It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:49 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:36 am 

bear summoning for pvm is hurt being able to summon slower, and in pvp if you were trying to summon before it was not as easy as the 2 ppl that complained about it say, i could never get hardly any summons out before, and if i did get many out, i was almost dead becuase i spent all my time trying to get them out.
i suggest dropping it a half sec or so and/or giving them a longer life before they disappear, sounds fair to me..anyone else?

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:34 pm 

yes? anyone else bear spam for pvm?

Your complaing about your overpowered build not being powerful enough? Sorry if you cant solo chesire anymore but shit. Id hope you wouldnt be able to just sit there spamming bears one after another in pvp without having trouble.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:48 pm 

Deathwish, you complain about heal changes he complains about summon timer changes. Both are valid. Quit acting like you know exactly how the perfect PvP system is.
He is a TAMER mage, pets are a major part of his build. Bears already got slightly nerfed, and now he cant get them out as fast.
And as for your comment about him being overpowered summoning bears in PvP, i've faught Hook a decent amount of times for fun, and hes gotten me maybe once or twice, but i usually end up owning him while hes trying to get bears out and doing 0 dmg to me.
And shit, it doesnt matter if he can summon 10 bears, just put yourself in a corner and no more than 3 can hit you...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 3:59 pm 

All im saying is im sure he is still the best class for pvming. Your one of the best pvpers on here luke, i would hope you wouldnt die from someone only using mass bears for pvp. Then again, I hear he gets f***** up alot in pvp. However, this was before the change. I can see why he would want bears to be better, his build is completely dependent it on it.

In most pvp cases hook, a bear makes all the difference. Bob has made this change obviously to balance pvp more. I dont think it should be reverted back just because one class that is extremely powerful and requires no skill is now made more pvm focused.

And luke, of course im complaining about shit on this shard to encourage changes that i think would make for a better pvp system. What the f*** do you think forums are for?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 4:49 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Would be nice if you actually tried to contribute to everything about PvP Death, but you don't.

Not trying to be a dick, but after reading all your posts all you focus on is stuff that will make your build stronger even though 95% of the shard likes how poisoning works or the other topic you want changing, which I totally can't recall at the moment.

We all want this shard to have good PvP, but you have to look at everything PvP wise, no just poisoning, which like 90% or more of the shard sees as working properly.

Plus last time I checked did Bob even touch poisoning? Haven't read the changelog much and last time I checked he never touched poisoning.

Anyways, sorry for the off-topic ramble, just wanted to point this out.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:14 pm 

@nerdslayer, im not telling you to stop giving input, im telling you to quit trying to shoot other people opinions down because they dont match yours.
If you actually read my post i said both opinions are valid..
By all means keep giving opinions on things that you think would make the shard BALANCED AND FAIR. But dont throw other peoples opinions in their faces. We really need to work together to make this work because bitching back and forth wont get us very far.

Anyway, how long is your timer now hook?

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:56 pm 

oh ok sorry hook, i was a little rude.. I hope deep down you could find room in your generous heart to forgive me.
Quote:
Would be nice if you actually tried to contribute to everything about PvP Death, but you don't.

Not trying to be a dick, but after reading all your posts all you focus on is stuff that will make your build stronger even though 95% of the shard likes how poisoning works or the other topic you want changing, which I totally can't recall at the moment.

We all want this shard to have good PvP, but you have to look at everything PvP wise, no just poisoning, which like 90% or more of the shard sees as working properly.

Plus last time I checked did Bob even touch poisoning? Haven't read the changelog much and last time I checked he never touched poisoning.

Anyways, sorry for the off-topic ramble, just wanted to point this out.
I gotta disagree on you with this, Recently my posts...
Revert poisoning back - Both mages and warriors take a hit, more so casters
Remove Shrinks - Warriors and Mages take a hit, more so warriors
Leave Summoned bears cast time - More difficulty to mages
Being a tank i get f***** over on all these accounts. Only thing I asked for that would help me was to UP tank healing... This was agreed apon by all players.

When saying im trying to shape pvp to soley benefit myself the only thing i can think of us is how this shards pvp should give the edge to players with skill, not players with pvm characters.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:54 pm 

Quote:
@nerdslayer, im not telling you to stop giving input, im telling you to quit trying to shoot other people opinions down because they dont match yours.
If you actually read my post i said both opinions are valid..
By all means keep giving opinions on things that you think would make the shard BALANCED AND FAIR. But dont throw other peoples opinions in their faces. We really need to work together to make this work because bitching back and forth wont get us very far.

Anyway, how long is your timer now hook?
its around 8 seconds to cast one..my shrinks are uneffected, still 3 sec timer.
im thinking pvm here..and hook is pretty much pvm boss killer, that is his build.i would be happy with a little less time,it should not effect pvp i would think, and i am not near most powerfull build

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 3:51 pm 

Here comes my rant. I started my tamer just over 4 years ago. Before the switch, i would go to ice isle, tame all the polar bears and white bears and walk around the island killing everything. Trying to spawn more polar bears and white bears so i could gm my taming. Holy shit did that take a long time. I remember crashing the shard at least twice with how many bears i had following me. Thats when i decided on a build that would utilize bears and be pretty fn badass. Then comes the switch, now you gotta have lore taming and mager/necro to get out a lot of bears to be able to hunt or kill with.

SO with my build now, which i guarentee no one else has or has thought of, until maybe recently and my char is nearly complete, or is it? I feel like its hard enough to play the game by the rules when you know them, but when you switch them every 3, 4, 6, 12 months, it makes it near impossible. Its not like i'm gonna quit playing or anything ridiculous like that, as i have put the better part of four years into this game, but UUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any one bitching about spamming bears please, shut your pie holes. If you don't spam bears, you spam poison, or wall pots, or lightning bolt, or SOMETHING. All ya'll fuckers are pots and sayin everyone else is black. If you take the time to gm a skill, wouldn't you want it to work the way it was laid out when you started training it. GM taming, lore, and get a 80 magery, and you can cast bears fast enough to whoop some ass. Oh wait, you are too powerful, we;re gonna slow that down cuz its unfair to other chars.

WHAT?!? You mean i just spent all this time working on these skills, and making my char badass, and now your making it less badass cuz its too bad ass. But wait, everytime i see a mage out of town it goes something like this.

You see: Man/Woman
Man: An Ort
then everything goes black, the bears i was using to kill whatever it was i was killing are gone, and Ice Wyrm is now attacking my wearing underwear char. not only that but my journal continues to read like this
*enter pker name here*: In Nox
You are Deathly Ill
An Nox
fizzlee
Pk: Kal Xen
pk: All Kill
An Nox:
In Mani
pk: In nox
fizzle
pk: Por Ort Grav - x4
You are dead
you have lost huge amounts of fame

Your are such a newb
quit now

So i try to do whatever i can, i ask people, i try it out with my friends. Gotta be quick, gottabe awesome.

So until you have gm'd all the skills to do what they said they would do when you started to train, and when they changed it you were already balls deep in it so might as well continue, and then when you are so close to finishing they change it even more and now your like WTF did you just do this awesome build that i thought of ???!!!???

Being a race, I chose a build that was unique and unconventonal, and by all means should be one of the toughest builds on the shard. A poly tamer mage. Lots of hits, control oodles of bears, cast spells, smash for a lot of damage, heal a decent amount of hits (capped at 50 and i've been eating fff to see what its like.)

0 second timer for unshrinking bears may be a lil much (gm taming lore and 30 magery.) i get that. I Don't know what it was 2 weeks ago, but hook would know.
Now the casting time on summon has been slowed down, making my char weeker, and thus more eaasily pk'd. Thats what all these changes are for right, for pkrs. I see them often, and get pk'd often. So how is this for their benefit, when they already benefit. Adv Pker.

So the healing nerf, makes my char weaker, adv pker

The anatomy nerf, makes my char weaker, adv pker

thats 3 things that are giving pkers and advantage over my char, when they already have the advantage, cuz deadly poison fizzles EVERY time.

Seems like warriors and mages are getting more balanced. But what about other builds?!?

Hontestly, if i woulda known that this would be the way my build was described to me when i started doing it, I WOULDNT HAVE.

So in honesty, i don't know what is so fn fair about all the changes, my warrior and mage are pretty much the same as they were2 years ago. Just a lil more spell resistance and some skills that were at 99.8 are now 99.9 or 100. i know the spells have been nerfed, and it more closely resembles t3a in balance now, but where's the balance for the build i have been working for so lon on. I made theis build to be able to take on these poison spammers and wall spammers. And now i'm a lil fn bitter that my idea was AWESOME and you've turned it into a steaming pile of dog shit. I honestly think i deserver to transfer some skills after what you' ve done to my build.. But of course i don't exx[ect it to happen, but i do think that would be fair.

Or Maybe put summon creature casting time back to what it was, maybe aeve a lil faster, get rid of the timer betwenn summons when you get hit, or at least reduce it dractically, 8 seconds, really? that resest on every hit?

Even Hook will admit that before the nerfing he was no good at pk. Can spam poison, which is guarnteed dmg. but cant spam bears, that arent gaurenteed dmgg, and require minimum of an otherwise uselaess skill, one that you plan on gming, but won'[t reduce timer enough, one that some can only take to 50, or 80. But in order to get bears out at a decent rate, you need 2 skllls gm and one at 80, so you can at least summon polar bears.

never bring up a problem without a soulution, so those are my solutions

thats the end of my rant

ps, everyone spamms something, so i don't wanna hear shit about spamming bears.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 5:07 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
oh well heres a small tip for you sir..

if you see a pker... wall your self in... then he has to cast dispell on the wall.... this will most likely give you a 3 second buffer if u did happen to get hit with pks spells..
and if you happen to get the wall up b4 he hits you,, which i dunn see why u couldnt... u have 2 bears to start with... and there u go... and your not dispelled.... u have multi bears out.. maybe even 3 or 4 if it takes a sec for them to cast an grav

also try carrying 3-4 shrunk grizzlies,, so mass an ort wont wtf poon u and the whole wall strategy lol....

also cure pots tend to work for the poisoning issue.... + attacking them with magery would help also..

just saying..... if every pk happened like thaaat for u ummm its not a balance issue.. its a tactical issue on your part..

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:22 pm 

Yeah, i've PKd him a couple times and he goes down like a sack of potatoes :lol:
Its hard defending against a mage on a PvMer though, always has been.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:27 pm 
Site Admin

Well here's one solution that'll allow for all the issues here:

No more control limits, instead a minimum skill required to control certain animal types(higher the animal, the higher you need to control it).
Magery casting time for summon creature will go back to one summon success per 20 seconds.
The time between unshrinks will depend on how strong the animal is, you can spam rabbits but bears will be slow.

This way tamers can amass an army, but people can't insta-unshrink one.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 6:33 pm 

Just a note the old taming stones did have a use of animal lore. I doubt anyone knew that or noticed it.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:23 pm 

@dygytylace
try working a build for like 5 yrs to get it totally f'd by a few smalll changes in the game. or was it 6 yrs i was working on that char? i dunno

shit like that happens all the time deal with it. and if you crash the server kinda proves the point there needs to be a limit...

PostPosted: Sun Jan 09, 2011 8:51 pm 

Quote:
oh well heres a small tip for you sir..

if you see a pker... wall your self in... then he has to cast dispell on the wall.... this will most likely give you a 3 second buffer if u did happen to get hit with pks spells..
and if you happen to get the wall up b4 he hits you,, which i dunn see why u couldnt... u have 2 bears to start with... and there u go... and your not dispelled.... u have multi bears out.. maybe even 3 or 4 if it takes a sec for them to cast an grav

also try carrying 3-4 shrunk grizzlies,, so mass an ort wont wtf poon u and the whole wall strategy lol....

also cure pots tend to work for the poisoning issue.... + attacking them with magery would help also..

just saying..... if every pk happened like thaaat for u ummm its not a balance issue.. its a tactical issue on your part..
Mass Dispel dispels everything, wall, self and bears included.

so i drop a grizz, take a poiison tick dmg, and i got 8 seconds before i cand drop another

use magery spells, like i was told to use magic aroow and cast it over and over, so i did, while i fizzle and take poison dmg, use pots, cast cure, while i'm bein taken down by a grizz with no armor on.

Of course i go down like a sack of potatoes. You all spam poison on a frickin poly. And i would too. SO pretty much i'm either trying to heal or cure with no armor on while you i'm getting rapeed. Tactics aside, mages rape poly's wit hno prob.

When i t comes to my warrior, mages can spam poison all day, for one i havea a high enough helaing and anat that i cure, and i heal ever 4-5 second, instead of every 15. Plus 0 armor, you tend to take a lot of damage from sources, especially with no buffs like reactice armor and protection.

I'm not sayin i'm awesome at defending pks, as i am not, but i will get better, but itas a chess game and right now i feel likei have a few pawns against a lineup of queens. Especially after the new nerfing

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 28 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next