It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 5:00 am

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 7:22 pm 

Quote:
How can staff catch someone for afk macroing, if none are on?
Obviously there was atleast one on. I guess you just never know when you are going to get nailed so if you chance it and get caught you deserve what you get.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 9:19 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Echo and Bob stay hidden and rarely show up on the server status.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 10:26 pm 
Game Admin

Quote:
Quote:
That's right bitches. I'm ninja.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 17, 2011 11:04 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
That's right bitches. I'm ninja.
Really? I have an array of different things I call you, and ninja isn't one of them ;)

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:41 am 

I still feel Echo is the best staff member and GM we have had on this shard though out the years just that I don't agree with the AFK rules. Just wanted to let Echo know that...

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:13 pm 

I think bob should leave, and let echo be in charge, so much more shit would get a done, and things would be a lot better. This shard took a nose dive when he got in charge... He is the root of our problems.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:45 pm 

well for once i have to agree with todd to a point i think bob meant well i think just like most of aus we shit come up in rl and you know the saying when it rains it pors bob has done a good job but with rl things happening he cant get to theam as fast as we sometimes want to but some of the blame is with the players as well when echo or other staff put something together and none show up kinda make you not want to try as hard the next time but then i think back to what bb onve wrote everything has a life span i just hope obsidian hasnt reached that point yet

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 1:59 pm 

Quote:
I think bob should leave
Yeah let's have less staff that can actually do stuff. Wonderful idea man. :roll:

I still say with all the BS on the shard these days, nothing compares to around about a 5-month period when Broadband was in charge that the server and the boards were just GONE. Disappeared. No explanation. Nothing. Then when it was finally turned back on, there was a massive roll-back. People were PISSSED.

As far as alternative punishment for AFK training, I would say maybe a couple of days of being banned from the game completely might do it. That way they keep the skill they have, but they can't keep macro'ing. Eh, maybe a bad idea.. but it's all I got lol

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:02 pm 

Quote:
Yeah let's have less staff that can actually do stuff. Wonderful idea man. :roll:
Oh, like hes doing anything?
He may act like hes doing shit, but hes ruining this game, we would be better off without him, and with Echo in charge, or anyone else for that matter.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:06 pm 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 2:18 pm 

can't agree there ..Bob knows how to script very good without him there is no shard.....The time may come when some new players in the MMO rpg world will find this shard and try it out but you cant realistically expect a 30 player average base online anymore its 2011 about to be 2012.. this game is from 1997 back when people still had attention spans..bigger, better, and graphically pleasing games are out there now. Where you can actually have fun out of the game even if noone is around you...I can play halo reach solo...I can play skyrim solo its all new and easy graphically to my eyes...The only time I can have fun on this shard is when I am playing with others...a 0 - 2 player population obviously will not make it fun..massive emails to all email accounts offering rewards for returning, adding more towns, dungeons, weapons...nightmare rides, and vet rare item rewards...you don't want to give tot he players this is what happens.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 4:07 pm 

But there is also the fact (like Todd mentioned) that Echo would be more suited for coding the things Bob wants faster.

Its pointless waiting on Bob seeing as he has a 3-6 month period (don't remember how long it really is) where he gets swamped with things and barely has time to work on the shard. And when he does, he barely works on the things he put on the list, but adds new things he wants to do. He then works on those ideas he just thought of, and forgets about the important thing he wanted to do a year before (i.e. account creation). I know where Bob is going, but whats the point in keeping the shard up and working on it yourself when your only free 2 months out of the year, MAX. Bob doesn't have to give Echo full rights, but at least let him code the small things & Bob can handle the major things he set for himself 2-3 years ago.

Like Rippa said above, with the game being 14 years old what are the chances people are going to look up a UO game in this generation? With Skyrim now out and a lot more MMO's being created daily/yearly, it is even less realistic that people will Google UO and come to this shard with it being in Beta (yes I still consider it in Beta at this stage in time) with a lot to offer in-game skill wise and item wise, but not player wise. I just say open up account creation, we can do some advertising, and that's it. We don't need anything special done, just have the link actually functional.

Also, we should also just release everyone that's been permanently jailed and place them back at Brit bank. So in case they come back, they don't have to wait days and weeks to have a staff member get them out.

But those are just my opinions. Even I have little patients being on a game where I know I won't encounter ANYONE in game regardless if there are 0 or 5 players on.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 7:07 pm 
Game Admin

Quote:
I think bob should leave, and let echo be in charge, so much more shit would get a done, and things would be a lot better. This shard took a nose dive when he got in charge... He is the root of our problems.
You're showing a level of intelligence akin to a rock.

I don't code/script/whatever you want to call it. Bob has single handedly rebuilt this game and added features that are bloody awesome.

The shard improved dramatically when Bob started working on it.

The root of "our" problems consist of an aging game, lack of interest from players and the ultimate factor: time. For the past few months I've had little to no time for obsi since i've been back at university, working two jobs and picking up more sporting and social commitments. It's coming into summer here and triathlon season is starting so I'll be around far less. Suggesting that staff leave is one of the DUMBEST ideas I've ever read on here. I've spent close to 8 years working with this game, the players and the staff and no-one has put in the time or effort that Bob has for the length of time that he has - outside of Broadband maintaining and running the shard for as long as he has.

This is a FREE game. I'm so sick and tired of having to remind everyone that the time staff spend on this game doesn't go towards some personal gain - it goes towards a game which is there purely for the PLAYERS.

Quit your complaining and the stupid comments. The system we have is not perfect or even close. But for an aging, free game with staff who invest their time for no personal gain: we do pretty damn well I think.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2011 10:40 pm 

Quote:
This is a FREE game.
f***, really? Bob made me pay him 10 bucks a month to play... You are kidding right..?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2011 12:58 am 
Game Admin

Congratulations.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next