It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 12:16 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 6 posts ]
 Post subject: Basic Updates
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 2:54 pm 
Site Admin

Ok the shard is back to where it should be in terms of time.
Over the next few days we'll be getting the rest of the systems online and working so i can finish up this stupid crafting patch (i'm as sick of waiting for it as you guys are).

Broadband's finishing his move, which is why the server moved (he's back on the west coast now, for those who keep track that means server time is now GMT -9 i believe, instead of GM -7 like it used to be). It's also why things were so weird. But hey we'll see how it goes.

Report on the lag, is it better/worse/same?

As for my life, i'm busy as heck. As i said my freetime's gone down the drain, i'm out of town fully half of any given 2 week period, which is only going to get worse, plus job during the day has been ramping up as well. The good news is once the crafting patch is done, the next 4-5 months of patches are all isolated patches. Meaning that i can work on them with very little freetime, as opposed to the crafting patch which is an integrated patch, and requies at least 1-2 hours of blocked space to do any work on it at all. So patching will actually pick up, maybe not to where it was but at least back to a more usual schedule, once the crafting patch is in.

I again make no promises since i could get a callout to leave town again this weekend, but if we get the rest of the systems setup i might be able to finish the crafting patch and get it in on sunday if i get to stay home.

But yeah, take alook around the shard, tell me how the lag is, and if anything else seems weird since the move. And i still no have reason why we timewarped, me and broadband have been playing phone tag the past few days so i still haven't gotten to talk to him about it. But at least we got it back where it should be.

Post subject: Re: Basic Updates
PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 5:21 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

thx and bet you got more free time than i do rofl no free time sucks hope you get a break soon. working 7 days a week here :(

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:46 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i actually work 5 days a week lolz, but im young i guess, so i can get off do w,e work out cleen chill wit someone then stil play obsi cuz i got energy lolz

OOO and log report, its WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better than b4, BUT it isnt as solid as it could be BUT its to a point where it is really nice to play on and stuff :) i ll go hunting and see if you can hunt with no probs.

so so far-

chill - good
hunt- doable but a bit laggy
craft- lag, but doable (same old lag as usual)
pvp- LAG, cant pvp vrs a warrior at all!, but mage v mage is good and warrior v warrior im guessing will be good seeing lag wont effect warriors as much
but as far as mage v warrior, personally i cant pvp specially when i cant run or heal properly , some people could i guess tho

Last edited by chips LL on Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:33 am, edited 3 times in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 9:05 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Thanks for letting me out of jail Bob, next

The shard seems to be running a lot smoother than before but there is still lag spikes but they are short in duration. Pvp is another story. The lag is crazy and I'm thinking its due to the wall pots being used.

Its great to see the shard back to where it should be, I was really disappointed when I saw all of my hours of training go to waste with the massive rollback but thankfully that was just a fluke. Keep up the good work as always.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:32 am 

Yeah there is only a 1 sec lag spike now compared to a 3 sec one before...WAY better!

And i second chemi on the wall pots...i crash in vesper bank whenever more than 1 or 2 pots get thrown up

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:47 pm 

weee good news FINALLY lol

Iori Yagami - The Old Fisher Of Obsidian
Yashiro - From Old School
Saga - Golden Wizard
Orochi - The Vamp Stoned
The Sorrow - In The Darkness were he belong
[ Merovingian's Dynasty ]

Click here to feed me a Star Fruit!