It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 12:43 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
 Post subject: 2/5/04 Patch
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:28 pm 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
  • [--New Features--]
  • Potions Now Stack - The majority of the new potions now stack inside your pack making it easier to manage your items.
  • Potion Delay - There is now a 12 second delay between uses of potions. This will help prevent players from taking advantage of overly easy healing.
  • Alchemy Upgraded - The alchemist can now make 25 total potions. We have also included Forgetful, Stumble, and Weakness. When drank a player will lose 1 stat depending on the potion. Making these requires hard to find reagents and over 95% skill.
  • 130 Poison Weapons Added - Over 130 new weapon variants have been added that have the possibility of poisoning your enemy on contact. The better the weapon the more deadly the poison.
  • New Account Center - The new account center on the website allows you complete control of your account. You may change your password, change your email, find a lost password or view a status of your account and characters.
  • New Login Server - A dedicated computer has been setup for the sole purpose of handling logging in to the shard. With this in place there should no longer be repeatedly failed attempts at getting ingame.

[--Balancing Changes--]
  • Healing Balanced - We have decided to revert back to the old non-stamina healing system for you guys however we have modified it now. Healing now has a delay between uses. Since the higher your skill the more you heal and the less you fail the delay is based off your skill level. The higher your healing skill the longer the delay between uses. Also your knowledge in anatomy will lower the amount of delay as well.
  • Poisoning Fixed - You can no longer apply poisons to weapons. Instead the poison potions are throwable like explosion potions and will make your target sick. There are 3 types of them: Poison, Lesser Poison and Greater Poison.
  • Poison Spell Redone - The spell poison and poison field are now completely different and use the new poisoning system. The higher your magery the more deadly the poison on your target.
  • Chaos/Order Shields - Chaos and Order Shields can now only be equipped if your guild is aligned properly. Eg. Order can wear Order Shields and Chaos can wear Chaos.
  • Rare Weapon Drop Rate - The chance of a magical weapon being a rare has been lowered from 40% to 28%
  • Magic Wep Color Change - All non-rare weapons when identified will no longer be a grey/purpleish hue. Now all identified magical weapons that are not rare will be their standard color.
  • Server Limit Increased - The server will now allow a maximum of 125 players online at once. Lets see if we hit that.

[--Bug Fixes--]
  • Exploits Fixed - Over 8 exploits that players could use to easily gain skill or take advantage of the system illegally have been patched up.
We are still working on some bigger things such as Necromancy, upgrading and fixing the housing system, evaluating and updating the jailing system, and working on another NPC AI patch. Just wanted to get this one out because the bugfixes are important.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:33 pm 
im here to tell you now the healing is worse now. stamina lose was fine we could drinkpotions and keep up with fs. It took something for us to heal i got that fine. because a mage uses mana to heal and such. well they have potions and meditate to restore that and they can do that a hell of aot faster than we can heal with this delay.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:34 pm 
We love you BB (and the other that bb won't credit)
h?h

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 6:59 pm 

Wow Broadband thanks again for all your hard work! Your the man! I'm not exactly sure about the new way healing works, but I think i'll give it a try before i decide to complain about it. Thanks again!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:04 pm 
Site Admin

Quote:
im here to tell you now the healing is worse now. stamina lose was fine we could drinkpotions and keep up with fs. It took something for us to heal i got that fine. because a mage uses mana to heal and such. well they have potions and meditate to restore that and they can do that a hell of aot faster than we can heal with this delay.
You need to learn to read EVERYTHING before posting. All potions that you drink have delays on them. Specifically healing, stamina and mana potions. The reason for this is potions were NEVER intended to offer limitless health, stamina or mana if you had the cash to carry 100 of them with you. Warriors are supposed to rely on healing to regain health and mages meditate to regain mana. Potions are very useful when you need that extra few hitpoints, but they were never intended to be used the way players took advantage of them.

Additionally the meditate skill has had a delay on it for as long as i can remember and the mages seem to do a pretty good job reviving their mana. It'll be the same for warriors. But i understand how much you hate change.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:04 pm 
really BB, the delay should be tweaked....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:15 pm 
Site Admin

Delays are always tweaked so chill pill yo man fu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:23 pm 
i did read it all. it doesnt matter they can cast heal how many times in a row. which doesnt matter. ithey canfs alot too. and all they need is one potion.
that doesnt include mana bamp and meditation
yes they can do all that shit before i can heal 2 times. they delay is shitty for warriors once again. they fs me to death before i get a heal in. and the one heal doesnt even garantee ill get a good heal its still random. i can heal 2 hits or 30. all mage has to do is fs me to death wwithout a chance for me. but lets say they run out of that reg they can still heal my hits as much as they have regs of that. its all the same. mages are superior once again.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:25 pm 
A mage heal will fizzle if the warrior hits him.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 7:47 pm 
thats if i ever get to hit him.

and whats even better is that newbs wont care cause they have beserk and nature healing them while i have posted many times and still nthing have no suh race ability. thats great huih.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:21 pm 
As far as i know, the healing skill sucked before anyways. Id use like 35 bandages up, and i have like 80% healing, and nothing. Id keep failing and when i finally did suceed, id only heal like 20 hp. So id rather have a 10 sec delay than waste 30 of my bandies and 2 mins of time. I think the new system is fine. You guys are bitching too much. You'd think some people would be a bit more grateful for someone's hard work...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 8:53 pm 
*take a chill pill*

those are fighting words in my block. anytime, ok?????

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:10 pm 
healing was fin ebefore this delay... atkeast i could duel a mage now any warrior is boned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:42 pm 

UHM, i have no idea wut is up with meditation but when i go to use it, it says that i have to wait to heal, and it wont let me meditate again for like 20 seconds, and i'm not exagerating, its 20 seconds..or even more, and i dont know bout u guys but its even hard with a 4 second delya, and wuts up with the healing thing, it says i have to wait to heal again...i didn't heal, i think something was messed up when fixing healing, u guys should take a look at this quick!

Cleetus - GM tailor
Xzero - GM fisherman

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 9:44 pm 
yea look at all my posts im speakin for all the warriors that have said somethin to me about it. so if you think its just me youre wrong im just the one willing to go down for this. The delay sucks for all. I cant even train healing now. I want to be able to res people to hep them out on hunts or what not and now i cant do shit cuase of a delay......

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 36 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next