It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 12:41 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: Animals in Towns
PostPosted: Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:31 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Some of the towns I have seen have been looking dead... Some shops don't even have vendors, the farm side of some of the town's, their spawns are all messed up, leaving the animals bunched up into a group in a random spot, it just feels like im walking through a blank shard when I go through the farm side.

I think a staff should be put to work and should have that staff focus on fixing all the spawns, making sure they don't bunch up into groups!

Post subject: Re: Towns
PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:15 am 

I've seen the same thing as Apoc. I agree that a staff member, perhaps with a group of players as volunteers, should take a look at these seemingly dead towns (flawed, actually) and look into opening them up for the use of present and future players. having food grow in certain random areas (such as the farms outside Britain) was a pretty good idea, but the animal spawns seem odd due to the bunching in random spots, as Apoc mentioned.

Rob - GM bank sitter/self-preservationist[Restless]
Ichigo - GM miner/blacksmith/ider/philanthropist[StoneD]
Cedar - GM Lumberjack/Master Tailor/Master Carpenter [Crafters]:(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:24 am 

Opening new towns seems pointless. Not that there are better things to focus on, but that its pointless in general. Since the whole plague that hit Brit back in t3a no one leaves Vesper anymore.

Before it was either Vesper or Brit. Usually alternating between the two. Half players stayed in Vesper, and the other half in Brit. Yet, now everyone simply spends their time in Vesper.

Although I would like to very much see new towns opened and new locations used, it doesn't seem worth too much effort if no one will leave Vesper :lol:

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:05 am 

I like the idea of new towns. And the plague was in vesper then when it was lifter everyone went back. Maybe another plague need to hit maybe even more then one town at a time so people would have to help rebuild old towns idk just a thought. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:16 am 

Don't open new towns. Renovate old ones...open up closed businesses. Give players a reason to have houses and vendors in places other than Brit and Vesper.

Rob - GM bank sitter/self-preservationist[Restless]
Ichigo - GM miner/blacksmith/ider/philanthropist[StoneD]
Cedar - GM Lumberjack/Master Tailor/Master Carpenter [Crafters]:(

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:25 am 

how about we build magincia how we like and all move there!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 7:30 am 

Aesthetic is very important in my opinion, when the shard gets more players everyone will be chilling in one town, different guilds, different types of players, you get bored of having to stay in one spot. I think the towns and wilderness should be remodeled:)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:28 am 

no one knows but maybe both brit and vesper will get attacked both and we'll all have to move to a farther region...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:54 am 

Well we did move for a short time to Skara Brae back in t3a (don't know who remembers that still).

I say renevate to open new regions up, but I doubt people will leave once they get used to Vesper. The only way people will leave is if there is another plague and a people move to a new region.

Magnicia seems like a good spot, but its rather small when you look at it :|

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 10:29 am 

We have the chance to build what we want in magincia, you all need to just put suggestions in a book and pop them in the chest. The suggestions that are accepted then need to have the resources donated.. me and a couple of people hunted for rocks for hours on end, we got logs and some ingots but not many people seemed helpful. We cant get it all alone so if you guys really want a fun town, put some suggestions in the box and help get resources... Im more than happy to help as long as it dont seem im doing most the work myself.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:17 pm 

Yes, we just need to come up with lots of ideas for maginicia. It could be badass.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 2:57 pm 
Site Admin

Yeah, focus on magicina please, since that's active right now.

However, all towns will get a revamp eventually, just its a medium priority on the list, since it will require a lot of work.
The revamp for each town will be done individually since each town will take probably 50 hours+ of work, since the revamp will not only redo spawns, but add in actual life, each npc will become a real character, with goals, jobs, a life, etc.

But yeah, keep this thread going with stuff you'd like to see in town daily life since i'll be referring to this when that time comes

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:16 pm 

You never stop amazing us with the amount of ideas you create Bob. Good job!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:32 pm 

Thats what I was thinking about bob, giving more life to the npc's. Giving the jobs and such, making it seem more "real". Would be cool.

Something else that would be cool, when you wanted to give the shard night/day times, at night npc's would go to their homes and sleep, then open up shop in the morning, but even though that sounds cool, it would be a bitch when there closed and people would just get pissed :P

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:34 pm 

I just donated the last 1013 ingots for the bank in magincia!!
Come on people dig deep for stuff.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 16 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next