It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 1:00 pm

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]
 Post subject: Blacksmithy weapons
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 5:47 pm 

I think blacksmith crafted weapons should work like bowcraft.
Also keep in mind that the best crafted bows are equivalent to +10 bows.

Something like this
Iron
Rusty- Reduced weight
Bronze- Durable
Gold +1
Shadow +2
Mythril +3 and does not unequip with spells. Tank weapons.
Agapite +4
Verite +5
Valorite +6
Silver +7 with extra dmg to undead and vampires
Rose +8
Blackrock +9 or 10 and durable
Bloodrock +9 or 10 and auto repair so pretty much a permanent vanq wep.

Warriors would be able to have decent non magic weapons without much trouble and if this was in place you could make weps drop less but be magic every time or a lot more.

Post subject: Re: Blacksmithy weapons
PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 8:38 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Agreed

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2015 10:39 pm 

I like it

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:12 am 

I like it too....but I would somehow add in another ingredient ...that would replace armor drops....that a crafter would have to use to make these and are only huntable. Same with archery. Only problem with all of this is that hunting weapons would be pointless without a overhaul to the dropped weapons. A lightning weapon of might or force would be pretty much worthless

Hook(Daemons)-Mild mannered reporter/Tamer
Mr.Obvious-SUPER Crafter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 11:09 am 

Quote:
I like it too....but I would somehow add in another ingredient ...that would replace armor drops....that a crafter would have to use to make these and are only huntable. Same with archery. Only problem with all of this is that hunting weapons would be pointless without a overhaul to the dropped weapons. A lightning weapon of might or force would be pretty much worthless
+1

You basically ruin hunting.

That's why bows and xbows should be tweaked.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 1:31 pm 

weapons drop can be magical

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 2:49 pm 

Quote:
weapons drop can be magical
ur retarded, can't you read what Falin just said?

If I have a Vanq blackrock wep, why the hell would I care getting a +3 lighting wep? The vanq will be powerful anyways, and it will be much easier to obtain.

This will f*** up the whole system, you'd had to rewrite the whole f****** game, when in 5 years we have only accomplished a patch to fix necro firewhips.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 16, 2015 3:31 pm 

Warriors could use a little nudge up.
Also this actually isn't even as OP as bowcraft, because they have regular, "superior" and "exceptional" items which means they can take tunstesch logs (the equivalent of like shadow) and make an exceptional bow better than vanq.

I'd say a +3 lightning wep is equal or better than a regular vanq, but yeah like I suggested in my first post make weps drop less but make them magical a lot more or every time. Weapon drops already need to be tweaked everyone says so, and weapons are pretty much just the added bonus to hunting all the other crap we need anyway, since they cant be counted on. Valorite is set at +6 on that scale, which isn't too strong and probably what you would see a lot of. Bloodrock is rare and the time it would take to get enough to make a wep would be a lot, and then theres the fact that most people wont be brave enough to leave town with anything higher than valorite, and that's a fact.

Maybe lower them so the best is +7 or 8 with weps and bows, so that the best (vanq) has to be hunted and of course the magical aspect of hunted weps.

Yeah there could be something additional, like you could only craft weapons if you have the corresponding anvil, or just a higher one, as in you could craft anything on a bloodrock anvil but with a verite anvil you could only go verite and below. Would take a decent investment to make the best weps, don't know how that would translate to bowcraft though. Also could be hunted "plans" or w/e for weps or special gems that are needed that are semi rare or the handle for the wep w/e doesn't matter what it is.
Or a quest just for weaponsmiths(and bowcrafters) that learn how to make the next best kind one at a time to unlock the ability.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 10:58 am 

Bonuses on crafted weapons sounds interesting, but I think your scale may be a bit off. I don't think +1 should even start at gold. Maybe a rank or two higher.

Also this: "and does not unequip with spells. Tank weapons." <- Oh HELL NO. Got to use both hands to make proper gestures to cast a spell. Period.

But on the other hand this: "Silver with extra dmg to undead and vampires" <- Silver has always had extra dmg to undead, but extra damage to vampires is a VERY cool new idea IMO

PostPosted: Thu Jun 18, 2015 5:49 pm 

Quote:
Bonuses on crafted weapons sounds interesting, but I think your scale may be a bit off. I don't think +1 should even start at gold. Maybe a rank or two higher.

Also this: "and does not unequip with spells. Tank weapons." <- Oh HELL NO. Got to use both hands to make proper gestures to cast a spell. Period.

But on the other hand this: "Silver with extra dmg to undead and vampires" <- Silver has always had extra dmg to undead, but extra damage to vampires is a VERY cool new idea IMO

Too bad everyone would want to get rid of their vamp since they are broken :o

PostPosted: Mon Apr 17, 2017 12:44 pm 

bump

PostPosted: Tue Apr 18, 2017 3:50 pm 

I'm in favour of the system we have in place. I agree that magical effects need to be tweaked but weapon crafting would negatively impact PVE. Players are encouraged to group up and tackle stronger enemies in hopes of better loot, take that away and your left with PKers and crafters.

I see why you think you its unfair that there is a craft for ranged weps and not melee but when you consider the different weapon styles each melee class has compared to ranged, archery needs it. However, Fencing could use more weapons.

I don't know anyone who has GMed lumberjack but if you do craft a GM bow it shouldn't be any stronger than +7. Cool concept if it was balanced, just seems like a big patch that isn't required for re-release.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 4:48 am 

I think we are forgetting here the time and effort it would take to even find enough bloodrock to make a sword or whatever. So it is not like everyone would be running around with a +9. I don't think we should make them auto repair tho because then eventually everyone will have one. Repairable yes and maybe make it so after a certain number of repairs they get weaker and eventually break.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 21, 2017 8:22 am 

Yeah but even getting a +7 weapon is rare now (which is good). Been killing high luck mobs for a week now only to find armour drops (which is bad). You make a good point but I don't think we should do anything to discourage PVM as it makes up the livelihood of the game. I know for myself, I would just make a miner and stop hunting.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 14 posts ]