It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:35 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 3:26 pm 

Quote:
Oh this was a 45 second patch, so it was hardly time out. I did it when i was modifying the weather and moon system. That being said, it is needed, as the fact is most players use only 5% of the playable area. Heck i doubt if i held a footrace between vesper and minoc if people would make it in a timely fashion.
I just wanted moongates in a solved state before the runestone chamber blows up.

Perhaps the answer is not to restrict direct travel but to give players an incentive to travel the map. As an example the one type of char that travels the map more than any other is the tamer, not because he is restricted from other means of travel but simply because he has reason to be out in the world. Perhaps somethings could be placed all over the map that would give reason for other types of chars, warriors etc. to travel the roads or forests?

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2011 4:13 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Oh this was a 45 second patch, so it was hardly time out. I did it when i was modifying the weather and moon system. That being said, it is needed, as the fact is most players use only 5% of the playable area. Heck i doubt if i held a footrace between vesper and minoc if people would make it in a timely fashion.
I just wanted moongates in a solved state before the runestone chamber blows up.

Perhaps the answer is not to restrict direct travel but to give players an incentive to travel the map. As an example the one type of char that travels the map more than any other is the tamer, not because he is restricted from other means of travel but simply because he has reason to be out in the world. Perhaps somethings could be placed all over the map that would give reason for other types of chars, warriors etc. to travel the roads or forests?
yes like a random monster spawn that has super badass drops, but only spawns once a day for like half the day and all over the world.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 6:27 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
when i used to pvp and pk when gates were the way they were, i never found it to be a problem and i didnt hunt in dungeons for people. most of them were near towns but alot were also near gates was never a problem and if i didnt catch them cause of the gate i chalked it up to win some lose some... having a delay is kind of stupid, i have always wanted to be able to choose where it sent you instead of it being random....

my 2/100ths of a dollar

PostPosted: Fri May 20, 2011 9:45 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
You all complain to Bob about serpent's hold. Why not suggest to him at some point in time the moongates have a chance to send you there.

PostPosted: Sat May 21, 2011 5:08 am 

becuase there is a monster drop that already allows that. but it is super slow way to get there, and since the point of gettting there used to be 3 reasons:

1) having an extra spawn areea to look for rides

2) silver serpents used to spawn there

3) quick and easy access to the portals to everything

The only one the rare helps in is #1 since it takes so long to get there you could walk or rc to anywhere you need to go and silver serpents no longer spawn there.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 3 of 3   [ 35 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3