It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 11:19 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next
PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:57 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
no1 plays at all!!
why??
from the beginning of t4a and numbers are totally low and now nuthing!!
I goddammit love obsi and dun want to let it go,,

Here's my solution: T5A LOL and with more staffs and hard works

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:01 pm 

I dont really even care anymore.....

I used to check the forums everyday but now its like once a 1 a week.

My houses are decayed. Stuffs gone. Obsdian has changed to much for me. Its gone to shit... I dont care

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:44 am 

Same with me. I don't even have the energy anymore to make characters and delete them like I usually did.

Surprised I still have my fisher lol.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:46 am 

open up new areas and dungeons with brand new monsters imported from UO, new items, Weapons with names and stories behind them(obtained by quests given by npcs) that are indestructible...with added damage. Bring in RUNEBOOKS.

These things are just suggestions that I think would make the game have a better experience for new and old players.

If you send a mass email saying new areas open to explore etc it might bring back some old players....

Last edited by Rippa on Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 6:44 am 
Staff

I am also disappointed with the lack of players. Especially new players. I am only a counselor, so my best duty would be to hang out in Cove helping noobs. Right now there isn't a lot I can do since there aren't many noobs.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 8:57 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
everyone is dissappointed with the lack of players... thats all i really wanna see changed... the rest of the updates can wait imo.... i just want to see more players... a mmo is boring playing by your self :/
hard to argue that fact...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:29 am 

apparently my house decayed as well, which is strange, because I am convinced it hasnt been 60 days since i clicked on my house sign...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 10:51 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
the people who have decayed houses..
there isnt going to be a wipe for a LONG time so stop complaining. u have full access to your house.. the only thing taken away atm is selling it......... which ur not gonna do anyway.. drama queens lol

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:08 am 

Obsidian needs someone who can script and thats active... Getting one post every two months is not good enough.

Just open recuitment already and people will play

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 11:37 am 

I like obsidian staff ,,, but I can say that from the beginning of t4a till now,,, only bob was doing great job then echo... and now bob is busy with his real life so as echo maybe.
there aint no staff to encourage noobs anymore,, no staff to help old players,, no staff to hold event.
pvp has a lot of changes that most of people didn't like especially old ones.
GMs give alot of hard punishments,, im not against that but how about other jobs?? holding events, giving fair prizes?? encouraging new and old players to play??
and now people's houses are decayed once again, so they will have to start all over again
dammit

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 12:00 pm 

Quote:
a mmo is boring playing by your self :/
hard to argue that fact...
Very true. I was actually considering re-installing Ultima VII and Serpents Hold the other day LOL

Do we have an active .torrent of the installer going right now? That's how I first came here years back. I see 2 Obisidian torrents on PirateBay, but neither have seeds and they are from 2004-2006. Then again, the most popular UO torrent there now only has 3 seeds. That's for the defianceUO server.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:52 pm 

Its pointless to try and get a 'perfect' shard running before opening recruitment because you will never be satisfied and never see your work as perfect.

I open up the server status once a day to see whose online and the regular people are:

Raptor
Falin
Rippa
Dedo (just recently)
Chips (sometimes)

These are only a few, can't remember all. And even then its like another 2 regulars.

This game honestly hit rock bottom....

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:38 pm 

Well negative crap like you are posting NS isn't helping at all.

I play as well. I play a lot of games, and I put more time on average into this game than most newer popular games.. I like the people that still hang around.

That being said, I'm nostalgic. I hate change and I hate when things just go away. Overall, I'm still happy with the way Obsidian actually looks and feels (a ren-age UO server with PvP and a bit of roleplaying and questing thrown in) but yeah, there's still a LOT to be done. Bob's job is a hard one.. I have my own "sandbox" of a UO shard that pales in comparison to this and setting out to create a shard with a ton of customs built onto an "oldschool" UO framework is HARD and takes TONS of time. That's the main reason I don't bitch about things not being done fast enough... I can relate. If it gets done, it gets done.. as long as the server is up I don't care. And coincidently the server is NOT up right now so that's why I'm writing this long post instead of playing! :twisted:

House decay has been a big issue lately. I've dealt with that before too. I had a play-tester leave for months after sinking tons of time into the game and her house.. only to tell her when she came back and her house had decayed "Well, sorry." LOL

I've recommended that we raise the house decay rate up to 90 days for that one. I also think clear instructions should be posted in a sticky for refreshing your house.

UO as a game in general has reached a "low", that much I could agree with. But I've seen far worse bad times for Obsidian before. The shard being offline for almost half a year then rebooting to an unwelcome rollback comes to mind. Yet people still stuck around.

I'm just saying man, don't be so negative. This is now the OLDEST private shard running. That really says something. I don't want a lot of people years from now thinking "Wow, I wish Obsidian was still around.." Things come in cycles. We just have to stick around for the next one.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:42 pm 

who's raptor ? whats his new char name ?

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:20 pm 

Quote:
Well negative crap like you are posting NS isn't helping at all.

I play as well. I play a lot of games, and I put more time on average into this game than most newer popular games.. I like the people that still hang around.

That being said, I'm nostalgic. I hate change and I hate when things just go away. Overall, I'm still happy with the way Obsidian actually looks and feels (a ren-age UO server with PvP and a bit of roleplaying and questing thrown in) but yeah, there's still a LOT to be done. Bob's job is a hard one.. I have my own "sandbox" of a UO shard that pales in comparison to this and setting out to create a shard with a ton of customs built onto an "oldschool" UO framework is HARD and takes TONS of time. That's the main reason I don't bitch about things not being done fast enough... I can relate. If it gets done, it gets done.. as long as the server is up I don't care. And coincidently the server is NOT up right now so that's why I'm writing this long post instead of playing! :twisted:

House decay has been a big issue lately. I've dealt with that before too. I had a play-tester leave for months after sinking tons of time into the game and her house.. only to tell her when she came back and her house had decayed "Well, sorry." LOL

I've recommended that we raise the house decay rate up to 90 days for that one. I also think clear instructions should be posted in a sticky for refreshing your house.

UO as a game in general has reached a "low", that much I could agree with. But I've seen far worse bad times for Obsidian before. The shard being offline for almost half a year then rebooting to an unwelcome rollback comes to mind. Yet people still stuck around.

I'm just saying man, don't be so negative. This is now the OLDEST private shard running. That really says something. I don't want a lot of people years from now thinking "Wow, I wish Obsidian was still around.." Things come in cycles. We just have to stick around for the next one.
Good Post..I like the fact that Obsidian is the old school uo but I think after all these years we should atleast be in the second age in terms of land mass. You are right though we shouldn't complain much me being one of the biggest complainers because I like things done my way haha....had lots of memories here would hate years down the line I couldn't log in to my favorite game during the "college years". We do take for granted the work put in to this.

Still want my terathan keep and other dungeons and cities and npcs though would be cool if they were added...don't know how much work would have to go into it though.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 3   [ 38 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 3 Next