It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:06 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2013 6:58 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

There will never again be a good number of people on this shard. The reason is simple....
Bob does not represent his shard as something that exists for entertainment, but rather as a means for himself to exude control. People don't hang around places like that for long. As people leave Bob gets discouraged and development stops. Any attempt to revive Obsidian will be met with the same discouragement unless there's a fundamental shift in the way Bob views the shard and the players on it. Bobs too proud (arrogant?) to ever admit such a thing, so obsidian is dead.

By the way, I'm addicted to dark souls lately. The PvP is the closest thing to UO that I have seen to date.....

PostPosted: Tue Feb 12, 2013 6:59 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
There will never again be a good number of people on this shard. The reason is simple....
Bob does not represent his shard as something that exists for entertainment, but rather as a means for himself to exude control. People don't hang around places like that for long. As people leave Bob gets discouraged and development stops. Any attempt to revive Obsidian will be met with the same discouragement unless there's a fundamental shift in the way Bob views the shard and the players on it. Bobs too proud (arrogant?) to ever admit such a thing, so obsidian is dead.

By the way, I'm addicted to dark souls lately. The PvP is the closest thing to UO that I have seen to date.....
DayZ on the PC has been pretty close to UO as well in terms of brutal gameplay...SO I really do recommend that game. I do miss the players but its too boring with low population...we need to reward players with higher gold loot, random special loot, more vet rewards.... more lands to explore and open up thus making more monster npc spawns plus adding more variety to npcs to be killed ..these are things I think should of been done back in 2005!

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 4:11 pm 

I have to agree with azi on this one. There are a lot of things that annoy me on this shard that never should have been changed or atleast changed back because they turned out to be only a good idea in theory. But they remain that way because Bob wants it that way. The moongates are a prime example.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:34 pm 

Quote:
I have to agree with azi on this one. There are a lot of things that annoy me on this shard that never should have been changed or atleast changed back because they turned out to be only a good idea in theory. But they remain that way because Bob wants it that way. The moongates are a prime example.
This is what I don't understand...pvp was freaking great in 04 & 05...then it kept on getting changed. Warriors complained mages were OP..etc now you can't even look at players and see anything that was great when it came to pvp from 8 years ago..when mages were able to cast faster , warriors had to time every bottle, every heal+ understand the mage they were facing it was complex but fun..Mages had to be quick and pollied mages were a damn non factor sorry GM Bob. Please Fix the Moongates!!!

The past is the past though only way to truely move forward is to fix and listen to user suggestions, make the website's interface more user friendly by adding a easy one click download button to download the client, fix account creation..make it more mordern looking with videos of pvp, PvE, the classes, and the races. Ofcourse add a link to facebook and twitter pages so people can like and follow. Then you have to get the players..those top 100 uo sites help bring in players...there's this shard that opened up last month and runs only vanilla UO:R. They advertised this shard everywhere took donations ...their launch was successful. I do not have millions of friends not that much of a social media junkie. I use twitter for news.....and deals thats about it for me.

I would donate if we needed it to get the push to bring the shard back to life....will there be dedicated staff? Dedicated scripters...Those staff members at the new shard probably making money...not much but enough to make it profitable to run a shard.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 14, 2013 8:42 am 

Well what I think is REALLY going on is bob has turned into a player, he's probably pullin girls left and right, romancing them with his sweet red hair, his lanky but yet muscular body, and his epic obsidian battle stories. I'm sure he gets on here and just has a good chuckle at all us losers, wishing we were him. Bob if you're reading this, please teach me your ways, I would do anything to be JUST LIKE YOU!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 5:43 am 

^You already have his sarcastic delusions of grandeur. Your halfway there.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 1:48 pm 

LOL that was a funny read. But why are you guys all blaming bob for what is going on. We should blame ourselves for letting it get to this point.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 9:15 am 

I agree with azi as well. And how is it the players fault? Ok yea we could log on more and play ill give you that one. But really why? Most of us have given and given and all we have goten is lost iteams and time. Put a page in and it doesnt get answered and if it does 9 time out of 10 its to late to do anything. Is it all bob? idk. All i know is he has told us things for years now and it never comes to pass. And we never hear from him. I know all to well about time in ones life i have said it over and over again. But i think bob could at least post updates. Or at least someone could. As far as the shard moving forward if years past say anything then we might as well put a fork in it cause its done. But i relly hope higher ups maybe even bb him self could step in and fix things and make things happen.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2013 10:27 pm 

At least I've learned something playing this game.

And players can only do so much, if bob would fix account creation then it's a different story, we could get players ourselves. RARELY i'll see 5 people online and I instantly log on, even though they're nowhere in sight. We just need a stable playerbase

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:56 am 

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
Why dont we just make a new shard? make it as simple gameplay as obsidian? and just transfer characters over? take a ss of your characters skills and stats and gold and walla a new start lol? be exactly like it is now however active players are staff and we can decide what is best for us in terms of changes, we can set a good pvp system and get a good game going, we all just migrate lol...and things will be just as they were before bob went AWOL

Job Done

Now who can start this project? lol

PostPosted: Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:40 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i can't! but i would defo move / help staff if i had the opportunity.
my nights are mostly free. giving to league of legends and soon HON and smite lmao or late sessions at the park.. or booty calls.... or a combo of de baby and LoL

PostPosted: Fri Feb 22, 2013 4:28 pm 

Chips!

Yeaaaahhhhhhhhhh 8)

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:12 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
8) one and only :D

PostPosted: Sun Feb 24, 2013 10:18 am 

Im packed and ready to go :D

PostPosted: Tue Feb 26, 2013 9:25 am 

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
If i had the knowledge of making a shard i would, then just get everyone to send me their stats/skills/gold to inplemented

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next