It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 6:01 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next

Should we be forced to sit at our computer for an hour?
No! That's ridiculous!  50%  [ 12 ]
Yes, I have no life and I love to stare at my screen for hours.  50%  [ 12 ]
Total votes : 24
PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 8:01 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
So I was sent to the 60 minute jail room for saying f*****. I didn't mind, I had to eat dinner anyways, so I dropped a stone told him I was eating dinner and went and ate dinner.

So after my scrumdidaliumshis meal I come back and notice Echo macro stoned me in jail. Now, this is redonkulous, macro stoning someone when ur in jail is just stupid. I'm pretty sure he did it because I had to eat dinner and he didn't appreciate me walking away to eat.

But seriously, you guys excpect us to sit at our screen for a full hour waiting? No, I won't. That is crossing the line, I can understand while I'm gaining skill or a resource, but sitting in a jail cell? Lol...

Vote on what you think.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:20 pm 

Your allowed to afk. (wait in jail for stone). But im pretty sure he got you for afk macroing kills. If you had 0 kills then that would be messed up. But if you dont then i see why he did it.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:26 pm 

hmmm maybe i can get that in a real jail , get 2 yrs for being bad and go to my moms house for dinner and come back just in time to be released. If you are not there there is no lesson learned.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 9:34 pm 

I agree that 1 hour jail time sucks but where is the punishment if you drop the stone and go do something else for an hour? I think kingblacktorn is right though, if you were playing as a character with kills you likely got macro-stoned for decaying kills.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:35 pm 

Well I guess I'm not like you people, staring at my screen for an hour... lol ok

PostPosted: Thu Jul 08, 2010 10:37 pm 

psh 1 hr with a char in jail sucks... specially since from what i understand now you cant log onto another char and dick around for an hour with that char...

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:35 am 
Ok, So if you was going on a holiday for a week and you got a week jail for bug abusing, does that mean its ok?

1 Hour jail is something that Staff physically have to move you to for doing something that you shouldn't be doing. 8 Minute Jail is different as Guards take you there.

So yes it is boring and annoying to be in jail for an hour but if you obeyed the rules then you wouldn't be there. Staff would much rather concentrate on fixing and doing things for the shard than jailing people that can't follow simple rules.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:00 am 

i remember in t3a when we used to drop the 1hour stone and log off then after an hour we log back and just dclick the stone.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:24 am 
Yes but what is the point in that? I agree 8 minute jail you should be allowed, But the 1 hour jail is a Punishment from staff so what kind of punishment would it be if all it is, is that you can't use a character for an hour?

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:48 am 

that sucks.. lol Jail back then was way better its still punishment because its preventing your character from playing for one hour...not your whole account...that's like being a Nazi. Imma kill all of you guys because of one race aka Account...A guy can role play being a dick one char take his punishments and still should be able to play on another char. Thats my opinion though. You should be able to afk in one hour jail. Not being able to use your main char for one hour is punishment enough. You are in jail thats the punishment.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 7:10 am 

the punishment is not being able to use that char for an hour... whats the difference of actually being at your computer not paying attention to obsid and looking at stuff for an hour as opposed to being away from it not paying attention... or do you honestly expect everyone all the time to pay attention to obsid when its open? some people read forums while being bored on obsid leave the game open and such. some people play browser games while waiting for things to happen in obsid. i think its stupid and i used to land in time out alot when obsid was a pvp free server.... for pvping.... it sucked not having impe as a useable character for an hr sucked even more when snoopy would land in there.... sucked even more when my crafter would land in there....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:14 am 

Yeh but I didn't need to be jailed, I said a bad word and I got jailed. wahh wahh, who fkin cares.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:36 am 

The rules of the shard are very simple to follow , and if you break them you should be jailed.

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:06 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
it's a game... sitting there at your computer for an hour looking at nothing is unrealistic ..

the punishment is not being able to use your account for an hour... what you do for your hour time in jail is up to you....

if you wanna be twatbods and say OO it's unrealistic to get jailed and go to your moms house or some simple nonsense like that... remember... its a game? you get jailed for 8 mins for being caught in town as a murder..... 60 mins for cursing... thats also realistic eh? .. its a game....

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:14 pm 

1 hour jail time may be a bit rough for one little word however offensive that word may be but the rules state:

4. Absolutely no comments that aren't politically correct. As in, you may not use any unlawful, harmful, threatening, abusive, harassing, defamatory, vulgar, obscene, hateful, racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable language toward any other player or staff member. That means no using Jew, Polluck, or any other slur, in ANY form. Again, no grey areas. If it appears to mean something, then it is illegal. So variants on jew are not tollerated.

So the punishment was definitely well in the GMs right. But perhaps instead of jailtime for vulgar language the GMs can block the character or account from the ability to speak for an hour... that way the person can do something more productive than sitting around flaming people at the bank.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next