It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:43 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next
 Post subject: I think its unbalanced
PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:15 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
somethings in the new system seemed to be very easy to me:

1. Alchemy doesn't fail anymore now, especially -stats potts which seemed to be unbalanced, and i heard that Blacksmithing doesnt fail too.

2. Some skills need to be harder just like "Meditation, Alchemy, Taming and Magery" maybe someothers.

3. Gaining stats to over than 100 is really RIDICULOUS, ppl can gain to 120 str/dex with some skills, that is breaking down the economy of fishers.

4. Resisting is easy to gain, but i won't say much here because ppl are complaining on this alot, but i'm telling them "Go hunt and try?"

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 7:46 am 

i havn't had any luck hunting and getting resist gains..
i think there is some core problem there.. maybe only certain spells give u gains idk

as far as smithing goes... i came back to this game.. and i find out my gm blacksmith is now 90.1

since my return i have built it back up a few points..
from what i have seen I dont think there is a problem with smithing/mineing at all
you may not fail but in a whole the crafting process of both has been slowed down dramaticly... mineing now takes twice as long as before..

i started training an alchy.. and tbh.. i think the skill gains fine.. i dont really have a problem with it
as for fails.. well.. idk..
i kinda like how it is..

i havn't had much luck on gaining my stats over like 110
i think with stealth i gained my dex up to 115.. but at that point a gain was so rare it was pretty worthless to sit and try to get more out of it.. only reason i was training stealth in the first place was because i needed the skill

and on my miner its about the same thing.. maybe 110 str and i been using the hell out of her since i got back
i dont really have a problem with gaining over 100 either

the problem with the economy maher is that there are no new players.. or even people to make new chars to build..
everyone has their own crafters and tons of shit to go along with it.. for the economy u need a wave of new players.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:08 am 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
i agree with 1 and 3

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 8:28 am 

gaining stat over 100 kinda sucks , not a big fan there....can we get a resist on /off command, 0-30 you gain at mad speed but after 30 it dies fast. hard to gain after that.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:31 am 

Agree with suggestion 1 & disagree with suggestion 2.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:11 am 

I totally disagree with number 4 as I've spent hours and hours hunting on Elektra and I'm lucky to get 0.1 a hour.... I've also had players casting on me and over 5000 fireballs and I only got 0.1. IMO it shouldn't even be this hard at 99 never mind where I'm at now

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:52 pm 

Now that I have a chance to be on a computer I would like to elaborate as to why I disagree with 2.

Meditation: apparently meditation is still pretty difficult to gain by some players. The only reason some people are GMing the skill so quickly is because they are constantly AFK macroing the skill as a Necromancer. Of course the skill seems easy in your opinion because your training it on your Necromancer. All you have to do is set a macro to cast a spell (that only requires mana), set a macro to run for meditation as well, and BAM, you train your meditation like crazy. I have seen fairly easy gains with meditation, but I believe meditation this way is a lot better than what it was in t3a.

Alchemy I wont speak about because I never really have trained it and don't know how it worked in t3a.

Animal Taming: I feel that taming is at a good balanced level gain than what it was in t3a. Gains were fairly easy as well to gain in t3a, but most of the time you had to train on ONE single animal to reach a single goal and then macro your ass off until GM. That is not the way taming should be IMO. I like the fact that if you go around Obsidian and tame EVERYTHING you see you are rewarded for that with good gains. I don't see why if you gain a little more taming that in t3a that means its too 'easy.' Last time I checked Bob was kind of apposed to macroing a skill, and this solves the issue by being rewarded with nice gains for countless hours of taming ALL animals.

Magery: Magery was a lot easier to train in t3a than it is now to train in t4a. I don't see how magery is any easier now than what it was back then. You could GM magery in under a week in t3a with a simple macro to run fireball (same time GM healing, and train Resist). Now in t4a you have to work your way up a ladder attempting the highest spell you can do to gain and reach GM. Sometimes the next level is so far apart that your stuck using a useless spell that takes forever to gain 0.1. Magery, although still not an easy task to gain, is okay where it is now, and if changed, people won't bother training magery anymore.

END!

P.S. I also agree with suggestion 3!

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:17 pm 

magery was never easier in t3a than now.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:05 pm 

Quote:
magery was never easier in t3a than now.
Actually it was if you could GM the skill with a spell that could be found in circles 1-3. Now you can still GM it that way, but by the time that has happened you have wasted several months. The only way to efficiently GM the skill is to use the highest spell at your skill level, and even then, getting the gains aren't that easy.

Overall, magery in t3a was easier than the magery in t4a IMO.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:12 pm 

i gmed it using cure way back when....

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:19 pm 

u mean "with cheaper resources", but the gain rate wasn't faster than it is now.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:23 pm 

gain rate was nothing then youd get like 1.0 in as many spells so it averages out to about the same if you ask me...

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:27 pm 

well, maybe magery and resist aren't easy, but i'm sure Taming is MUCH easier than it was.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 3:28 pm 

i havn't trained magery to the full extent on this new system but i do have a char i will be somewhat training ill have to wait to comment till then.. because my pvp mage is close to gm and my polly mage is gm

taming i think now (from what i am hearing) is just more usefull in its training process and enjoyable..
before..u basicly had to macro ur ass off on it in a very boreing way..
i think the new taming system is better

one thing i dont think should be done is to make any skill harder to train
it only promotes ppl to have a less enjoyable experience and afk macro

i do think resist spells needs to be made easier to gain
on my polly mage i have like 80 resist or sometihng like taht im not quite certain and since my return i have done quite a bit of hunting on that char and have yet to get any resist gains i do believe..
on my necro which i have also hunted on alot.. i have 50.1 resist.. lol.. started at 50
i think there is something broken on resist gains

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 5:21 pm 

I dont agree with the resist thing, It is Extremely hard to gain resist i hunted alot on my characters and i dont gain from hunting. Only time i gain is during pvp and thats rarely maybe 1 gain per month.. Idk what your talking about.

Rest i agree with. Althought i dont want crafting skills to be made so it fails more, i do think it succeds alot.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 27 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next