It is currently Fri May 17, 2024 1:30 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: New Year New Life?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 7:34 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Sooooooo....I'm just hoping that with this new year maybe account creation and voting can be re-enabled...

Maybe if some new players come in staff will be motivated to make new promotions, to work harder and stuff...I've seen some inactivity those days tho...

Maybe the plan could be fix the current things that have been going on and get new players in, they won't mind if some other patches/fixes will come out...new players would mean new opinions and point of views and stuff like that...am I right?

As a custom Sphere Shard I think we could do a good job right now...but if we want to implement our beloved shard we need more opinions/testers/players to raise the playability/community and fun!

So i really hope with the 2010 eve we can reopen and become to build a newer community.

I myself will (with any other player who wills to help) try to make before the new year's eve Skill/Crafting/Playing guides to wellcome the upcoming new players. Also I will take care of the update of those guides in case there are some changes.

I hope someone's cool with my idea and agree that after a couple of years of dead running we defo need new incoming players, and we the old ones can give full support to let them get well-along with the shard.

Post subject: Re: New Year New Life?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2009 10:20 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i agree

with time having it closed, more tech / games come out that will take potential players away..

so waiting isn't going to help... i dont see why we waited so long if the beta tag was off for so long

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:10 am 
Site Admin

1st off, we can't do any website changes without broadband. <-- Only reason we're waiting on some stuff
2nd off, i'm not going to rush the opening, and i've stated the reason before many MANY times. There is a SET LIST of things that need to be accomplished before we can open, and i've gone over it as well as my reasoning behind it in multiple threads over the past months.
We're close, but we're not there yet, so chill.
To encourage people to read the other posts and not retyping stuff, i won't go over what needs to be done still, but if you search and read up you'll find it.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 7:11 pm 
Game Admin

Quote:
i agree

with time having it closed, more tech / games come out that will take potential players away..

so waiting isn't going to help... i dont see why we waited so long if the beta tag was off for so long
Obsidian is a service, and as a service it offers an experience to its customers (players). If the service isn't up to the standard they expect it to be at they'll be dissatisfied and will likely discontinue using the service. What we've been striving to do is get the service (Obsidian) to a stage where it meets expectations and doesn't dissatisfy the players.

It's like a supermarket opening before they've put in the fruit and veggie section. Customers will get angry that they aren't getting what they expected and will more than likely move to another supermarket if they offer a fruit and veggie section.

Like Bob said, we're close so just chill. Rather than making plans for staff you guys instead focus on what YOU can be doing. I'd love to see someone with some computer skills put together a promotional movie for Obsidian or maybe some new banners/art? Even bug reporting helps speed along this whole process. You came up with some good ideas on how to help, Terek. Starting on those ideas are a better use of time than posting these threads. Threads like these just end up frustrating me and all the other staff because (like you) we don't like being told what to do.

So again, in the words Bob used: Just chill. We're on track.

Now I hope you all had a good Christmas and are looking forward to what the new year will bring for you and everyone around you.

All the best

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:18 pm 

being told and being advised what to do are totally different things... it's a forum, and i do love when people state there opinions and I hope for people to prove me wrong.. but until then, i'll share my view to give others a more complete view as they do to me and each other. I'm not trying to disrespect you or anything, but ideas+ communication are what makes a forum and humans in general thrive. Thus ill try to argue my logic as best as possible....
so just hear me out ;)

logic-
comparing it realistically to a company makes no sense at all.
as potential (customers) WONT come back, if they see this new (super market) closed.. unless you honestly think a (customer) will come back to a web site which hosts a 10 year old game that says it's in beta.......... ya...

so compare that situation to the situation where we have it open. that same potential customer MIGHT stick around. and spread the word of obsidian...
if not... it'll be the same as if that same player wouldnt have stopped at all.... he would leave not to come back or leave/bring anything to obsidian. either way.....

so its basically chance of new players atm.... or no chance of new players atm.. theres no other difference in it being open or closed..

so what i want to know is why would it hurt the shard realistically to keep it open when the potential player base is constantly changing...?

mind that im not talking about advertising it.. just opening the sign up... thats it... so if people happen to stumble across the site they can get things started... not like if they stumbled across it now they will wait... when theres a billion other games to try...

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 4:44 pm 

The game shouldnt have to be out of beta for people to join. New players will be aware that they are playing a beta server and can anticipate changes and more to come. More players bring more opinions and bug reports i dont see it harming the shard.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:12 am 
Staff

Quote:
More players bring more opinions and bug reports i dont see it harming the shard.
More players could also bring more trouble. After the multi-account purge, etc they have most current players all in check so to speak. There's a good chance that new players whom they are unfamiliar with may abuse bugs rather than report them. Just my thoughts on a motive for keeping the accounting center closed.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:48 am 

but that would happen regardless, until they learn that it's a bug...

happened ever since obsi started.. will continue to happen...

for the most part noobs wont be that intricate and wont be able to repeat bugs on any notable level....
most noobs don't even stumble across bugs because they stick to the basic mechanics of the game anyway

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 11:09 pm 
Game Admin

Quote:
for the most part noobs wont be that intricate and wont be able to repeat bugs on any notable level....
most noobs don't even stumble across bugs because they stick to the basic mechanics of the game anyway
Not exactly spot on there - before we changed over to T4A the majority of bug reports were from new players and have been that way for a long time. Most older players are to put it bluntly: damn lazy when it comes to bug reporting.

In any case - lower player numbers makes things easier for staff at the moment. It allows us to focus on bug fixes and not on recruiting or worrying about keeping an eye on new people. You can argue about it all til the cows come home but in the end it's the decision of Broadband as to when account creation is re-opened.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:20 pm 

oh didnt know it was broad bands decision... me arguing is rather pointless then..
nvm

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 12:39 pm 

The Obsidian God owns us all :cry:

LOL

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:54 pm 

Quote:
Most older players are to put it bluntly: damn lazy when it comes to bug reporting.
Well personally I would report bugs but my bug posts go un awnswered and arent corrected.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 5:21 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Most older players are to put it bluntly: damn lazy when it comes to bug reporting.
Well personally I would report bugs but my bug posts go un awnswered and arent corrected.
I posted through PM and paged a few times myself, and never heard back about this bad bug where I couldn't access my house. About a week later or so though, it was fixed so I can't complain. Just be patient and make sure they know about it is all I can say.

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 8:54 am 

oh well until then err 2 players quit because "no one plays here"

i think it was 2-3 days ago some dude in cove was just training and said F this lmao

i got a red stang out of it so idc,, but ya player base just slowly slips away..

PostPosted: Thu Dec 31, 2009 9:42 am 

I understand that there is other work needed to be done to the shard but bugs should be fixed asap as it seems they are either not read or put off until forgotten. If we arent going to be seeing any new players than we need to keep the few that play like chips said.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 19 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next