It is currently Sat May 25, 2024 8:44 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 4 of 7   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next
PostPosted: Thu Dec 17, 2009 7:52 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
umm with that said item, it would be easier to fizzle a mages recall... not harder, so stop beotching?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 20, 2009 2:04 pm 

Well how about we make p pots land on the target and fizzle instantly like the good old days as this is a pretty f***** over due change and set the instant hit up later.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 6:14 am 
Site Admin

the "good old days", neither oft hose happened
poison pots have been dogable since they were created, due to the cloud system they use. Likewise the "instant" fizzle was actually a slight delay.
All that happened was the delay was increased (approximately doubled), and the damage/ticks between poison decreased.

Revisionist history is annoying, and this is why i specifically keep a copy of T3A loaded to compare T4A against, because people remember stuff wrong. :)

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:52 am 

no i would have to disagree with you here bob.

if the timer was 0 / less it would seem to US the people who don't look at the code directly that it's instant..

and with the ping / latency of most people vrs the shard, it might as well be instant unless you are already moving.

take into note the amount of people (everyone that plays) that said it was instant..
and it is... well.. everyone.
so ya gotta look at things from our view... effectively it was instant fizzle.. because there was little/no *first tick* for the poison
actually i would rather it the old system way still, poison has longer delay between ticks but the first one is really really small

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 4:20 pm 

You misread my bob i never said there was an instant hit before. As for poison, its overdue. Most people prefer the old system (landed on the target) and the other people seem not to care, others being pvmers. I dont see why this poison is kept the same perhaps other than ur preference over ours.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 5:15 pm 

Im a PvPer. I like it the way it is. If your having huge problems poisoning people just cast it.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 7:37 pm 

You like missing all your p pots? as a warrior one couldnt cast poison.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 8:15 pm 

Quote:
Im a PvPer. I like it the way it is. If your having huge problems poisoning people just cast it.
wtf?! lol, its not a tackle.. what if its a warrior ?!?!

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Fri Dec 25, 2009 9:54 pm 

Well it more more directing that at deathwish directly.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 3:13 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
You misread my bob i never said there was an instant hit before. As for poison, its overdue. Most people prefer the old system (landed on the target) and the other people seem not to care, others being pvmers. I dont see why this poison is kept the same perhaps other than ur preference over ours.
My point is the old system DID NOT LAND ON TARGET.
I did NOT CHANGE ANYTHING TO DO WITH HOW POTS WORK.

I don't know how much more clearly i can repeat this.
I did not change how you target poison pots
I did not change what they do when they are targetted
I did not change how people get poisoned
All ic hanged was what happens AFTER they're poisoned.
Quote:
take into note the amount of people (everyone that plays) that said it was instant..
and it is... well.. everyone.
Yeah, it's a phenomenon called groupthink. One person suggests something and it becomes imprinted n the minds of others as a self propogating fact.
We've had quite a LOT of it whenever someone says "T3A had xxxxx".
We have people suggesting features that never existed, people suggesting things that could NOT have existed on t3a's server version, and people usggesting stuff that we purposefully did not have.
Some of these are wishful thinking, others are people's memories from other shards, but all end up getting "agreed" as "fact" by a lot of people.
If you want an example, go look up any thread about archery while moving. that's one fhte more recent t3a groupthinks that got a lot of people believing it actually existed.
t3A did not support archery while moving, and the closest we coulda had was a hackish job that is around 20000 lines of code, which we did not, and it still woudlnt' have been archery while moving.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 10:30 am 

ok. things may not have changed bob. but in t3a, i cannot remember a time where a monster dogded my poison pot once, much less 3 or 4 times in a row, much less a player... and i can remember only a handful of times where an animal resisted a spell, but never 4 times in a row, or 6/10 times with 2/10 being fizzles on my end (that's a 75% resist by a f'n black bear resisting 6/8 spells btw and the best a player gets with gm parry and resist is 25%.) and tho i have never gm'd archery, it seems that every time you move, the timer to fire resets, and that seems so be different than t3a. may not have been able to fiire while moving, but once you did fire, you could move and as soon as you stopped you could fire again, timer permitting. Now it seems the timer only starts once you have stopped moving. Of course i could be wrong as i have only fooled around with it as i am not using archery, but it does seem different to me. warriors should not miss with poison pots as mages do not miss with poison spells. yes they can fizzle, but warriors can drop. that seems equal if both hit on a non-fizzle or succesful throw. the poison cloud seems to be as trecherous to the target as the thrower, where as a spellcaster has no worries about running thru his own poison plume.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 8:31 am 

Most mages dont cast poison anymore though, it uses up too much NS too fast, but it IS almost a sure thing.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:10 am 

Like usual, someone (I won´t say who), takes a piece of someone´s comment and makes a huge explanatory point on a digression rather than on the point itself. The point here is not whether there was an instant hit or not on the target, it is that poison pots SHOULD instantly fizzle the opponent AS THEY USED TO.

If someone claims that poison pots did not fizzle the opponent, you are clearly misinformed, or never had any contact with the former pvp system.

1) One should not rely on luck to dodge a FS, there should be a way (as there was) to fizzle it;
2) One should not go through the trouble of walling the opponent and being totally helpless as to him recalling away;

Those are the points. Please keep on topic and do not get lost on digressions.

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 11:45 am 
Site Admin

Quote:
Like usual, someone (I won´t say who), takes a piece of someone´s comment and makes a huge explanatory point on a digression rather than on the point itself. The point here is not whether there was an instant hit or not on the target, it is that poison pots SHOULD instantly fizzle the opponent AS THEY USED TO.

If someone claims that poison pots did not fizzle the opponent, you are clearly misinformed, or never had any contact with the former pvp system.

1) One should not rely on luck to dodge a FS, there should be a way (as there was) to fizzle it;
2) One should not go through the trouble of walling the opponent and being totally helpless as to him recalling away;

Those are the points. Please keep on topic and do not get lost on digressions.
Actually judas, you can take that attitude and shove it, because if anyone missed the point it was you.
I already stated before if fizzling a spell on command was that important to warriors, it'd become an innate skill, not a requirement to have poisoning. Right now poisoning is more than sufficient to fizzle a longer spell like flame strike. so maybe if you were complaining about fizzling a short spell like lightning you might have some complaint about timing. Warriors still have a window to fizzle spells, it's just not as long, and as such requires skill on both the warrior and mages part. the mage to prevent the warrior from fizzling and the warrior to fizzle. It's no longer just a mage being helpless to a warrior's fizzle as far as poisoning was concerned.
Likewise i pointed out there's an item to specifically block mages from recalling away, which solves that issue as well.
So where's your big issue that needs fixing?
Oh, it's not there? then STFU.

Therefore with that said, the discusison of actual poison hitting on target was brought up, and i was merely pointing out it never has, and if people wanted warrior poisoning to hit on target, it'd require a different balance.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 12:38 pm 

but bob, what I was bout to say was (didnt have chance to cuz company)
that even though scripting wise you can see that there was a delay with the poison cloud system, the time it takes to actually fizzle the opponent was raised... you said that yourself

now in the eyes of the players + the ping this small delay seemed very close to instant.. thus we say... instant.. and unless you were already running you couldn't really dodge a poison pot off of reaction time alone.. maybe if you had a extremely low ping like ashes did.. but most people are in the 80-100 ms range i am guessing...
yes, we all realized the cloud system was in effect before as multiple people can be standing on a square and they all get poisoned. people even implemented pvp strategy on that where they would stand on top of the opponent if they didn't want to be poisoned... or wanted there opponent poisoned also...

so i think it's differentiation of view points that is getting everyone confused,

you say it wasn't technically instant... but in our eyes it was as close to instant as we can imagine...
infact, i might have video proof if i can find it on the internet lol of some of the old pvp recordings i used to do

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 4 of 7   [ 91 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next