PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:43 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
whens the last time you seen bane pvp?

Post subject: Re: Archery
PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:47 pm 

Last week.

Why are you asking me that question when you know the answer was before the switch to t4a....

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 5:59 pm 

because where not talking about before t4a?
things need balancing now...
so why bring up bane now,, if he doesnt do good now with a bow? not saying he wouldn't... but he doesnt play! so your example is void lol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:03 pm 

Wasn't really trying to base Bane's performance on archery, but to show that movement wasn't allowed in t3a either, and he did fairly well regardless. Thus, I don't think that archery should be allowed to be used when moving because that doesn't seem appropriate.

Being able to run/move when using a bow would mean missing your target more than standing still. If you allow running there has to be a drop in accuracy due to running and shooting at the same time.

That was sort of my point, might want to get to the point next time I guess...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 6:16 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qeWezoNrlq0

but anyway......
like i said.. moving archery isnt what needs to be changed imo... seeing they can hit a target while the targets moving... but the strength of bows needs to be changed...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:41 pm 

you know old school women warriors would chop off a tit just so they can become more accurate on a bow while riding on a horse...

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 7:53 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

you were not able to shoot while moving in t3a most of the time, but there was insta-hit for archers...not sure about wariors.

if you were attacking someone, and you ran behind a building or a wall, the instant you were back in LOS of your target you fired an arrow...if you were moving or not

on second thought...this might have been a bug..IDK

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:22 pm 

Quote:
Well if we use Bob's logic of 'too good to be true,' than yes, that would be considered a tiny bug.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 8:34 pm 

@nosympathy movement on horses is a well known way all through history. As someone said when it comes to this game...magery is a ranged thing...so is archery. Maybe mages cannot cast unless they stand still through the whole casting?

@Blob Good idea to make rangerclass have something else....might be good to have certain craftables that only certain classes can use..in this case a Ranger Bow or something. Shoots 1 tile farther and is noobified. Either that or make a command for rangers that summons a bow. That bow could be pretty regular and helpful in some instances. I dunno.

Archery as a skill needs a makeover for sure.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:19 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Well if we use Bob's logic of 'too good to be true,' than yes, that would be considered a tiny bug.

it's not too good to be true...it's actually a setting in the ini file for the server that can be easily turned off and on. what would be a bug is if it worked for archery and not for melee weps, because (as far as I know), the instahit setting is supposed to be universal

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 9:30 pm 

fact of the matter if mounted archers werent supposed to move why the hell did so many nations and armies employ at great expense to have them? to even things out make it so mages are paralyzed while casting its that simple to make everything fair if you ask me. change archery up where its viable in both hunting and pvp are make it so mages cant move while casting. necros get stuck after they cast archers cant move while shooting seems to me that magery is unbalancing the system. something needs to be changed thats all people are saying.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 29, 2010 10:17 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

it's not too good to be true...it's actually a setting in the ini file for the server that can be easily turned off and on. what would be a bug is if it worked for archery and not for melee weps, because (as far as I know), the instahit setting is supposed to be universal
That was more of a joke. Not something that should have been taken seriously lol

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:09 pm 

Quote:
fact of the matter if mounted archers weren't supposed to move why the hell did so many nations and armies employ at great expense to have them? to even things out make it so mages are paralyzed while casting its that simple to make everything fair if you ask me. change archery up where its viable in both hunting and pvp are make it so mages cant move while casting. necros get stuck after they cast archers cant move while shooting seems to me that magery is unbalancing the system. something needs to be changed thats all people are saying.

mages would suck to bad if they had to wait for there spells in the same area... necros shouldn't be stuck when casting either... only web .. ruins the point of light imo ... because they know where you are,, i know there's things to counter that.. but betime you get to it through those menus.. itll be to late... and if you happen to get it right and pull the tactic off... all that work would be for a max of 10 seconds of gain..... basically its not worth it unless your running away.. and ur gonna get caught more then that tactic allows you to pull it off.. specially with mages .. i suggest to stop this.. when your in light. make it so that the all names macro doesnt work on you.. because if your not able to see someone due to light you shouldnt be able to locate them with a macro..
(i know light has more functions but just saying)

anyway back to mages.. maybe its not mages that need to be changed? maybe its archery? because imo. mages are pretty inpar with the rest of the classes atm. warriors are reeally powerfull specially the healing,, but if archers are the only ones that are really really behind.. why change 1 class to go back with them? wouldnt you bring archers up to be on par with the rest of the classes?

thats like saying sally is to slow to keep up with rachel and ronny in gym class... so lets kick ronny in the leg so they'll be even,,, but rachel would own everyone then in that case... (rachel would be warriors if you didnt catch on)

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 3:15 pm 

seems simple to me...just make it so archers can shott and move but only while not mounted.

or make it so only light crossbows (which are only ones you would be able to shoot with one hand) can be used mounted.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:28 pm 

chips - im just making a point that theres more than one option yes making archers better is obviously the one i want only reason i stated the not moving this is osi but they have ways of casting faster so it really doesnt belong i guess...

falin - many people can shoot a normal bow from horse back (well there used to be alot of people) with aiming hitting the target and so on. makes more sense that the only one that cant shoot while moving is the heavy crossbow...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 47 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next