It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:15 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject: Whats your motivation
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:06 am 

Whats everyones motivation for playing here? I have about 30 minutes to an hour to play obsi per day. In that time i get .01-.02 skill gain in one skill. This is absolutly crazy. It would take me years to GM something. Why does skill gain take so long.

Whats my motivation to stay here and waste years trying to GM a skill, when I can go to another server and GM a skill in a few months. After all the games suppose to be fun. But instead its so annoying.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:22 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
obsidian is made for hard-working players but hm there's no point in sitting b4 the screen macroing one skill for months or years, it should be a lil bit less harsh but thats only imo, i was here for around 4 years and i didnt gm too many skills(the most boring:fishing, mining,bs and necromancy--god that was painful)
i'm not saying thats bad or sumthin but u gotta be really patient which im not anymore, i've stopped fishing(fishing 1 stat fish in 4 hours made me stop it) i've stopped mining(mining rose for months and then just fail)
i was training lockpicking but hmmm its not that worthy as i thought.
When i started playing everything was cool, but then i just got bored its simply as it is
maybe i only lost my motiviation somwhere.
and btw im curious what would u say coder if u would try to train necromancy(0.1-0.3 gains a day wow!)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:00 am 

Quote:
and btw im curious what would u say coder if u would try to train necromancy(0.1-0.3 gains a day wow!)
Umm... I would say Alt+F4. Start>Programs>Obsidian Shard>Uninstall

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 7:39 am 

well.. then it's your problem... what are you gaining from saying that? to me you sound like a lazy bum

Vlad Smithy [GM Smith, GM Miner]
Lars Turms [GM Alchemist, GM Tamer]

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:05 am 

Obsidian has never been a shard for those looking for instant gratification. Other shards you can afk macro a gm fisher overnight and then what become a millionare, buy 3 houses and hang out. Maybe kill a cpl of monsters or PvP with an expensive armour cuz you can afk another 1 tomorrow if you lose it. Obs has a unique economy because of the time it takes to GM skills like fishing and mining/smithing. The PvM and PVP scene is unique because of the time and resources it takes to train a fighter char. If you could train a kick ass warrior/mage in like an hour or w/e then be killing the toughest monster on the shard a 1/2 hour later whats the point of that? In the end it is worth it, I have trained all 5 of my chars now and the least of them(my tamer) is 3 x GM soon to be 4.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:09 am 

u r wrong belgarion, but whatever :P
anyway if i gotta be honest there is no economy here...hard to trade with 15-20ppl :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:24 am 

Quote:
u r wrong belgarion, but whatever :P
anyway if i gotta be honest there is no economy here...hard to trade with 15-20ppl :P
I have about 2.5 mill in my bank account so there has to be some kind of economy here. There are also ppl on here that have more than that. There is money on my vendor everyday when i go there so some one is buying it. :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:30 am 

ok belg lets just leave this as it is, i dont want to blame shard or any1 or start a flame war ;) we think different and i wont change my mind, u wont change urs so this is a dead end :P

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 8:51 am 

Unlike you emos that sit on your ass and play UO all day. I have a family and a job. I can't play Obsi for 12 hours. I get a half hour to an hour a day to play. Its not being lazy you dumb f***. Its called a life. Try it out sometime you will like it.

If I played for 12 hours a day I could GM anythihng also. But you people still have not told me your motivation. You just attacked me. So tell me why you waste your whole life playing a game.

It would take over 1000 hours to GM a skill to 100. Is that not just f****** out right stupid!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:09 am 

Quote:
Obsidian has never been a shard for those looking for instant gratification. Other shards you can afk macro a gm fisher overnight and then what become a millionare, buy 3 houses and hang out. Maybe kill a cpl of monsters or PvP with an expensive armour cuz you can afk another 1 tomorrow if you lose it. Obs has a unique economy because of the time it takes to GM skills like fishing and mining/smithing. The PvM and PVP scene is unique because of the time and resources it takes to train a fighter char. If you could train a kick ass warrior/mage in like an hour or w/e then be killing the toughest monster on the shard a 1/2 hour later whats the point of that? In the end it is worth it, I have trained all 5 of my chars now and the least of them(my tamer) is 3 x GM soon to be 4.
btw there is no pvp scene here belg..if u think pvp here is amazing cos of time u r wrong m8 cos if u go hunt/pvp u always take shitty staff that u can afford to lose it, have u ever took a valo/rose set vanq ba of lighting to hunt/pvp?? no! u only use em at events..so whats the point?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:23 am 

Quote:
Unlike you emos that sit on your ass and play UO all day. I have a family and a job. I can't play Obsi for 12 hours. I get a half hour to an hour a day to play. Its not being lazy you dumb f***. Its called a life. Try it out sometime you will like it.

If I played for 12 hours a day I could GM anythihng also. But you people still have not told me your motivation. You just attacked me. So tell me why you waste your whole life playing a game.

It would take over 1000 hours to GM a skill to 100. Is that not just f****** out right stupid!!!!
I have a family and a job as well. And i can't play 12 hours a day either, I never attacked you at all, I just said obs is what it is you are either going to love it or you are not going to like it at all. I wouldn't say that taking a long time to Gm a skill is out right stupid but if you feel that strongly about it maybe obs isn't the right game for you.

And you're right Thorfin there isn't much of a PvP scene right now. And i don't ever use my warrior for much nowadays anyway. When I PvP it is with my PvP mage and when i PvM it's with that mage. So i don't ever carry weapons of any kind on me, and myth sets are cheap as hell anyway.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:31 am 

my motivation is killing all ennemy :) forever

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:43 am 

Quote:
Quote:

I have a family and a job as well. And i can't play 12 hours a day either, I never attacked you at all, I just said obs is what it is you are either going to love it or you are not going to like it at all. I wouldn't say that taking a long time to Gm a skill is out right stupid but if you feel that strongly about it maybe obs isn't the right game for you.

And you're right Thorfin there isn't much of a PvP scene right now. And i don't ever use my warrior for much nowadays anyway. When I PvP it is with my PvP mage and when i PvM it's with that mage. So i don't ever carry weapons of any kind on me, and myth sets are cheap as hell anyway.
Maybe your right. but I think i'll not give up yet. I allways hated shards that let you GM everything in one day. And now I'm bitching its to hard. I'm just being rude I guess. I was a little agravated at the time of this post.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:43 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

My motivation, is that i have played uo since 1995, You think our skill gain is slow try playin old skool osi. I like a shard with slow skill gain, cause when you get to that point, or that armor, or whatever, it is much sweeter. Ya i could go play runuo and in 2 months have every skill gmed, 100 mil, and every item. You will get bored fast. I also like sphere servers, and obs is one of the most stable sphere style shards out there.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:16 am 

it doesnt take that long to get trained if you know what youre doing.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 5   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 Next