It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:06 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:08 pm 
Site Admin

Congratulations to everyone who logs in and is in jail.
This means that you were caught by the rune sweeper because you had an illegal rune.
Feel free to page and plead your case with echo.
All in all 50 accounts were jailed this sweep, as we added three new locations for instant-jailing when caught, which include several old quest dungeons, as well as sherwood.

This, along with several other checks, are ran every month to help detect bug abusers. There are several that are run every week and two that are run daily.

Since there were so many this time, i'm not posting a name. But bug abuse gets public humiliation around here from now on. I will be getting the rest of the stat bug abusers later this week.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:34 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
How long are we in jail for.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:37 pm 

Quote:
I will be getting the rest of the stat bug abusers later this week.
Really are you kidding me. So your telling me that even when I mentioned that the stats were messed
up I needed to train my tank, is that my fault that I began training during a time when the stats
began to bug? I really doubt that. I posted on the forums stating the problem, and I know I paged about
the situation with int gains....

If anything you messed up coding somewhere and are trying to pin this on people that...

1. Didnt know it was a bug to begin with (obviously anything that seems positive is a bug)
or
2. Some people didnt really see it as a large problem.

All I know is that I have Screen shots of my stats before you jail us for "abusing the stat bug"

Would appreciate not being subject to this by my stats going down.....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:40 pm 

Hes always making bugs appear then punishing us for doing it when we think its changes to the server, or have no other choice but to abuse it cause it takes him forever to fix it and we wana train.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 5:46 pm 

Please tell me Bob....WTF was I supposed to do for the 2 weeks that you didnt want to fix it? Oh
your computer f***** up and you werent able to fix it....hmmm so Im supposed to waste my time
of being able to poof and sit at bank and become a GM Shit Talker? No thanks.

Once again, you mess with the coding....it creates a bug or malfunction in the game. Then you do not
mention it or try to figure out if what you did will create a bug. We accidently abuse it or do not even
know we are abusing anything (like what has happened to me).

Maybe Bob if you actually read the forums and posted in the Bugs and Suggestion section letting us
know whether what we found is a bug or not you will simply get no where.

You seem to be doing a lot of changes that benefit what you like, not what a lot of us want to see....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:01 pm 

lol guys no need to pms! and PS: Euro, I dont think he'll want to unjail a person dissing him.
I just want to know how long where in jail for?Pretty please with sugar on top!
anyways if anyone who was jailed has a chessboard leave it there:) so we can fun waiting for our pages to be answered!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:03 pm 

lol didnt you read what he said :O. He said ECHO will be unjailing people. as in he jails everyone and leaves the cleaning up to echo.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:04 pm 

Not going to sit around and let him force his authority on me because he did something to create this
bug, and then when we reposted it, he never mentioned to us it was an actual bug.

This one is ALL his mishap and he should realize this and not jail us for his mistake.....

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:14 pm 

I get what youre saying,andthat youre pissed.Im pissed too,but you gotta still be polite.Lets be gentlemen!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:15 pm 
Game Admin

Quote:
Not going to sit around and let him force his authority on me because he did something to create this
bug, and then when we reposted it, he never mentioned to us it was an actual bug.

This one is ALL his mishap and he should realize this and not jail us for his mistake.....
There was a stat bug that popped up and a few people took advantage of the error - it's not the kind of stat issue you're talking about.

Stop mouthing off at staff just because you're too stupid to wait for a response before jumping to conclusions.

As for all of those people with illegal runes - I know everyone has been warned time and again not to have the runes. So i'll setup a little table for penalties.

This will be based off your oldest character:

Ages 20-30: 2k gold
Ages 30-40: 5k gold
Ages 40-50: 10k gold
Ages 50-60: 15k gold
Ages 60-70: 20k gold
Ages 70+: 50k gold

The reasoning behind this is that the older you are the more aware you should be of the illegal rune status.
If you cannot pay the fine you will be taxed in items.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 6:21 pm 

Jailing players will surely increase shard activity. Lemme see: 3 players online on a Sunday night... sounds great... soon I'll be able to play all by myself! yay!

'And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you.' - Friedrich Nietzsche

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:42 pm 

From what he stated it seems like the stat bug that everyone seemed to take part in...

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:50 pm 

Euro i told you that it was a stat bug and you knew what you were doing and still did it anyway so cant feel sorry for you. I think most knew what they were doing but figured ah bobs comp is f***** he wont bother looking. So cant be pissed at staff. When you try and get away with crap like that then you have to pay the price so pay up and go on :) And judas your always posting staff never jail people when they bug abuse or when this or that happens. Well now they are. So guys really take blame for what you did pay up and go on

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:53 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I don't like seeing people abuse bugs and break the rules, but in this case people are being punished for things they might have done years ago and forgotten about. Is there a way to check ages of some of those runes? Last time I remember Sherwood being opened to the entire shard was about 3 or 4 years ago...It might have happened again since then, but I'm sure some of those runes are from way back then. What's the statute of limitations here, where's the proof of your timeline for punishment, and (most importantly) why was Sherwood open to the public, and how were we supposed to know it was not intentional?

These are just some things that have me scratching my head on why this system was implemented in this way. There's still the valid point that Judas made...this shard can have every security measure in the world, but if the security pushed away the players, then what good is it???? Ultimately this is a game, and it's (usually) made to be fun. I sometimes wonder if Bobs morbid enough to get his jollies by watching the player base squirm, because there are far better ways to handle this that will cause less problems.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:58 pm 

Quote:
Euro i told you that it was a stat bug and you knew what you were doing and still did it anyway so cant feel sorry for you. I think most knew what they were doing but figured ah bobs comp is f***** he wont bother looking. So cant be pissed at staff. When you try and get away with crap like that then you have to pay the price so pay up and go on :) And judas your always posting staff never jail people when they bug abuse or when this or that happens. Well now they are. So guys really take blame for what you did pay up and go on
I know you warned me, after a moment hunting I figured I would post about it and page about what
was happening....no response whether it was a bug or not so I didnt pay anymore attention to it....

So saying I abused it because I wanted to is incorrect. I paged, staff just didnt want to take the time
and answer them....

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 79 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next