It is currently Sun May 19, 2024 10:58 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
PostPosted: Sat Jan 02, 2010 2:57 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Ok Well i understand staff somtimes takes items away from players. Well this has done ALOT especialy from me. I have noticed alot of items of mine have been going missing. Most the time its returned to my bank. Like my rose and stuff, but some items like my Deed to a Tower, and pile of 700 cooked wood elf hs not returned to me. Im just wondering when will i get those back, and Can staff Leave a note to players telling that they took, i dont think its fair to players when staff randomly takes items and doesnt say anything about it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:52 pm 
Site Admin

You know normally i'm polite, but you've had so much illegal shit, and pretty much everyone knows you'll abuse a bug if you think you can get away with it.

If it wasn't for the fact that i'm watching everyone like a hawk, you wouldn't "report" half the bugs you do that could be abused for personal gain.

Therefore, if i had to guess, i'd say that you had illegal items, and they were taken.
If you think they were legit, reply and i'll look into it, since right now i don't know who took your stuff.
But i don't want to be wasting time if you're just trying to get back items you shouldn't have had and are gonna argue why you think you should have them.

This goes for pretty much anyone. I'm just making an example out of you because you posted it.
Don't pm me asking to look into staff nuking your items if you are doing illegal shit, and that was your punishment. Believe it or not we do talk to each other, and the last thing i HATE hearing is a player going from staff to staff trying to get someone to "Fix" a punishment another staff did. This isn't a game where mom says no so you go ask your dad and hope he says yes.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:04 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
well bob, although im not going to go into his specifics or w,e
he did bring up a good point

can it be made public / or PMed or something to the person if a staff would happen to do this? would be really nice...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:10 pm 
Site Admin

Normally it is told to the player. Staff give warnings before anything else usually, since one of the rules is to assume poeple are ignorant of why they're in trouble unless we have reason to expect them to know better. Yes it's too lenient most of the time but it's better than falsly punishing people.
We will almost never publically post stuff like this, because I like to reserve public shaming for extreme infractions of the rules or harassment of staff, thatway it retains it's power and doesn't become commonplace.

However there are cases where that is not required. Repeat offenders, or items that are obviously illegal are one of them. People who steal decorations they know are supposed to be immovable and have been for years, people who steal cannons from boat battles, etc, are all examples of situations where the player would have known better and needs no explanation, although if they ask one will certainly be given.

As i pointed out, I am more than happy to look into this issue. I am just warning him beforehand that if this is about stuff he knew was illegal, i will not be happy putting in the time finding out who did this and why, because it would have been time i could have spent on other things.

If you don't get a warning or talking to from staff about any rule break, then you've done it before or it's a big rule and you've been here long enough to know better. Everything else gets warnings and discussions, because our goal is to avoid people breaking rules, not punishing those who do it. Punishments are to deter you from breaking rules in the future, not to punish you for the already done infraction.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:18 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
oh i didnt know cannonballs were illegal, im pretty sure i had some. probably still do, GL searching for them though.. maybe they were removed, never paid attention because i never thought they were illegal,,,
but any who a PM would still be nice...

I just say that because i never got any warning and i have been here long enough to know its illegal (but actually dont) like the cannonball instance

really dun want any invis infractions that aren't really recorded that i didnt know about...

Pming players individually can help players keep tab on there infractions,,,,
thats how i see it...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:18 pm 

Well the 2 items ive stated that where tooken was a tower deed. That wasnt illgeal but it didnt work for some reason wouldent let me place. The second was a huge pile of smoked wood elfs. I dont care for the items much but id just like to know when a staff takes an item and the reason.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 2:30 pm 
Site Admin

Cannonballs aren't illegal, cannons are, because they can 1 shot kill things
Cannonballs have always been something players try to sneak out, and for the most part we'd let em keep it if they can manage to get it out since it's harmless.

And i'll look into it scud since you've expressed interest even after the warning.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]