It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:02 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 9:29 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

It almost seams like Bob took a look at what the best, most popular, character builds are, limited the second most usefull offensive and defensive skills to 50, added armor and weapon limitations to fit his lore, added 100 skill points, and limited any other skills that might allow for creative character development (I.E. a war-mage with skills of a crafter).

Basically if your a race, you agree to be a cookie cutter character that can never reach the potential of a human. Even the crafting class is limited to 50 tinkering...which is really just a smith class, not a full blown crafting class.

IMO, Adding 100 skill points was basically useless, because anything you'd want to add is limited. If your a crappy or meadeoker tank mage (that never wears plate) and you want to add Arms Lore, i suppose a war-mage would be your thing....

I've talked over some of these limitations with Bob till I was blue in the face, but they are here to stay. I hope that his inflexibility on the issue is because he has plans for massive improvement/additions down the road, and removing/changing these limitations would make those classes grossly imbalanced.

All my characters turned human, and will stay that way unless what I mentioned above turns out to be true. It's a very good race system, and it's a shame to see that kind of scripting talent wasted on things people will not use....the ones who do use it will quickly find that they are at a rather large disadvantage compared to there human counterpart, particularly in regards to PvP/PvM.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:08 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
To me the problem is figuring out how to make a crafter as a race. So many things to look at and calculate
that it makes me just want to stay human and make one more crafter. Even a race warrior seems out of it,
I would have liked to see the ranger class taken out and added to the warrior setion. Allowing warriors races
to be able to wield ranging.

Races seem more confusing than that they sounded like so many years ago.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 26, 2009 12:32 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
umm,,, id kinda say what euro said

fuse the warrior and ranger class again to just warrior,

BUT even if you have 100 archery skill, if your wearing platemail it will automatically pull your skill effectiveness down to 50 skill points

so if you choose to wear platemail you still have some of the advantage.. and your character isnt so cookie cutter in the things he will wear.
some people would only wear partial platemail to higher there effective archery skill....
which gives players the oppertunity to really choose how they play there character

some people would wear plate legs and chain mail top and plate gloves and gorget and maybe have there effective archery only lowered to around 75 or so,,,
so ya :) i think thats a good option to look into...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:28 am 

In my case my warrior has like 720 or something with vet bonus. I can use melee skills and archery. Why would i even bother going to a race? Unless like i said b4 that the racial abitlities were really good but wth wood elf that didnt happen so we will see.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 10:40 am 

well currently you have a valid point,

but if the ranger class was fused or w,e with warrior,
then u would have a use for the extra skill points,,, u can throw maybe poison in on top of that lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:35 pm 

I think I found a decent use for a race character. Basicly he's a collector. I'm going to retrain mining and lumber jacking onto my tamer and drop them on my main crafter. This will free up some room for other core skills on my crafter, and since my tamer was almost useless, this gives him a new life.

On top of giving my tamer gathering skills, I'm going to turn him into a Forest Elf race with the Smith class. The race pathway ability along with 50 magic will let me get all over the map so I can collect ore, wood, and critters, and taming will allow me to get the very most out of the race farmiliar abilties.

Smith classes are limited to only using hammers, but they can use shovels for mining, and hatchets for lumber jacking.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 4:21 pm 

umm was that a big ball of irony or......

but ya the wood elves can only make 1 portal at a time and it takes a day to mature.. so no going all over the map...

so ya they kinda got screwed skill wise lawl...

if you got to choose where you went to then casted a wood elf spell on a tree then choose the area u want to warp to then after like 2 mins you can walk through that tree and use it as a portal for like 5 mins that would make it better... instead of running every where to train u can be anywhere in the wilderness in a matter of minutes :)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 5:53 pm 

recall runes can take you anywhere too....

I'm just saying I found a use for a race character.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:01 pm 

they cant take u to places u havent been been or w,e...

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 6:57 pm 

Yes chips, your right. Runes can't take you to places you never have been....neither can the wood elf portals.

But none of this matter if you've been everywhere.

none of this has much to do with the topic either.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:20 pm 

true... but i was suggesting that you should be able to ,, but yes all offtopic lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:43 pm 

this is how it should be!
races are put down to 680 skill cap but abilites, so they have the advantage of using powers
humans have 780 skill cap no abilites..

PostPosted: Sat Nov 28, 2009 9:35 pm 

I just think races are more complicated now then what they were before. From what I heard as saw when
I began, they were a lot more simple.

Simple is better :]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 9:29 am 

lol if it was like that not 1 person would be a race. It would be pointless rly. Saying i choose to ice wall or summen a turkey than getting to gm parry or Arch

PostPosted: Sun Nov 29, 2009 12:45 pm 

i would take the abilites over using parrying, being able to drink blood to heal, bezerk and all that gives u an edge

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next