It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 2:41 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 3 of 12   [ 167 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 512 Next
PostPosted: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:13 pm 

I think a new start for all would be good I see what tax is saying but if some vet rewards were given I don't think it would be so hard on everyone but w/e is decided I think should be done in some kinda of time frame instead of waiting years to come up with something

PostPosted: Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:21 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
We as a community would have to put in the work to make the new shard popular ...there are certain servers that just started a few months ago and are seeing thousands of users daily...They had heavy promotion though with youtube, twitter, people posting it in any forum related to gaming etc.... before they launched. So they had a player base built up even before the server launched....

The thing is these servers do not restrict areas or skills....sure we should take away the colorful pets because that to me is pointless but other new features would be nice to keep for example new housing, new npcs, new areas. Still make it difficult to GM to bring on players who love the challenge ...keep the unique stat and fishing systems...to stand out from the rest and provide I guess better loot from enemy npcs... provide champion spawns with nice loot etc...Have events and challenges for pvp or pvm often...

PostPosted: Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:09 am 

Quote:
I think a new start for all would be good I see what tax is saying but if some vet rewards were given I don't think it would be so hard on everyone but w/e is decided I think should be done in some kinda of time frame instead of waiting years to come up with something
I'm struggling to decide whether I think starting over would be a good idea or not, part of me thinks yes but then part says no. My last post was just saying to be cautious with that approach. And vet rewards on a restart are tricky, I've seen that fall flat on its face a few times - too generous of a reward and the fresh start was pointless and too little of a reward and the player may think it is not worthwhile.
Quote:
We as a community would have to put in the work to make the new shard popular ...there are certain servers that just started a few months ago and are seeing thousands of users daily...They had heavy promotion though with youtube, twitter, people posting it in any forum related to gaming etc.... before they launched. So they had a player base built up even before the server launched....
I'm quietley confident that we could do quite well with promotion. I've noticed that some have been quite keen to help out with that in the past when numbers started to dwindle. Most shards only have staff to promote them - we have our players willing to assist also.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 4:47 am 

Honestly whatever happens, as long as we dont "merge" as a guild or whatever to another game. I will play and help all I can, I'll probably never quit playing as long as it's up

PostPosted: Thu Jan 16, 2014 8:06 am 

Another gold wipe and a selective item wipe (leaving event trophies, etc on the shard but wiping armor/weapons, etc) I'm cool with after a promotion of a new relaunch.

Starting over skill-wise I'm totally not cool with. I still haven't even GM skilled most of my characters after all these years haha Hard to when you only have so many hours available to play or don't "cheat". I wouldn't leave if that happen, it would just be a major bummer.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 1:04 am 

#3 Seems to be the most sensible thing. I'm inclined to want #2 but if it's only a matter of time until its just not possible to run anymore then its not worth the effort. I don't really know what you mean by switching to a new client and upgrading the engine, do you mean running a newer UO client, or just another blank slate, customizable, open world game? I wouldn't want to switch to another game but if that's the only way, and as long as its play styles and systems are very similar, then so be it. UO is just classic and I think as long as people kept advertising (which apparently plenty of people are willing to pitch in, not to mention donate) then it would do fine. There is definitely still interest in old school games enough to have a good playerbase.
We should certainly retain most or all of our vet rewards, but to say we should all have to start from square one is silly, apparently we are trying to "re-make" Obsidian, not make a new game. My account is almost 8 years old and there are players still here from even longer back, and it would be a real shame to lose all the "stuff" I've gathered and stockpiled over the years.
The past few years even, the playerbase has been low, but had some spikes in activity here and there, but I've played pretty frequently throughout, even after the last crash and since then its basically been like 5 people that get on at all, let alone regularly, but I've stuck around waiting for the recruitment or whatever that's been promised for years now, hoarding masses of everything to be ready for the Epic Warfare patch and such, not to mention crafting loads too. Also trying to keep some sort of buying and selling going and keeping my vendor stocked for a while now. I've put in probably hundreds of hours while the shard was practically dead. I enjoy playing the game but I also did a lot of the boring shit to have it out of the way. Seems kind of like a big slap to say that "Epic Warfare" is coming then flush all the supplies and skills I worked for down the drain. I wouldn't even mind a gold wipe that much, but to lose everything is just too much. Maybe I wouldn't mind if I didn't have SO much that I spent so long hoarding. I just thought it would stay.
Its not everyone having fully GMd characters and good supplies that is stopping new people from playing, its the lack of players and advertisement.

You could also do #3 AND #2. You could begin the works on #3 when everything is ready and hand this shard off to someone else. Somebody would probably want it.

I would help in whatever minimal ways I could on a re-make.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:21 am 

No need to start over...

If some players want to start over skills that can take years to be gmed well they should do it and let big skills players be....

The only problem with Obsidian is the lag ping from the server...

Once 2-3 players all log in it start feezing and lagging...

Too many players plaid for years and trowing the result of all these year to garbage is non sence and any body willing to do this should have perm jail in real life and Obsidian.

The thing that should change is having real cash pvp event with buy in fee!!

Also staff should'nt be allowed to change things every day like the weapons damage or suddently disable the fire weapons or any things that gave them avantage like cheats for their in game characters!!!!

Why erasing the work of hundred players done in many years???

Stop beeing non sence

Last edited by Akax on Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:52 am, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 3:37 am 

I only play gun game and Ultima Online ...
The biggest online cash gun game was win by a Korean in the old game Counter strike
The Korean winner made 1 million real quick...

There was many server in counter strike with buy in fee and 15 vs 15 game where anyone could make cash while having fun!

Playing Obsidian no lag with many players and with some buy-in events with real cash money would be the best...

Forget about he option #3 it just really make no sence after all these years!!!

Why just not just record every players and skills. Then let players take 20 items they own of their choice ...
And start a new not laggy client that will not bug and put every players and skills back in???

PostPosted: Fri Jan 17, 2014 6:35 pm 

Even a retarded monkey can tell that you're raptor... you need to work on your english bud lol

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:04 am 

Better watch it he will put you in rl jail for log time.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 18, 2014 10:37 am 

Ohhh I know, that's why I was so nice to him!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 19, 2014 8:19 pm 

WTF are you talking about Apoc???

You scared to pvp 1 vs 1 and you want to restart all your skills to 0???

Why you say such real non sence monkey thing like that??You scared to hell to figth and pvp and also scared to even log in Obsidian to play!!

Also are you saying you are for option#3 and a real crazy monkey?

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 5:28 am 

Quote:
WTF are you talking about Apoc???

You scared to pvp 1 vs 1 and you want to restart all your skills to 0???

Why you say such real non sence monkey thing like that??You scared to hell to figth and pvp and also scared to even log in Obsidian to play!!

Also are you saying you are for option#3 and a real crazy monkey?

wut

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:48 pm 

Oh raptor you can always give me a good chuckle!

But seriously, raptor = noob i win always, cryabit

PostPosted: Mon Jan 20, 2014 6:17 pm 

If I can kill him then he for sure sucks lol

Forum locked Post a reply Page 3 of 12   [ 167 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 512 Next