It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 4:15 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:45 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Well i Dont think anyone has posted a topic about how they started playing obsidian. Well basically i want to know how you heard about obsidian and why you started playing i'll start it off...

Well My sister aimee has played it for years and one day when i stopped at her house i seen that she was playing a game. At first i thought damn thats for geeks why she playing that, Then she set me an account up then it all started from their. And here i am now Talking shit in a post :)

Jimmy[Cult]-Pvp Warrior
Tristan[SOS]-Pvm Mage
Cilit Bang-Alchemist
Bruno Novak-Tamer/Fisherman

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:50 pm 

Back in the 8th grade 2 of my good friends (nightmare and pyro) would play obs every single day. I always thought it was for losers but they seemed super into it, i would have to pull them away from the comp at times to go play basketball or do other things so one day i decided to try it and bam here i am 6 yrs later lol

Bezerk-Warrior
Foxy Grey-Blacksmith
Jay-Tamer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 2:55 pm 

Been playing other UO Shards and such and then I got really bored of them. Then my brother told
me about this game, which at the time I thought was a messed up shard, but as you can see...I'm
playing on this shard and I am certainly addicted to it :wink:

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:27 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
damn was it in 7 or 8th grade probably 7th

my cousin introduced me to this online game called coke music or w,e (coca cola big advertising game LOL)
I was getting rich or w.e in it and i met this guy selling coke couches for cheap in game...
gotta make music.. 5-50 DC for every + you get in a room of like 50/ 60 and the couches cost like 5000
so ya... took time... i had like 40 of them LOL

so i met this guy selling them cheap, and he was like f*** this id rather go play obsidian... you guys all know this guy as cokaine...
so i was like whats dat?
he was like, a game,, I FUXX WITT IT, now U FUXX WIT IT!. then gave me the site name.. and blam.. im here lol.
my first account wsa antwarrior.. this is actually my second account lol
but ya..
i introduced people who didn't stay long...
my friend mike. got banned permanatly from game, for arguing with thass, and then writing alot of books and handing them out, on how he did some wicked things with his mom and stuff and stuff with thass's face and stuf
*cough*
anyway
umm
my friend twan.. quit with mike... he was like my of my best friends b4..
and my friend chris. which quit. cuz i killed him and looted him in cove GY for killing other noobs in cove gy.. i didn't know it was him until he told me he quit next day at school LOL. his name was like tamerwoman or something (LOL?)

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 3:45 pm 

Wow I, Mammoth, have been playing this game since maybe 2004 or 05. I was introduced to
this game when I was like 14 (still playing Runescape at the time) and my friend (or whatever
I call him now) Flame introduced me to the game.

Also, I was pretty good friends with Heart (Scud now) and Iceman....so that's how I got started
playing this game

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:07 pm 

This is how I started playing and how outkastz was made :P

Well, I was playing starcraft at the time, first game I ever played on the computer (back in 5th-6th grade), and I met SinFullDead in a game. We both lied about being able to hack other people, and I said I have the most up to date hacks they have (which I lied about, I didn't have shit lol). He said, give me your aim (AOL Instant Messenger). So I gave it to him, then we became friends, then I met Harken (Knight-man if anyone remembers him) in sin's clan channel (clan ou- which stood for Outkastz United). So they added me to the clan. Then I would be in the channel hearing them talk about getting pked by some stupid french guy (Restile I suppose), I had no clue what they were talking about. So one day on AIM I'm talking to sin and he's like, man this game is the shit (I was trying to do something and he was annoying me bragging about this game). He kept saying he had 2 sets of bloodrock armor, 1 set of blackrock, and no one could kill him.

So I finally said, OK, wtf is this game your going off about? He showed me the site, back then I had Windows 98, and around 245 ram or something? Yeh it was horrible, so I downloaded it and here I am 3-4 years later.

So outkastz was really sin's clan on starcraft, and he wanted to bring it over to obs so I made it =) Then he got some chick pregnant at 18 and I have no fkin clue where he is lol.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 21, 2009 4:23 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
ya i miss the poor fucker :( he told me about the girl :(
but ya he owned u lol i r miss pikachu/harken :(

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:10 am 

Well i used to go to my dads with Alan and see my dad playing a game, him and alan used to be chatting about the game and my dad told alan he should download it. Me and alan went home and alan downloaded obsidian and made a account with a miner called alan, he logged on once or twice but couldnt get into it. So i said gimme a go and i will play so i took over alans account. I used to mine and mine and mine in ice mines. Then i started to venture out to vesper and got chatting to ppl and thats when my addiction started hehe.

I used to drive my dad crazy ringing him every 5 mins saying "dad what does LOL mean? what does LMAO mean?" then after afew days i was totally hooked and doing pretty well with the mining (only thing i did know how to do). So one night i got the crazy idea of doing a all nighter and getting good skills to impres my dad. So i mined and mined ad mined, made gorgets and sold them to the vendor in cove to make $$$. with the $$$ i said "vendor train" to EVERY vendor in cove and trained every single skill. I was wishing the time away through the night so i could ring my dad and tell him how well i done, when i did ring him in the morning well lets just say he called me afew names and told me to just delete the char hahahaha.

I remember when he gave me a horse and id ALWAYS forget to feed it so it would leave me, then 5 mins later he would pop up on my screen with another one for me and i used to think he was the god of obsidian getting stuff so easy haha. Once i learnt how to play the game i remember saying to my dad "dad your so tight when it comes to gold, you have millions and all you gave me to start off with was 5K???" typical man :P

I think i then made Aimee and done fishing and then i trained Elektra to 7x GM and 89 resist and she was still able to get in cove (baring in mind i used to play for 12hour+ a day).Then there was a HUGE rollback and Elek went back to a poofing noob but by this time i had joined LoV so i didnt bother retraining i used to just go to vesper bank and fight in the war with destiny and that is where elek got her skills from.

I remember through server status there was a list of most active people over the month and i used to play and play and play just so i could get top of that list every month haha. My dad used to try and compete but he had no chance lol.

I dont remember what chars i made in what order after that but im still here now and still training, we all get sick and bored at some pont but always seem to return.

P.S. Once id learnt how to play obsidian Alan decided to give it another go then i got bombarded with all the questions i once asked my dad. Then i got how do i get this? how do i do that? when Conor and Emma started.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 8:57 am 

How I started here, um...

When I was 13 - in 1998 Ultima Online released T2A (around September/October that year), which I purchased & played for a long time on one of their official shards (which I think was called 'Europa', not 100% sure). Some friends of mine started to leave that shard cos they were to cheap to keep paying for it :P They then moved to a shard hosted in the UK (and as strange as it sounds had so much in common with Obsidian, or at least Obsidian T3A) the name of which I could sadly never remember.

After playing UO for several years, I stopped in the early 2000's when sh*t got busy & when I preferred to play with women & alcohol rather than video games (the downfall of many a hobby!).

Then! Mid-2006, I found my original copy of UO:T2A & the Manual & Map etc & decided to find somewhere to play. At first I opt'd for the Official shards again, but too much had changed & I didn't much like Mondain's Legacy (and the current UO Kingdom Reborn is terrible :? ) & it didn't look right with all the Elven, Ninja & Samurai characters running around - So I started searching for other shards. I after discovering very quickly that Run:UO suck big time, I finally, thankfully & gladly landed here! And you have all had to witness my awesomeness ever since :D

And here I remain, And here I will remain until someone pulls the plug on us :)

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 1:48 pm 

Lets seee i think it was 6 years ago maybe. Was with Pyro at his house and my buddy you all know as Nemo was playing some weird looking game on the computer. Turned out to be Obsidian and I was just watching him play and kill people and stuff and what not and I thought it looked pretty cool. This was back with like 80 people playing online and events were craaaaazyyy! Fun stuff hah. So i got pretty addicted back in the day as a noob, then Bezerk saw me and Pyro playing and joined in so yeah!

PostPosted: Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:04 pm 

I was searching for free Ultima Online because I always liked the old Ultima 1-7, Ultima Martian Dreams, and Ultima Underworld games... but back when UO came out I didn't have a computer or connection good enough to play it. I found the website and immediately signed up but it took me almost 2 months to get my account activated (heh-heh), but once it was I stuck around.

I was drawn to obsidian Obsidian because I always wanted to play Renaissance Age UO.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 2:07 am 

Website: http://www.facebook.com/editbadge.php?bid=2100#/profile.php?id=515737718&ref=profile
Hahaha I made a char to come on and shout at Ross about something lmfao! :oops: How sad!

At 1st I saw My dad play for years then watched my sister get addicted then eventually Conor started playing so I made a account and a fisher who got deleted at some point...Played for 10 mins & Got bored & Didnt play for months...Then i gave it a 2nd chance, I got talking to people and Pie helped me come up with the name Jessy Logan =] Then i started playing & Got addicted, Training none stop in my dads house just outside Cove =] Good times! x

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:11 am 

I started playing on the 2nd anniversary of Obs. A friend of mine introduced me to Obs."Pentical Lord" He showed me his shard creation and told me what things do n such so we made an account for myself...Padawan was my first char. We thought on like many shards you could gm all skills, well that wasn't the case but i kept on w him mining and selling my ingots to a guy named Excaliber. Then my wife started to play and we became good friends w Ex. and Cerberus and the 4 of us started a guild together called "FUN" Friends U Nighted. I remember Urban (Excal.) and myself (Unkuth) after training a bit thought we were tough so we went to Vesper to start shit and well we were shown we weren't shit...lol But I have met alot of great ppl over the yrs and still enjoy playing here.

PostPosted: Wed Sep 23, 2009 3:40 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
I was introduced to obsidian by a cousin of a player called protector or sumit back in like 2003..been here since ^^ :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Sep 24, 2009 3:18 pm 

My uncle actually told me about a game he played called Ultima Online. I had never even heard of UO b4 so i googled it to see what it was. Looked at some trailers and vids and screenies then checked torrents to try and find the game the first one i downloaded was obsidian. Made a char called belgarion at first but made a new one soon after when i attacked a vendor and got killed by guards. I had no idea you could rez so i just waited the week and deleted him. I made another char after that, i forget the name, deleted him too when i learned how to build a char, but b4 i did thati made Balan which at that time i named Beor but the name was changed because they already had a Beor on here. This Xmas it will be 4 years now.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 30 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next