It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:25 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 76 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next
 Post subject: Strange creature
PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2005 4:50 pm 
Today we were chillin at pk bridge like pkers do and this strange creature comes to us. It spoke some kinda language but as time passed we started to understand a few of the words it was speaking as it understood a few of our own words. This creature clearly looks troubled and lost. We searched for answers as to know what the creature was and what language it spoke and we came up with the creature being an Ophidian Knight. The language could be runish. Can't be sure.

I call upon the Paladins of Obsidian to lead us at to what the creature is and what it wants/needs. It was in no way harmfull and its camouflage skillls were incredible. Not only did it move silently through the trees but it also was able to completely hide itself from our vision.

Restile came while we were still trying to figure the creature out and we had to deal with him. After him and Metal were slain the creature had vanished and has not yet come back. Before we can find it again we would do well to become more knowlegable of its purpose here.

If Thassius could summon the paladdins on this one it would be great.

Last edited by NatureWarrior on Mon Aug 01, 2005 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:49 am 

Sir Thomas is intrigued by this turn of events...I am not sure if it is an issue for the paladins, though - we shall see.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:47 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I just hope that more of them ophidians dont turn up, specially the mages...the pwn on OSI, gotta have a slayer weapon really and the chivalry skill for enemy of one :(

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 8:24 am 

Haha - I remember people talking to this thing at the bank. Sure has some nice words to say :P

Looks like a bit of fun

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 1:43 pm 
After long hours spent with the creature, me and a few Destiny have learnt to communicate with it. I started to decode its language along with few others and we now know its purpose. When we first met the creature that I will now call Sserp, he was red and also very scared. He hid most of the time. Now hes gotten used to us mages and he even started understanding our language.

In any case, the creature is in search of shadow monsters and killing the shadow seems to give it more power. I have a feeling Sser became blue from the shadows he's killed so far. The main struggle we had was to understand each other but now that we do we will try to feed it the shadow creatures he is looking for.

We have helped Sserp find a camp spot and now that he is settled down it is asking us to lead it to shadow monsters from witch he steals power or shadow essence. Sserp also rewarded a few of us with special scaled he has collected from his own body. We now hold 3 of his scales but they are still seperated and we don't know their use yet. I have a feeling that he will give us the clues we need to find out his greater purpose on this land. I mean surely he didn't pop out for no other reason other than to destroy the shadows.

In any case I ask all of you who hunt frequently to find and report any shadow monsters you find down in dongeons or graveyards. From then we will guide Sser to them and have him slay them. That way his true purpose will maybe be revealed to us.

This might be a bigger quest than it looks people. If anyone finds shadow monsters please post about it here and we will find Sser and lead him to the shadow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 2:40 pm 
I seen a shadow on Ice Isle, near the South Eastern Tip of the island.

Not sure if it's there now, it was a few days ago.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 3:30 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
why is alladin doin this instead of staff, its kinda hard to get into , oh wait impossible...

i aint sayin this to be a dick laddy but would you be into something if i posted it? prbly not right. think about it.

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:20 pm 

Just enjoy it for what it is man. Who cares where it came from?

BTW, there is a shadow lava serp in Hyloth Lvl1..at least it was there a few days ago. It might be gone now.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:42 pm 
Staff

Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
From what I'm reading here sounds like Aladdin was the first person who actually took the time to start communicating with Sserp instead of just calling guards in town or attacking it like an asshole. Be happy someone's reporting events. With big events like this we like it when the players post stuff instead of staff. That way we don't leak info. Look back when I first returned to Obs as a player back in 04. I was posting TONS of infoz about he dark elf quest. Good to see players posting infoz about the shadows too. This all just sounds too cool.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:51 pm 

I wanna help Sserp.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 4:57 pm 
where is he now? is he hostile to unknown faces?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:32 pm 
Not at all, like I said Sserp got used to humans. He can be killed but I do not suggest you harm him. The shadows have given him some powers nthat he did not have before. He can regenerate and you dont want him to get on your case. His bardiche swings are pretty powerfull too. In any case he's a very nice Ophidian Knight. Of course he will need to get used to you before he considers you a friend or even a Knight as he seems to call me now. Be friendly to him and he will be friendly to you. Maybe even give you one of his precious scales.

For those who would like to find him and maybe get to know him better you could try going to the tunnel passage between Covetous level 2 and Covetous level 3. The runecode above will take you to the entrance to level 2. His tent is in that passage near the entrance to level 3.

Right now all he wants from players is help to find shadow creatures.. and sometimes a little food when he points to his mouth :wink:

While you get there take a look at the great new spawns Cyber Vic gave us for Covetous - The new giants dongeon. Those who seek Exe Caps, seek no longer. Go to covetous!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:46 pm 

why telling me to enjoy it for what it is.....??
we didnt know anything but that alladin had fun and got a scale before he told where it was lol. which was after my post. it does sound like fun, and now we have somthing to look for besides random shadows so thats good.. and thx for doin this kinda stuff laddy. :)

oh and thx for doin covetous vic i been watching and waiting :)

also shadows dissapear after a while automatically so they wont be there for long after if we post so.....

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Last edited by Dracula on Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 5:52 pm 

Nice Job, NatureWarrior. Can't wait to get ingame and help out!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 02, 2005 6:28 pm 
Sserp came to vesper bank today. all i managed to find out from him is that he can barely understand our language and that he wanted to find aladdin or clementine. nek means no, right? it could be helpful if someone posted what he could decipher of sserp's language, so we could have a basic conversation guide, make communication smoother.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 6   [ 76 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 4 5 6 Next