It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:15 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 10 of 12   [ 167 posts ]
Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next
PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 5:08 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
And a new in-game Seer. Kraken was promoted.
Quote:
Yes. A great honor. PVP events going on right now.
Congratulations Kraken! :)

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 7:19 am 

Quote:
Looks like new player registration and server status are fixed.
Nice now just fix the changes you made and we good to go!
By changes you made I mean the Polymorph crap. Rebalance Necro (Since you made it so there spells can be resisted and never changes anything to rebalance for that). Make a quest guide (Atleast what location to start a quest and what quests are out) Make a Skills Guide (Like cybervics to many secrets in obsidian it's not fun) Re-Add donator portal and set up a new donation system so people can gain donor status as well. Have Echo stop removing so many random things from game and never re-adding them back (Such as entrances to Nujlem and donater portal and Scorpion Island and more.) Also have Echo finish his projects and not have them started aka blocking empty areas for nothing. Add Voting stone linked to several websites such as top200 and others.

Most important thing is polymorph tho and adding a voting stone so players vote and shard atleast gets a little publicity.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 20, 2014 9:07 am 

Spell Changes:
--Dispel has been increased in damage to polymorphed characters, from (25-50) before resist to 55-105.

I like the idea's of poly characters getting into the mix. Adds that much more diversity, but they were obviously overpowered. If this change isn't enough just give them some sort of nerf against players but not monsters.
Like less damage to players, or much more missing, really doesn't matter much what it is.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:19 am 

Quote:
Spell Changes:
--Dispel has been increased in damage to polymorphed characters, from (25-50) before resist to 55-105.

I like the idea's of poly characters getting into the mix. Adds that much more diversity, but they were obviously overpowered. If this change isn't enough just give them some sort of nerf against players but not monsters.
Like less damage to players, or much more missing, really doesn't matter much what it is.

Only nerfs them to mages. Still are tearing warriors a new one. But its always been like that :P

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:35 am 

thats why I am so upset about the polymorph change cause I had gotten magery on my warrior just so I could use a scroll to despell but now that dont even work.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:49 am 

Well I think some testing is in order before anyone can voice an opinion about its current state.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 24, 2014 3:12 pm 

nice work Bob.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:27 pm 

Yes thank you bob. Whatever work you do on the shard is appreciated.

People need to think about this for a minute.

Are you here because of the community? Or are you here because of the specific server mechanics you remember having fun with?

#1 If you are here because of the mechanics, well, why not just find another place that fits your wishes, and stop coming here hoping for something that will probably never happen.

#2 If you are here because of the community, which I am, then why hold back playing because of how the server is set up at the moment, knowing full well if we had people play testing and giving feedback, the game would be changed in ways you would wish as long as others agree.. I helped do testing for the changes they made to polymorph, and I can tell you there was no bias. We were simply told to fight in different ways while Bob watched to see how things played out and we gave small opinions on things.

Things will NEVER change back to how you like them if you and those like-minded players aren't around do help do the testing and prove your ideas can work to yes, BOB. And showing gratitude for his effort (doesn't have to be for the outcome) but for the effort Bob has put in, will motivate him to use what spare time he has for building up this game we loved and still love and that we all know we can love again just as much.

If your answer is that "I want to play with my friends, and they say they won't play until it's changed back how they like it". Well sirs and madame's THAT IS DOWNRIGHT RETARDED. If that is the case then they are here for reason #1 and my statement to that position applies.

(If someone can logically explain to me why the following is not what would be guaranteed to happen then I will give in and agree with the statements made by Apoc and others..) : If Apoc and those like him, all of those like him, were to come back and play on the server (say, on the day Bob suggested that you get on) and all of you gave him the same opinion you express here fervently, he would start changing the shard to your liking. Because he wants people to play, he wants numbers, and to see people enjoying his work, this in my mind is fact and the logical progression)

The thing is you all quit at different times for different reasons, while we who stayed through everything, (well everything except 0 players on, and some staying through that) well we who stayed are the less demanding players, who can have fun however the server is as long as there are others to play with.

So we aren't the type to fight you over changes you wish to propose. We will likely support trying things out whatever we feel about them in an attempt to bring back players.

So BoB please take this into consideration, Apoc you as well. I wish you two would speak to each other, in PM's or have a chat, and put things on the table.

I have been holding back for a couple years now, due to request by the admins, promoting the shard and building out player numbers. I can do this at any time. I can get our numbers up to playable levels in about a month. This will bring back certain older players as well.

Bob just let me know you're ready for it and I will take charge of populating obsidian. I did it before when I was Kuka, the last time we had a numbers surge it was because of my hard work.

I've explained before why it crashed again, and it was my immaturity along with unfortunate circumstances which caused us to lose our flow of new players. I am very well over that now and hope to prove myself to the shard and to the admins once again. The point is that the shard wouldn't have declined like it did except by my efforts to hurt it, and it can be as active as it was, 20-30 avg players on at any given time.

It would be best for an admin to do this as it gives me again full control over the shard's future, but I don't see that happening so I am willing to take on the responsibility again. It takes a lot of time and effort in many ways to get it back to where we want it but I will put in that work if there are players here that wish it and Bob agrees it's time.

Bob, could you PM me sometime when you are free, so that we can begin a discussion about the shard and what needs to happen. I have things I can only discuss with you and not in public forums. I would also like to speak with Echo if he is still around, I would need his input on some things for sure.

Thanks again Bob for trying. And thanks those of you who are still around and care about the shard, however you show it. Showing love for the history and players is helpful and appreciated, though showing love for the GM is even more important. Let go of some ego and use your empathic nature as a human being.

Realize that BB loved this place, until he no longer felt loved by it, and handed it to Bob, someone who could not possibly love it as much as BB did as he did not create it. Now Bob has put effort into making it his own and the same is happening to him. Understand that if you push Bob away and another person takes over they will be even more easily put off by the players hate as they will have even less invested in the shard. You Have To Understand That.

Apoc you seem the most vocal and invested in what your idea of the shard is. You are also the loudest voice of negativity towards Bob. Please for the shard's sake, out of respect for what it was at least, try to be constructive and not discourage further those who we need to motivate to work on the shard.

Eshmaki

http://www.youtube.com/user/IloveJesusY ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Fri Apr 25, 2014 10:54 pm 

Apparently you haven't read this whole thread, I've suggested numerous times on how to move the server forward, I will speak whatever the hell I want, be it negative or not. If your panties get in a bunch because of what I say, simply scroll past my name, it's as easy as that.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:25 am 

I read the entire thing man. I read all your suggestions. I suggest stating them directly to Bob and letting him respond directly to you. In private, where you can be away from the eyes of the whole shard, which affects how you treat each other.

I'm suggesting a back and forth.

I can't recall all your suggestions, if there were more than one. But I recall these two...

#1 Get rid of Bob.
#2 Get rid of everything Bob did.

If I'm wrong correct me and if you actually care then discuss it. With him preferably. But at least with me, someone else who gives a shit.

I don't think you and I have any beef Apoc. from the game or forums or anywhere else. Let's work together here so we both gain. I've gotten over worse tensions with as pr more stubborn people than you, namely ashes. He and I did nothing but hate each other for a long long long time. But then we helped get the shard moving again, and became friends. And the last big quest had us teaming up together and was one of the funnest times I've ever had on the shard in the many years I've played.

Also I'm In Game at Vesper Bank If You Wanna PVP Apoc!

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:42 am 

Lol scroll past my shit king wasabi, no ones telling you to read anything i post, f*****

ps. i edited my post just to add "f.aggot" at the end

PostPosted: Sat Apr 26, 2014 1:51 am 

Quote:
Also I'm In Game at Vesper Bank If You Wanna PVP Apoc!

I win.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 1:47 pm 

I'm here for the game "mechanics", not the community. Obviously the game is way more fun to play if there are other players online, I just personally don't care who they are. Everyone seems to insist the game is so far removed from what it used to be, well that's a load of shit. It's different, sure, but not by much. A few things make a big difference though. 90% of it is either the same or better. There are some things, but very few, that are worse. Crafting (therefore the game) as a whole is way less tedious. I'm glad I don't have to sort my NS into piles of 2 so I can make lesser potions anymore. I just click *make 50* and that's all I have to do. Now any random character cant drop 10 bears on me and say game over. Now mages cant wall a warrior in and just stand still and destroy a warrior.
Archers have to restart their entire attack sequence every time they move, that's one thing that's changed that sucks. They used to be able to run, stop, immediately shoot and continue running (if timed correctly). But that's easily changed with player approval.

I play this game because its fun, and i'll continue to until its gone. No other reason. If and when the time comes for more patches to come, i'll gladly count off the things that are different from T3A that should be changed, and new ideas as well. But yeah, bickering will get you nowhere except a pissed off/disinterested GM, and that doesn't help the game at all.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 3:31 pm 

bickering isn't what makes the gm's disinterested. They are still very well interested in the game, however they are just like players they see no need and have no motivation to get on if there are no players on as well. Also ya the game mechanics are practically the same except a few major changes such as pvm's being made the best in pvm sector and the pvp sector which makes no sense. Also the weapon system took a huge toll on warriors not being able to have decent weapons from hunting to use for pvp. Warriors are OP with the right weapon now they are probably matched up to a pvm however to find a weapon to use takes weeks and for pvm takes 5 seconds to go to a reg shop.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 27, 2014 4:23 pm 

Yup, PvM mage being the best made no sense, however now it has been changed. I still stand by my statement (even before dispel dmg was doubled) that my non-pollied mage could handle a poly. Most people I see use a mage don't have any good strategy, just spam 1 or 2 spells and poison. I haven't had the chance to fight anyone since the newest change but im SURE that now it would be easy. I do like the idea of a poly mage being an option for PvP, they do have big drawbacks to counter their super high strength, such as super slow bandage healing and meditation, and the inability to use a horse, and armor (if you're a daemon).

Mages need to not fizzle so much when they're hit.

I totally agree about the weapons though.. I would REALLY rather get a force wep than 2 ruins and a might... makes no sense. The best thing for weps right now is practically to just farm the GY for ruin weps and pray for a lightning. Why are people getting 200-300 luck trying to get a power or vanq from bosses? A golem shouldn't drop might weps very often. And stronger monsters should have a higher drop rate than weaker ones, not the other way around.
And for the record, my opinion, and I think others will agree, either completely remove armor drops, or make them magic, OR make them somehow upgradeable with monster drops, or gems, or even temporary enchantment.
Also, in my opinion, a warrior with a super weapon should be kind of overpowered, since a super weapon breaks with use, and is highly sought after. Warriors lose much more when they are looted. Mages have the upper hand generally against an average equipped warrior (i.e. agapite armor and a force weapon) maybe we could add a monster drop for mages, like a magic wizard hat or earrings or a necklace or something to use that would wear out with time, as with weapons, that would add only a very small damage or speed increase for spells.

And I didn't say bickering was why people didn't play, just that it doesn't help any.

And on a final note, when making ANY changes to the game, PvP especially, start with SMALL changes and SLOWLY increase to see results. Do not make a huge change all at once. If you want to increase flamestrike damage (which it should be IMO, used to be better) then do it like 1-2 damage at a time, not 10. That's why the poly change met such resistance, because it was so extreme, I think if it was made the way it is now from the get-go, things would have went a lot smoother.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 10 of 12   [ 167 posts ]
Go to page Previous 18 9 10 11 12 Next