Bot Check: GAMER
yup i wish i could go back to then...

I would hunt there 24/7

Post subject: Re: Weapon Drops
PostPosted: Thu Nov 18, 2010 8:06 pm 

Quote:
Gonna throw this out there:
Why not just get rid of magic weapons entirely?
This allows people to have a "goal" to work towards (one of many, bear with me) even when they've hit end-game.
It also adds some interesting elements to pvp as you'll have people confident enough to use their vanqs, as will the people who go after them.
under the current system I don't think you will ever see someone confident enough to use the high end weapons.. id even go as far to say that most ppl you will find will be to scared to use their better magical power stuff..

under the old system of me around the clock raping the ettin lord spawns for prolly at least 12 hours a day did i end up with what i felt left me comfortable enough to use what i had. you were basicly looking at maybe one good drop a week even killing them around the clock..

the system now makes it so hard to gain a magical weapon of decent quality it has put a rarity on what should be balanced in the first place..

this is the only reason i suggested the craft-able weps take their place.. ud still have economy.. and some better than others.. obviously a rose axe would be... or black rock spear would be a decently expensive item..

the beauty is tho.. is that you create a "control" and balancing pvp on the basis of these weapons to me is the most logical solution..

other wise you have 2 choices keep the wep drops and balance pvp based on mid end weps.. or base them on the best possible weps.... each is flawed.. because if u base it off the best possible weps u gimp the chars using them.. and if u balance based off mid dmg weps... well then the ppl that possibly did have the top end weps would be at an unfair advantage..

this is just my opinion.. but anything that deals damage should not be considered a rarity.. well on a shard that involves pvp ne ways...

there is nothing wrong with having a good value on the best possible weps.. but they should be able to be obtained by anyone with money or the will to train there own smith

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:49 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
Quote:
other wise you have 2 choices keep the wep drops and balance pvp based on mid end weps.. or base them on the best possible weps.... each is flawed.. because if u base it off the best possible weps u gimp the chars using them.. and if u balance based off mid dmg weps... well then the ppl that possibly did have the top end weps would be at an unfair advantage..
i couldn't agree more, and i think thats what happened/ is happening now, the vanq weps are way over powered, and not even fun to obtain...
the old system was better.....
but no matter, regular weps are even powerfull now :/

PostPosted: Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:57 pm 

If you make vanqs too hard to get noone is going to use them for anything so you will still end up with alot of them because people still have lots from before just now they will never be used. I used to use vanqs all the time because if i broke it or lost it i could go and get another one somewhat easily. Now i would't even take them out of my bank.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 2:28 am 

well i think that either smiths should have full involvement in weapons..

or..

you need a system that everything has a change to have a drop.. like a 5% chance..
so like.. now anything that you kill has a chance to drop any possible type of weapon.. from ruin to vanq..
but.. would be like this

50% chance to be +5
30% chance to be +7
20% chance to be +9
(an eliminate the +3 and +1 weps all togaher)

so like if u killed say 100 skellys you would possibly have 5 drops.. and one of those would be a vanq..
now this may seem a bit much.. but think about it.. now that vanq drop could be any wep.. now factor in the chance of it being something worth while.. and then factor in the chance of it actually being something magical that is useful.. odds are pretty slim still you will get what you are looking for... however.. this would get magical weps flowing.. I am against the current boss based wep drop system

maybe have bosses still drop weapons but be guaranteed power or vanqs.. and with a better chance of them being magical

i think this would be better but i am still quite fond of the idea of making smiths be the key to weapons.. eliminating wep drops and replacing them with other things.. like magical cloths or jewelry.. a
like.. "ring of daylight" (always light)... "cap of greed" (15% more gold drops from monsters) ect ect.. this would still keep hunting interesting but at the same time make weapons be constantly acquirable and make balancing out pvp much less complex... as well as strengthen the economy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:37 am 

im in favor of the boss system for high end weapons.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 9:44 am 

i think it should be that system, but only with bosses , not skeles lmao

maybe all the others 1-5 on lower monsters 3-7 on mid range monsters and 5-9 on bosses

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 11:55 am 

i was using skellys as an example but yes.. in terms of drops i was considering all monsters equal.. (above a certain point.. obviously slimes should not have drops.. ect ect..)
however bigger the foe.. higher the chance for that drop to be magical... also there is really no point in +1 or +3 weps and they do nothing but clutter the shard and should be removed..
the rarity of the item is balanced in its percentage.. first you have only a 5% chance of getting a drop.. then you only have a 20% chance of it being a vanq.. to me anything you kill with those odds is fair enough.. what you kill should be based on another percentage.. involving chance of it being magical.. like say.. boss be 100% golem be 75% or something.. the numbers are just examples.. but u get my point..

also.. the current luck based system was a wonderful idea but from what i have seen its a flop.. was worth a shot tho.. problem is when your luck gets to a certain point... the first small thing u accidentally kill ruins ur luck rating..
hence.. u create a system where ppl have particular builds to rush the dungeon.. straight to the boss.. and use specific means to kill the boss then bail..

but again this is only my attempt to bandaid the current system.. i am still more in favor of eliminating them all together.. crafters should take there place

im not saying boss's should not carry a reward.. but i don't think weapons are the answer
however there is endless possibilities of things you could have them drop instead..

Last edited by adam_c on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:00 pm 

i agree that all magic weps should be removed also, but i doubt it will ever happen so that system is better LOL

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:03 pm 

I strongly disagree with the removal of ruin and might weapons.

I know that not a lot of people use them during PvP matches, but I consider those weapons one of the best things to use when hunting or training a warrior character (or a ranger in this new system). The idea of removing those two weapons levels would only decrease the chances of getting the others to balance the removal of the others (and don't say it wouldn't because that would be a alternative to removing +1 & +3 weapons).

Yes they are pointless in battle.
Yes they clutter up banks and houses (unless they are magical).

But the point is that those weapons have always been the ideal choice for hunting/training.

Some may use them in PvP battles, but I only really see +5 and above in PvP battles usually (well, not in this current system).

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:12 pm 

ever use gm smith crafted weapons?? thats what i always hunted with....
if you saying that not only should drops be the basis for all weapons involving pvp.. but also that there use (+1 and +3) is required to gain the drops in the first place.. then what the hell is the point of smiths being able to craft weapons.. why not just remove the ability from them and let them only make armor? :/ yea..

Last edited by adam_c on Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:26 pm 

Why make so many stupid and unnecessary changes that are not needed.

Crafters in t3a were able to create weapons, but never did people complain about magical weapons.

Now your trying to change that and destroy all weapons so that crafters have a purpose? Where was this purpose back in t3a? It was there, but no one complained about it until now.

Honestly if magical weapons are destroyed because you believe that crafters have no purpose on this shard at the moment, than I might as well stop playing altogether because that would be my breaking point.

Lets not break weapons, but fix/tweak their drops a bit, nothing else.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:30 pm 

it is a harsh change, but it can affect everything for the better. and give crafters more use.....

or like you said.... just balance the magic weps lol

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:37 pm 

WTF are we gonna hunt if your plan of eliminating magical weapons, regs?

I rather see a little tweaking in the drops of weapons than have crafters be the main use for them. Crafters made weapons and made them as strong as they could with the given ore (iron). Now they are able to craft weapons up to Blood Rock, which I don't see a problem. Now if crafters become the main source for weapons than are you suggesting that crafters have a chance to create magical weapons? STUPID!

Don't screw with this system even more because you will see it won't be to your liking and you once again will bitch and moan to have the damn weapons be brought back into the gain via hunting.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 20, 2010 12:39 pm 

omg ..i hate the idea of losing magical weps.

1)it is a unique part of obs

2)if they are soo hard to get ...how is all the pvpers using them? yeah theere are old ones from t3a, but those are really only power t4a.

3)the system is set up for ppl that do hunt alot, get decent weps. if your not hunting, then you dont get squat, so then you have to buy the ones that the hunters might sell ...its part of the ecomomy.

4)if you put the time in to get those weps that are rare(vanqs), and you go pvp someone that just got a power of lighning and you have your new vanq of lightning....you now are BADASS becuase you can do UP TO 2 whole points of damage more? and that all depends how your armor is and your resist against lightning.

i just dont agree with your logic. no offence.

and i agree somewhat with no sympathy...what could you replace it with that would not completely SCREW hunters?

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 41 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next