It is currently Wed May 29, 2024 1:23 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]
 Post subject: Wow
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:29 am 

Bot Check: GAMER
Well I went hunting with my girlfriend.... typical hunt until out of nowhere we both died over and over again.... to skeletons..

I read the changelog and noticed there was some kind of brilliant way to make monsters harder when standing stationary.. welp, with my noob char with 100 str, reactive armor, protection and bless casted on me "which brought me to 112 str" I DIED with two shots from a skeleton archer doing about 50 damage per shot. Please remove this change or re calculate some formulas because at this time, I cannot hunt or train archery which involves standing still while I shoot *leaving me open to instant death pretty much*

-Jester

Post subject: Re: Wow
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 6:31 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

omg that sounds shitty.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 7:25 am 

Yea Skeles at Cove GY are doing 23 dmg. lol

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:37 am 

I had the same problem yesterday. Was training my poly and fighting a skeleton Knight. Had over 150 hits. i literally picked up my cup of coffee took a sip and was dead before i could put it down. Yes, i was standing in one spot for a minute as the skele knight takes a minute to kill. Making training my poly very discouraging. Wasn't quite sure why i died all of a sudden until i read this post.

So please, get rid of it or revamp it as right now it sux for us that aren't afk'rs.

Not that we don't appreciate all your hard work but this one is a bite in the ass.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:08 am 

I was talking about this at the bank with 2 other people, we are all having problems with monsters hitting rediciously hard, Id like to see this taken out all together... most people need to stand still to do things.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:24 am 

so if i stand still for one second due to lag or whatever reason the monster I am fighting is gonna do double it's damage? seems that way..this will turn players away if they cant even stand still to try to fix their inventory look for bandies they might have misplaced etc...and get killed...before i knew about this stationary thing I got raped by two wraiths cuz i was standing still in less then 10 seconds i was about 5% health well u know the outcome...

In my final words BOB remove this shit..cuz its affecting pvm in a huge way very huge way...i can understand not standing still cuz of AFK but this game isnt like mordern games....first off most dungeons and pvm areas arent open wide u expect me to run around in circles and gather the attention of even stronger npcs???Graveyards have the most open space for pvm so imagine always having to click ur mouse to avoid getting owned.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:27 am 

if monsters start hitting you harder because they start reading your defenses or whatever...shouldn't the opposite be true as well? your character should start hitting harder too because you start reading their defense. I mean thats how alot of adventure-type games are like with bosses and enemies and such. You learn the patterns to get the best hit.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:59 am 

agreed

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 11:54 am 
Site Admin

I fixed it, there was a bug in the code where the server wasn't noticing the monsters moving, so they'd just continuously get stronger.
Apparently the server has a hard time thinking in two dimensions. :D

All fixed now, sorry about the bug.
And no, currently monsters gain at a rate of 1% per hit. so it would take 100 hits to double the damage.
So it's a VERY very small amount, and it won't alter most combat too much since lots of moving reduces it to normal combat.

It only really has an affect when people get swarmed. :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 3:29 pm 

its much better now thanks!

Look 8) at my post count :D

PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 4:26 pm 

Thanks for catching that one quick :)

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 11 posts ]