It is currently Sun May 12, 2024 1:39 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 6:43 pm 

With everything that has changed with polly mages it costs a lot more regs to hunt now as it is. On top of that we have mobs who cast dispel on you all the time and it really gets annoying. A fire gargoyle did it to me about 5 or 6 times in a row. I would like to see that speel rermoved from all casting mobs and npcs.

Edited title of topic please refrain form using that language

PostPosted: Wed May 11, 2011 8:56 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
agreed

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:42 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

eh, they are annoying to be sure, but i wouldn't say remove it. That's one of the only dangers polymorph faces anymore.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 1:51 pm 

I'd personally like to see poly changed to make it immune to dispel. It's kinda game-breaking to suddenly turn from a big demon to a naked squishy human mid-fight - no other game makes abilities that fallible.

Monsters removing buffs is fair enough, but demon form is a bit more than a buff - it's a class path of its own.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 2:20 pm 

Well i will not be hunting anything with magery until it is changed because it is far to irritating. I play this game to have fun not to be annoyed.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:19 pm 

Quote:
I'd personally like to see poly changed to make it immune to dispel. It's kinda game-breaking to suddenly turn from a big demon to a naked squishy human mid-fight - no other game makes abilities that fallible.

Monsters removing buffs is fair enough, but demon form is a bit more than a buff - it's a class path of its own.
I completely agree. Thats like making a spell called Silence, which enables anyone from casting magic for 10 seconds, might not seem like a big deal, but thats a huuuuge thing fora mage, thats about 100 dmg + gone.

Hell, i dont even have a mage, and i can understand why that is overpowerd

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 3:23 pm 

i agree that maybe it should be reduced a bit.

I disagree that polys should be immune to it.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:33 pm 

pollies should not be immune to it...but yes remove it from most npcs just giving it to the strongest of spell casters like bosses etc..

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:43 pm 

No.... They would be very hard to pk if dispell didint work.. Mages would not be able to touch them

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 8:11 pm 

yeah you would still have to be able to dispell them...what about if reflect worked against dispell, i know there is a weird ..which magic goes first thing there but polys only have so much mana, and cant replace it that fast. if they had to keep up to reflect along with other speels they buff with, wouldnt that make it more fair?reflect>dispell?

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:00 pm 

I have posted on this before. Going into Hythloth 4 is dangerous to start off with...even as a poly. Warriors have no chance unless in a huge group and even then it is iffy. So, usually a couple or few warriors will go with a poly mage or two. They are usually flanked by blackgates and succubus. A poly mage is usually used to draw the damage and is on the front lines.
When you are dispelled, that means you have to try and run(usually overloaded) and wall up. Walls do not last long. It takes at the minimun a minute or two to get sorted out from being dispelled. This will use several wall pots. The warriors will probably be dead or close to it by the time you get back going. Now you have to meditate(oh wait! pvmers dont have med) and drink potions to ressurect members of your group. But half way through your first spell after repolying, you get slammed with another dispel spell. Now you are more likely screwed than not.
I have seen it where I am dispelled immediately after polying up, repeatedly. On top of that, you can wall up to get sorted and have that wall dispelled and you are being cast on like mad.
I would suggest a dispel timer.
Parameters would be:
1- Only non-player triggers this
2- 300 second cool down
3- Player is immune to dispel for 300 seconds once they have been dispelled by an NPC
4- When timer expires they can be dispelled again

OR

Remove the dispel spell from NPCs but to BALANCE this, make poly mages take 10-15% more damage from spells.

This spell on NPCs is probably at least 50% of the reason I do not play anymore. If it is removed, then I would probably give it another try. Not until though as it is just too much.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:02 pm 

Quote:
pollies should not be immune to it...but yes remove it from most npcs just giving it to the strongest of spell casters like bosses etc..
So on top of the boss kicking your arse already, you want him to be able to dispel you?

Perhaps a better option would be to make small monsters dispel you so you can't pick on the little guys so easy....aka farming.
When it comes to bosses...you ARE the little guy.

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:52 pm 

Who cares if it's a danger or not? Its irritating and tedious to always have to recast to poly status and buff up only to have some noob weakling npc an ort you just like that. I can understand it totally being a danger if a pker comes but, come on. I don't really bitch about this because I haven't had a pvm mage for months now but its still happening and pretty much everyone here in the player base is asking for some lenience....

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 11:54 pm 

And if you don't understand... look at my avatar. I can do that IRL to your face. With a crotch grab and all.

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:08 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
lmao @ chemi...

buut it's pretty clear what everyone wants... sooooo
maybe the % of the time they cast that spell can be lowered? simplest fix i can think of....
and everyone wins yaaayy :)

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 22 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next