It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:52 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2

Will you return to actively playing on the shard?
Yes  67%  [ 22 ]
No  6%  [ 2 ]
I am currently active  27%  [ 9 ]
Total votes : 33
PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:30 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
im gettin rdy to have my 3rd kid and my bitch is lazy so i cant afford internet, BUT ONE DAY I SHALL RETURN
You should have just beached your seamen instead of staying in the dock.

(heh-heh)

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 9:12 am 

Tell her to SWALLOW next time.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 30, 2012 1:47 pm 

61% are full of s***.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2012 10:25 pm 

Quote:
61% are full of s***.
I disagree i think the 17 people who voted yes would start playing again but we would need active staff for that to happen.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:25 pm 

Well, all in all, i haven't stopped playing. But instead of logging in every day, it's every other or every third. Usually on for at least an hour, usually 2, so come find me, kill me, make me kill you, do something other than come to the forums to see if anybody is playing. LOG IN. DO SOMETHING. Look for people if you want to not play alone. Hell, i'll mine with some one, or fish, or hunt. WTF ever. just log in damn it.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2013 10:39 pm 

I think I'm gonna get on tonight and make a suit of armor I've put off for a while. Big milestone for me. So I think that'll push me into playing more often. A lot of trouble in the past year has kept me from being able to forget the world and immerse myself in this one and enjoy it but it's all calmed down a bit. Hope to run into some people soon. Dling it now :)

Eshmaki

http://www.youtube.com/user/IloveJesusY ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:23 pm 

they should just give the files away so someone else can host obsidian

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:45 pm 

I'd come back in a second if things were like they used to be, this shard in it's prime was the best game I have ever played. I unfortunately don't see that happening, but who knows.

On another note, how is everyone? :D

Giorgio Armani - GM Tailor

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 6:17 pm 

What's up LP? How have you been man?

PostPosted: Wed Jan 16, 2013 9:54 pm 

I've been good, you?

I still check in every once in awhile, how is the actual game itself? The player base is obviously suffering, but is that because of game play?

Giorgio Armani - GM Tailor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2013 7:07 pm 

The gameplay is not that bad actually, Although it could use some tweaks here and there. And the lag is bad sometimes. But then again i don't play that often between work and everything else I never really get on. My son has an account tho and he gets on once in a while.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:33 am 

The only Real problem is we aren't recruiting players. This game lives off new blood. Period. We talked about getting shit together ourselves again, like a year ago on the forums, but we never actually did it. Just need to get on topsites again, release the game on something at least equivalent to what torrents used to be, maybe pay a tiny amount for some actual advertising or something. Other than that, having active mods when we get players and then just bug fixes would keep people around, they wouldn't have these expectations of things being "the way they were" like a lot of people talk about on the forums. I don't feel like that at all really. However the game mechanics work are how they work, the community and activity is the point, at most some people would have to change their gameplay styles, maybe twice if after some real testing it all gets tweaked again but I mean that's the game, there have been very few complete characters who play A lot and those people aren't who filled the servers, it was newbs and mid-level chars who made up the bulk.

So really only 3 things are needed to make this game fun for Most of us, new players, which will bring in old ones, counselors, seers etc. who may just come back too or we get new ones, not hard, and bug fixes for whatever few bugs are left.. It's not like people don't want to play games like this anymore, they are just generally younger with more freetime than our vets, and/or hardcore RPG/UO players who just love this shit, and again those people just need other people to attract them to a game with such variety, making it a game of their own.

I said I didn't want to be the one to do it this time, as I've done it twice before, and admittedly kinda fked it up for us too at the end of each, getting bored, abusing shit and shutting down things I started which stopped the flow of new players, took some motivation away from the GMs or whoever and shit like that, I'm sorry for that, I just got bored doing actual work for the shard instead of enjoying the game while my chars couldn't keep up with the people I already knew who were playing, so the game itself got boring for me then, plus as people know I vented here and used the shard as a release and sometimes it wasn't healthy for me or the game.

I get flashes of pessimism sometimes when I think about where we are, but then I think for about 2 seconds and realize how many times we've gone from where we are now to a server full of life again, if you've been here as long as me you know it's been a few. So I've got plenty of hope and maybe some motivation to get on top of all this again, it would be nice to have help, but in the end, if I have to, I could possibly start it moving again alone.

As long as the server stays up, you can register an account, and we have mods and a GM who cares, eventually we'll have a vibrant game to come enjoy like we want.

Eshmaki

http://www.youtube.com/user/IloveJesusY ... ature=mhum

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2013 4:09 pm 

I think it is obvious that Bob cares, but he does not have time to do what needs to be done plain and simple. And i have been playing here long enough in many different stages of the shard to know that you can bring in as many new players as you want without bug fixes and active staff new players will come and go and the only people you are going to keep are the die-hards.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2