Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2
 Post subject: Re: Hey guys...
PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:58 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Obsidian needs a mindset change more then anything....here are 2 examples:

IPY handles skill gain in a very encouraging way:
Macroing is legal but takes FOREVER. Skill gain is offset by scrolls that add .1, .2, or .3 to skills. The higher the mob the better change of getting a high level skill.
Areas of the world have a higher skill gain rate then others. For example combat skills Houses have a very low rate and dungeons are very high with towns being in the middle. For crafting skills houses are very low, town centers are very high, and everything else is in the middle.

Multi-accounting is not only legal, but encouraged which works well with macroing (there's a 3 account limit)....one account can be macroing while your resource gathering on another, and hanging out in a dungeon or fishing on your third.

The reason I bring this stuff up is because the main thing that turned folks away from Obsi is the harsh rules and punishment. Macroing and multi-accounting are 2 of the main rules that have resulted in disgruntlement, and here this issue has been handled in a way that works for all involved...without jail time and banning being the main tool for enforcement.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 2:31 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Ya lets just change the skill cap and stat cap to while we at it to 600 stat cap so we can get 200 str int and dex and make it so we can gm everything on 1 character!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 27, 2012 4:03 pm 

whatever is happening with obsidian at the moment is NOT working, so if going to what you suggested will help prevent obsidian from being a negative statistic then I'm all for it.

Wait...you were being sarcastic....

still, lets try it.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 6:38 am 

I don't think allowing people to afk macro or play three accounts at once will do anything. The reason why obs has no players is simple. When i started playing obs BB and CV were always on. There was always staff, events etc. When you had a problem you paged and it got answered in about 2 minutes. Then BB and CV moved on and the staff that stayed could not fix bugs, just punish abusers which in most cases was too late and the damage was already done. But still we adapted and kept playing. Then a new amin takes over makes some drastic changes including wiping everyone's accounts and still some adapted and kept playing. And then when the game was just about playable again he disappeared. And once again we have no admin, no staff at all, no events, and if you have a problem now it takes 2 months to get an answer nevermind 2 minutes. Have i made my point yet? Or should i continue. I realize that people have real life issues but if people have NO time to commit perhaps it is time to give the reigns to someone who does.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 1:58 pm 

agreed. i've noticed some slight changes in the past 2 months, however, i have had some pages in queue for 2 months now. the last time i talked to staff about something that happened in game was echo, on the forums, and that was about my BITCHES guild. that was a while ago. There are no events, except run by players!?! If staff isn't gonna be on, then we need new staff. Don't get me wrong, i really enjoy playin on this shard, and love the way it's running, but if staff isn't gonna do anything with it, why are they staff? Heard 2 weeks ago from bob about the server status page. But nothin since then.

AND WHAT ABOUT ACCOUNT CREATION???

if yer gonna (wanna) shut the shard down, tell the 3 people that play on regular basis. I'm sure there are other things that we could spend our time doing.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 4:28 pm 
Staff

We don't need new staff. I am new staff and I'm online right now as well as for a few hours every week. But I strongly agree that we do need some more help from higher staff soon to keep things rolling. Those people are obviously busy with things other than Obsidian. It does not mean that everything has been abandoned.

In the meantime, I really want to see more players online. I know players are probably discouraged if they have a decayed house or another major issue that they've been waiting around for higher staff to attend. As counselor, one of my main duties is running events and helping players within my abilities. I simply can't do that if the players do not login.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:15 am 

We have no motivation to go to events tho. They always have the same outcome and winner cause they are always the same thing pvp. Also now without a prize shack we get junk that people throw on ground and staff pick up as a reward. When i won a +1 katanna i that i probably thru on ground without getting to choose a reward it made me feel like i wasted my time going. Staff say well events are just for fun. But reality is majority of players that go went to get something worthwhile while having fun at the same time. I remember when i was starting out for first 3 years i couldn't wait to try to get a force or power item, but now those are not prizes no more and the new players don't stand chances in these events there all old maxed out players.

If we want more players (new players) than we should start having changes for new players and not all about the older players. Make it so they actually feel like they matter. All changes like quests and other stuff no new player will have any idea what to do or even to start.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:29 am 
Staff

I have a much larger and better prize pool now.

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 6:09 pm 

Please try not to resurrect threads that are five years old, it's generally considered poor form as it is confusing and makes the forums messy.

If you have a new point or topic to discuss, please create a new thread - thank you.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 24 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2