It is currently Fri May 10, 2024 1:36 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]
 Post subject: stat gain idea
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 4:53 pm 

can we maybe put a timer on stat gains? like, you cant gain any one stat more than once every 5 min. i think this would eliminate extreme gains during pvp.

i gained like 15 or so int gains in a 20 min fight(not cool). say if you were fighting and you got a gain, there would be a 5 min stop on gains. the "points" (or whatever determines when you get a gain) would still be added up like normal, but the gain wouldnt be added till the 5 min was up. this way, during the fight, you could pay attn to the fight, instead of stats.

you would stil get the gains, but they would be spread out so you could manage them...so i would still get all the gains but not all at once.....and i wouldnt have to carry like 5 -int pots on me just for 1 fight.

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

Post subject: Re: stat gain idea
PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 5:31 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
but then u would get it all at once after the timer is up...how about balance the stat gains for each skill like stealth instead of 60 int and 80 dex as the caps maybe make it 80 dex 30 int...i put 20 int on my warrior and haven't gained int for a long time...and im still training anatomy so its not that bad.... mages i think are still in the clear since they wrestle only when polly and wouldnt gain much dex in normal form through pvp because they are always moving.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 6:36 pm 

Would make it annoying to train new characters in that you KNOW it wont gain for 5 minutes...not much is more satisfying than seeing stat gains happen a couple or few times in a row.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 4:39 am 

Quote:
but then u would get it all at once after the timer is up...how about balance the stat gains for each skill like stealth instead of 60 int and 80 dex as the caps maybe make it 80 dex 30 int...i put 20 int on my warrior and haven't gained int for a long time...and im still training anatomy so its not that bad.... mages i think are still in the clear since they wrestle only when polly and wouldnt gain much dex in normal form through pvp because they are always moving.
its not the caps that are so much the prob here....its the speed of how fast they gain....i gained 15 int points in 20 min fight. you dont have much time to look to see if your stats are right, worse i was fighting a mage so he was casting curse on me and i was buffing str or dex, so you can never tell what the hell your real stats are at any givin moment.

and max, your saying you dont like it becuase of that geeky moment when you get more than one gain in 5 min, and your jumping for joy? LOL....if i would have got a stat gain every 5 min when i was noob, i would have been super happy!

and im saying per stat too btw

so you could get 1 of each stats gain in any given 5 min.

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 2:16 pm 

The last time i hunted i almost over capped in about 10 minutes when i started at like 1 int. Not sure if they are the same now but they were just way to many period. Int should only gain fast on skills like anat, stealh etc. not on melee skills.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:35 pm 

Falin...whoopidy doo...
Take your geeky moment and stat gains and shove them up your ass.

Maybe come up with a real suggestion....such as potions that buff intelligence. Then you can take those to avoid overcapping during fights. You should take one or two of those anyways to avoid making more stupid comments.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 23, 2010 6:56 pm 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

I think I mentioned something like this before, but heres my suggestion.

I'd like to see a logarithmic dynamic system that reduces stat gains across the board as you get closer to your stat cap.

for example: with a stat cap of 290, if you have 200 total stats you might gain a 1 stat every 100 swings, if you have 280 you might gain 1 stat every 500 swings, and if you have 289 you might gain 1 stat every 1500 swings.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:09 am 

Quote:
Falin...whoopidy doo...
Take your geeky moment and stat gains and shove them up your ass.

Maybe come up with a real suggestion....such as potions that buff intelligence. Then you can take those to avoid overcapping during fights. You should take one or two of those anyways to avoid making more stupid comments.
WOW, i didnt realize you were such a dick! i appareently struck a huge nerve, especially when im joking around a little with you.

oh and yes, that is soooooooo much better a sugestion, potions that buff your int. becuase you should have to sit and watch your stats every 10 secs even though you cant tell what your base stats are at. and another potion timer to mess with would be awesome!

im glad there are ppl like you that can come on here and tell us stupid ppl, just how stupid we are....git r done!

Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 2:22 am 
Im with Falin on this one theres no need to be a dick about it a suggestion is a suggestion. int pots wud be silly also because mages with have a redic ammount of int i ahve 160 on my mage the put wud make it 175ish plus a buff on int ill have liek 190-200 int lmao yea lets get some int pots :P

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 11:26 am 

Now in my opinion what we really need to do (and should have done a long time ago) is go to the root cause of this and nerf INT gains from resisting spells.

As it stands I always found it quite ridiculous to gain a large amount of a non-prime requisite stat (eg INT on a Warrior) by having someone casting on you.

This is compounded by the fact that we do not have stat locks on Obsidian. We don't want those, so we should really look at the INT gains from the above.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 24, 2010 12:56 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
selling - int if anyone needs some..... LOL

but ya i agree with thass.
+ i would think it takes ALOT of profit away from pVMING warriors,, ,to the point there isnt alot of pvming

PostPosted: Sat Jul 03, 2010 7:13 pm 

I agree with thass but i think it is more than resisting spells, stat draining etc are good for retarded stat gains maybe make it so you can't gain while your stats are drained?

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 12 posts ]