It is currently Sun May 05, 2024 12:50 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:27 am 

true... took me 4 weeks to fully train my pvm mage... i remember i poofed for one day still when i first pollied demon... (of course i had other characters that supplied all he needed, all i needed to do was to train him)

Vlad Smithy [GM Smith, GM Miner]
Lars Turms [GM Alchemist, GM Tamer]

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 10:33 am 

Quote:
true... took me 4 weeks to fully train my pvm mage... i remember i poofed for one day still when i first pollied demon... (of course i had other characters that supplied all he needed, all i needed to do was to train him)
That's the way to do it. You don't train any kind of mage if all you have is a noob warrior who can't kill elems or have like 20k in your bank account. Mages are a priviledge to those who have invested some time in the game and already have the necessary resources to train a good mage.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 3:54 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Obsidian has never been a shard for those looking for instant gratification. Other shards you can afk macro a gm fisher overnight and then what become a millionare, buy 3 houses and hang out. Maybe kill a cpl of monsters or PvP with an expensive armour cuz you can afk another 1 tomorrow if you lose it. Obs has a unique economy because of the time it takes to GM skills like fishing and mining/smithing. The PvM and PVP scene is unique because of the time and resources it takes to train a fighter char. If you could train a kick ass warrior/mage in like an hour or w/e then be killing the toughest monster on the shard a 1/2 hour later whats the point of that? In the end it is worth it, I have trained all 5 of my chars now and the least of them(my tamer) is 3 x GM soon to be 4.
The thing is there are ALOT of people that simply turn on an external macro program and its like you dont even have to play to train your skills. Just gotta be sitting somewhere around your computer.. I mean the ones who did it totally by hand or with ingame macros are 90% of people and 90% of them end up quitting because its ridiculous training here unless you use tricks or external macros. Like your herding 8 bears into a building shit. I mean you did that because it was too hard to do the other way, and you and cv both admitted that yourselves in the rule 23 thread so...

For one i think skills should gain a little faster and that external macro programs shouldnt be allowed at all... and MED should gain auto.... As 95% of people who have it GMed have afked it..

Or hey if your gonna allow external programs then how about making a tutorial for all the new players that come and have no idea how to set that kinda thing up....

Seriously is this shard gonna be about training which is basically the same as working a boring as job 8 hours a day - or fun...

Decide...

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:06 am 

Quote:
Quote:
Obsidian has never been a shard for those looking for instant gratification. Other shards you can afk macro a gm fisher overnight and then what become a millionare, buy 3 houses and hang out. Maybe kill a cpl of monsters or PvP with an expensive armour cuz you can afk another 1 tomorrow if you lose it. Obs has a unique economy because of the time it takes to GM skills like fishing and mining/smithing. The PvM and PVP scene is unique because of the time and resources it takes to train a fighter char. If you could train a kick ass warrior/mage in like an hour or w/e then be killing the toughest monster on the shard a 1/2 hour later whats the point of that? In the end it is worth it, I have trained all 5 of my chars now and the least of them(my tamer) is 3 x GM soon to be 4.
The thing is there are ALOT of people that simply turn on an external macro program and its like you dont even have to play to train your skills. Just gotta be sitting somewhere around your computer.. I mean the ones who did it totally by hand or with ingame macros are 90% of people and 90% of them end up quitting because its ridiculous training here unless you use tricks or external macros. Like your herding 8 bears into a building s***. I mean you did that because it was too hard to do the other way, and you and cv both admitted that yourselves in the rule 23 thread so...

For one i think skills should gain a little faster and that external macro programs shouldnt be allowed at all... and MED should gain auto.... As 95% of people who have it GMed have afked it..

Or hey if your gonna allow external programs then how about making a tutorial for all the new players that come and have no idea how to set that kinda thing up....

Seriously is this shard gonna be about training which is basically the same as working a boring as job 8 hours a day - or fun...

Decide...
I gm'd med and ask staff if i afk'd it ... of course having 2 screens helped me out a little as i could watch dozens of movies and keep an eye out... but hey

Vlad Smithy [GM Smith, GM Miner]
Lars Turms [GM Alchemist, GM Tamer]

-Friedrich Nietzsche

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:40 am 
Shard Supporter (Donated)
Shard Supporter (Donated)

Quote:
I gm'd med and ask staff if i afk'd it ... of course having 2 screens helped me out a little as i could watch dozens of movies and keep an eye out... but hey
That doesn't always work. :( I also have two screens and was talking in irc about obs and didnt respond fast enough and was raped for being afk for 1 min because I was typing in the other screen. Sometimes staff need to think about the fact not all of us are nerds. I am the look at kb and use two fingers to type kinda person. :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 11:52 am 

Quote:
Unlike you emos
Stop right there motherfucker, I'm the only emo up in this bitch, call them by something better..

BTW - you say you're not a nerd but your screenname is "Coder"? LAL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:44 pm 

Well afk is one thing and then there are external macro programs so you dont have to hit a key every 5 secs (or at all actually).. And im pretty sure you did use those... And that is like |-| <-this close to the ease that afk macroing is.

Lysol-former
Maximus-former
Dracula-former
Kuka
Bl8dinc4K3

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 2:05 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Unlike you emos
Stop right there motherfucker, I'm the only emo up in this lover, call them by something better..

BTW - you say you're not a nerd but your screenname is "Coder"? LAL
By the way coder, take no offence to him, hes like this with every one, every one has blocked him out.

30 minutes a day is little, I'd say if you can find an hour a day, then its worth it, but 30 minutes a day takes for ever!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 3:15 pm 

Yahoo Messenger: N/A
My motivation thats keeping me here is my freinds

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 5:35 pm 

lmao ashes you selfish self harming motherf :lol: ... surely u have some brothers in arms (...slicing..) around here? :lol: maybe even a few closet emos...

Anyways, Motivation for playin...believe it or not obsidian is the closest thing in terms of features that i could find similar to the uo shards i remember many moons ago except for one or two things (basically just the features we have disabled for being buggy or what not, long term players will know what i mean) - and even with recent criticisms i still likes it here :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:18 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Unlike you emos that sit on your ass and play UO all day. I have a family and a job. I can't play Obsi for 12 hours. I get a half hour to an hour a day to play. Its not being lazy you dumb f***. Its called a life. Try it out sometime you will like it.

If I played for 12 hours a day I could GM anythihng also. But you people still have not told me your motivation. You just attacked me. So tell me why you waste your whole life playing a game.

It would take over 1000 hours to GM a skill to 100. Is that not just f****** out right stupid!!!!
I have a family and a job as well. And i can't play 12 hours a day either, I never attacked you at all, I just said obs is what it is you are either going to love it or you are not going to like it at all. I wouldn't say that taking a long time to Gm a skill is out right stupid but if you feel that strongly about it maybe obs isn't the right game for you.

And you're right Thorfin there isn't much of a PvP scene right now. And i don't ever use my warrior for much nowadays anyway. When I PvP it is with my PvP mage and when i PvM it's with that mage. So i don't ever carry weapons of any kind on me, and myth sets are cheap as hell anyway.
Maybe your right. but I think i'll not give up yet. I allways hated shards that let you GM everything in one day. And now I'm bitching its to hard. I'm just being rude I guess. I was a little agravated at the time of this post.
Yea i played here as my first shard and i went to another one and i gm all the skills in 1-2 weeks was no challenge this shard is probley most challenging shard.

-Btw Try to keep the flaming down

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 6:36 pm 

Quote:
lmao ashes you selfish self harming motherf :lol: ... surely u have some brothers in arms (...slicing..) around here? :lol: maybe even a few closet emos...
more than possible my friend.. more than possible.. :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:28 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
I have a family and a job as well. And i can't play 12 hours a day either, I never attacked you at all, I just said obs is what it is you are either going to love it or you are not going to like it at all. I wouldn't say that taking a long time to Gm a skill is out right stupid but if you feel that strongly about it maybe obs isn't the right game for you.

And you're right Thorfin there isn't much of a PvP scene right now. And i don't ever use my warrior for much nowadays anyway. When I PvP it is with my PvP mage and when i PvM it's with that mage. So i don't ever carry weapons of any kind on me, and myth sets are cheap as hell anyway.
Maybe your right. but I think i'll not give up yet. I allways hated shards that let you GM everything in one day. And now I'm bitching its to hard. I'm just being rude I guess. I was a little agravated at the time of this post.
Yea i played here as my first shard and i went to another one and i gm all the skills in 1-2 weeks was no challenge this shard is probley most challenging shard.

-Btw Try to keep the flaming down
No doubt.

I can be blunt sometimes.

Huh huh huh huh I said "blunt". :roll:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:59 pm 

My motivation was to gm mining and blacksmithing. now i dont know rly what to go for.. i dont find fighting nor most crafter/trade skills to be all that fun. Guess its the connections to ppl ive made that keeps me online as much as I can be.

*Coder i enjoy yer profile pic* \oo/

I game on Ubuntu!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 3:16 am 

Quote:
My motivation was to gm mining and blacksmithing.
But what was your motivation for actualy putting in the effort to gm it is what hes wondering... like things like that...

---
Anyways coder, its an online mmorpg, so theirs interactivity between people from all around the world, you get to meet some jerks like emo, and some intersting other people.
So you can stay to meet new people, or for the game.
If you dont enjoy the game, but you enjoy the people that play this very game, then play.
And if you hate the people that play this game, but like the game, play and train your guy to pvp all the people you hate.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 5   [ 69 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next