It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 1:07 pm

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:58 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
I asked bob that years ago when he started "beta". He said "it would just take to long to train them on what broadband wants this shard to be then to just do it by myself..".

So idk what's going on in their minds.

Sorry who is broadband? I haven't seen that player in 4 years maybe...thought bob got the admin permissions and the server since he's hosting it at his house..

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:08 pm 

Let the players macro, atleast then on the server status it wont look empty

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:25 pm 
Game Admin

Let's get something straight here: It wasn't the first time Terek has been busted for afk macroing. If it had been - fair enough. If a person afk macros for the first time I usually macro stone them and leave it at that. Then the next time I find them afk macroing I put them into timeout. Then I start on the skill drops after that. Sometimes I'm a little more forgiving if the person successfully cancels their macro stone a few times in between all of that.

I waste countless hours chasing after afk macroers and dealing with the complaints that rise up from it. If you don't like me dropping your skill - stop cheating. It's a simple solution.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:16 pm 
Staff

Thank you Echo. I macro stoned Terek as well a couple of days ago because I saw him AFKing necro skill. I said "hello" to him 2 or 3 times and waited at least a minute. Nothing personal. Just trying to do my duties as counselor. I certainly do not want to see any players leave. Please just play by the rules.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 5:53 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
but i dont think the major problems on this shard includes afk macroing atm :roll: its more about getting players on and HELPING the shard... (not saying that you didnt do a HUGE part but honestly this dont help) my HONEST opinion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:02 pm 

I agree that you have to follow rules and such, but what chips said, i'd rather have the vets afk macro..since we've played on this shard for years and years, then have 0 players online like its been forever. We're going to need experienced players for when new players come to help them along, dropping skills doesnt really fix anything in my opinion, yeh it stops them from macroing, but that just drops their motivation to 0 to try and gain skills back.

And if his med was gm whyd you drop it, to 60?!?! You know how hard that is to gain, and i know damn sure he didn't gain 40.0% in a day, or even a month.

Just my honest opinion

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:24 pm 

My friend raptor honest player get gm bug abuse this also. he spend 1000x hours could of made 30 million in rl if work and it all remove. he honest player bring 10x people to game.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 10:47 pm 

Training med really isn't that hard on a Necro. It GMs by itself since you only have to use INT rather than INT+Regs.

I'm more positive he's bummed about the Necro, then the Med.

But although I do agree that one can't argue about being caught AFK macroing, I do have to agree that with the low player-base, who cares who macros?
Even when people are online, what are the chances you actually come across the player? Slim to none. That is, if they aren't bank sitting.

Off-Topic: Does Bob plan on opening up account creation yet? Or is he going to wait another year? Might sound rude, but its an honest question I want answered.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:37 am 

lol several times?

I came back 4 days ago, was caught one, then the second time i was dropped, no timeout, no nothing.
let's just don't lie here Echo ok? I am sorry if you had to work off your frustration on me, but just don't talk bs.
This was my second time busted macroin since I came back, and especially THE FIRST TIME you did, since the other time was kraken.

And kraken, if you say hello, the msg hello appears for, 1 second then disappears, if you actually "show" i can answer you.

I don't have my journal always open.

And no, when I macro I do not stare at the game like a lifeless idiot, I check it every 5 minutes, witch also seems to be a lot, since I have to check me macroin in an empty server.

Quote:
I waste countless hours chasing after afk macroers and dealing with the complaints that rise up from it. If you don't like me dropping your skill - stop cheating. It's a simple solution.
Also, you should spend countless hours fixing acc creation, or actually creating accounts and other shard development, not chasing the few dedicated ppl remained on the shard.
Stop harrassing us, take care of the other stuff, THIS, is a simple solution.
When you will have a decent playerbase, then you can drop skills to whoever u want, but if I am the only one online, don't pretend I'll stay there staring the f****** thing cause ur bored and u don't know what to do so u come and drop my skills...
Seriously, you got much work to do, and harrassing the few of us that macro with server status empty, is the last thing you should do, since u didn't get just me frustrated, but many ppl here are of the same idea!

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 6:42 am 

Quote:
My friend raptor honest player get gm bug abuse this also. he spend 1000x hours could of made 30 million in rl if work and it all remove. he honest player bring 10x people to game.
LOL :twisted:

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2011 11:20 am 
Staff

Quote:
lol several times?
And kraken, if you say hello, the msg hello appears for, 1 second then disappears, if you actually "show" i can answer you.
As a counselor I am always "shown". I do not have the ability to hide.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:06 pm 
Game Admin

Quote:
but i dont think the major problems on this shard includes afk macroing atm :roll: its more about getting players on and HELPING the shard... (not saying that you didnt do a HUGE part but honestly this dont help) my HONEST opinion
I agree - I don't think the major problems we have at the moment include afk macroing. The problems we have at the moment are account creation, races, connection/server stability (lag), a few minor bugs and active players.
Quote:
I agree that you have to follow rules and such, but what chips said, i'd rather have the vets afk macro..since we've played on this shard for years and years, then have 0 players online like its been forever. We're going to need experienced players for when new players come to help them along, dropping skills doesnt really fix anything in my opinion, yeh it stops them from macroing, but that just drops their motivation to 0 to try and gain skills back.

And if his med was gm whyd you drop it, to 60?!?! You know how hard that is to gain, and i know damn sure he didn't gain 40.0% in a day, or even a month.

Just my honest opinion

Skill drop is really the only fair way to go about it - I agree that it drops motivation to 0 and that's not something I like in the slightest, but it's the system we have for dealing with afk macroers. If you can brainstorm a better solution - I would love to hear it as I'm sure most people would be.
Quote:
Training med really isn't that hard on a Necro. It GMs by itself since you only have to use INT rather than INT+Regs.

I'm more positive he's bummed about the Necro, then the Med.

But although I do agree that one can't argue about being caught AFK macroing, I do have to agree that with the low player-base, who cares who macros?
Even when people are online, what are the chances you actually come across the player? Slim to none. That is, if they aren't bank sitting.

Off-Topic: Does Bob plan on opening up account creation yet? Or is he going to wait another year? Might sound rude, but its an honest question I want answered.
I care who afk macros. I don't care if I'm the only one left who really cares about maintaining a fair shard for everyone - I'll keep on doing it as long as I can. If I let rules slide simply because the player base is low - people will cheat all they can. Sure that might raise numbers a bit - but what happens when player numbers return? Everyone gets angry at staff for letting people afk during that time and gaining an unfair advantage over all the others that did it properly. I've seen it all happen before.

As for account creation: I'm hoping to get into contact with Bob about it within the next week or so and hopefully will have a temp solution for it, if not a solid, fail-safe plan.
Quote:
lol several times?

let's just don't lie here Echo ok? I am sorry if you had to work off your frustration on me, but just don't talk bs.
This was my second time busted macroin since I came back, and especially THE FIRST TIME you did, since the other time was kraken.
Two simple truths:

1) You were not paying attention to the game while macroing (considered to be afk macroing).
2) You were caught.

You cheated and I dropped your skills to reflect your cheating.
It's as simple as that. You might not agree with the amount I dropped the skills by but just because the player base is low does not mean I'm going to let you get away with cheating.

As for your recommendations on how I should spend my time - I fully intend to carry on doing what I have been doing. I do not appreciate your lack of manners in this whole situation and should you wish to enlist my help anytime in the future a much needed improvement will need to be made before you will see any co-operation from me.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 7:33 pm 

Well first off as vets you should know the rules and would want the new players to learn theam as well if we all know that we cant be afking some where i belive (i havent looked at the rules in ages) dont go afk for even 2 seconds so that in it self says not to surf the web read forums or w/e and whats the deal acting like a little kid that doesnt get their way all i hear is well if things dont go the way i want ill quit well if you feel that way maybe you should just be on your way besides is this what want to teach our new players the whole point of not afk macroing is the earn what skill you get other wise why not just put portals up to gm everything did the punishment fit the crime idk but in rl if you break the law you pay if you get cought speeding do you get to chose how much the fine is i dont and anyway which gives me an idea why not fine theam or give theam a choice to give up a rare or it could be something like the minus stat thing if you die but when the afker logs back on the option could be so much fine or so much skill drop but id see that working for like the first or second time or just keep uping the fine idk just a thought and not kissing ass here but echo is verry fair and make the fair call as im sure he did in this case so in closing i think we should support our staff and the decisons they make affter all new comers probley come to the forums first and read

Last edited by corky1h on Sun Nov 13, 2011 10:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:36 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
lol several times?

Two simple truths:

1) You were not paying attention to the game while macroing (considered to be afk macroing).
2) You were caught.

You cheated and I dropped your skills to reflect your cheating.
It's as simple as that. You might not agree with the amount I dropped the skills by but just because the player base is low does not mean I'm going to let you get away with cheating.

As for your recommendations on how I should spend my time - I fully intend to carry on doing what I have been doing. I do not appreciate your lack of manners in this whole situation and should you wish to enlist my help anytime in the future a much needed improvement will need to be made before you will see any co-operation from me.
You and me well know each other and you know I respect you and all, but as I said, I came back 2 days before I was "caught", I've been gm med for years now, and I may have "cheated" on gaining necromancy witch also was above 78% when I came back..But meditation was just a low punch, since terek before being necro was gm mage, and since I was not a 24/7 player, I worked my ass off to get there over the years. As for necromancy, took me ages to get there, and when I was caught macroing I only gained 1.9%. So you actually thrown away hours of dedicated playing.

Last edited by Terek Molt on Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 13, 2011 8:43 pm 

and also, if we want to be fussy and all:

1. No AFK macroing - Do not leave your computer for even 2 seconds with a macro running. Macros are legal only so that players do not develop carpel tunnel syndrom, do not abuse this privelege or macros may be banned all together. if you are caught AFK macroing, you will be punished, which ranges from a macro stone to instant jailtime, depending on the staff and the incident.

if you are caught AFK macroing, you will be punished, which ranges from a macro stone to instant jailtime, depending on the staff and the incident.

there is nothing written about getting skills dropped.

Forum locked Post a reply Page 2 of 3   [ 42 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 Next