, fury was keeping her busy and staying close....her life bar went grey for 2 secs and when she was back on she was full healed. that was the biggest bullshit we ever saw. chesire is super fast and can draw you back to her. so you have to stay quite far away to survive a shadow that is hitting 150 hits each time or more.
we were hunting her for about a hour but to illustrate better you could barely see the blue in her health bar...she ran off screen for 2 secs tops and was fully healed when were able to see her again...the amount of time spent dieing...auto following, rezzing, over 500 bears casted...n to almost have her at death n for 2 secs she was able to heal 100% is complete bs..not even getting the loot for the reg chesire was bs...but then almost killing its shadow n it disappeared to all of us for 2 secs or less we didnt Run away to heal we didnt run we were dieing for that very reason...to have all that hard work gone in 2 secs is bs. Thanks.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 3:51 pm 
Site Admin

Put in a change to make them double their health whenever it checks if no one is around (it only checks once every 30 seconds, so you guys got seriously unlucky), this way when they're ultra low on hp it won't heal them too much, but should still be enough to counter the shenanigans that some players try to pull).

This should not hurt as bad as the old heal to full, but will still heal em to full if they're only half health or more.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 4:15 pm 

ty...its better but cant it at least be like 10 secs off screen before there is any penalty? it should take more than 10 secs to heal up or whatever you ran off screen for doing shinanagins..lol

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:17 pm 

thx

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 1:06 pm 

What ever happened to just punishing people who abuse the system? I have never agreed with putting things in place to stop cheating if the game or good players suffers for it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 12:11 pm 

And i dont even personally see the point in stopping the run-by-sniping. If thats how a player wants to (or has to cause the boss can 1 hit kill you...) then why stop it?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 09, 2010 4:10 pm 

and like i said in the past...if they want to be down solo in a dungeon on a pk shard for a ton of time to be able to do that ....go for it.

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]