It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 12:39 pm

Forum locked Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next
 Post subject: Re: PvP Tournament 2015
PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 12:00 pm 

Bot Check: GAMER
Well I think unshrinking timers are broken, mine keep resetting every time I am hit atleast it was when I was hunting... So i ended up having to run away to unshrink because it was so bad. Im not sure if summoning has that same bug. Either way its annoying lol

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 1:30 pm 

Quote:
Quote:
that was very stupid Zyon to change a rule after posting it already
anyways didn't u ever held/joined a event before? how can u make it easy for mages to spam bears??? you guys should be updated with pvp tactics and other shit.. you are supposed to be obsidian STAFF!!
Take it easy. Zyon NEW staff. Give him a while to learn the ropes.
oh really? is it that simple to you? just like when you made a new player quit the game while he was very interested and excited to play it??
I'm talking about Ree when you jailed him by mistake for days instead of jailing raptor, while Ree was participating in an event and enjoying fighting at finals, then u simply told him "sorry i can't unjail players, and good night i wanna sleep right now" then left him for days in jail until he quit.

I think you guys need to be more helpful than this instead of banning, punishing or being so provocative to players.. i just saw how u banned Mammoth today or yesterday, so i know what i'm talking about..
and then u told apocalypse "go report me if u dont like" instead of pointing out shit.

AND I'm really not giving much caring about this tournament,, i'm at army now and i might not be able to play it all, but yesterday i saw my brother speaking to Echo and complaining about Zyon changing the rules of the event after confirming and posting it "without taking votes", and that he spent a lot of time to get his char ready for this tournament and was excited to have some fun, but at the end he got pissed.
Echo just replied "so are you mad because he listened to venom and didn't listen to you?" and then left so quickly..
Like he doesn't even give a shit about it.

I am not really sure if you are going to ban me after this, or just come back saying so simply "try to help this shard grow up instead of bitching"
it's 2015 dudes!! you have been saying that since i was in 7th grade when my brother used to teach me how to write a post in English with good grammar on forums..

Finally all i want to say is that you should make updates instead, give some efforts with the new staff and get them on the right track, make good events with good codes, no fake promises and being more helpful to the players.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 2:58 pm 
Staff

Quote:
oh really? is it that simple to you? just like when you made a new player quit the game while he was very interested and excited to play it??
I'm talking about Ree when you jailed him by mistake for days instead of jailing raptor, while Ree was participating in an event and enjoying fighting at finals, then u simply told him "sorry i can't unjail players, and good night i wanna sleep right now" then left him for days in jail until he quit.
Yes, exactly like that. I had never had to use the jail command before and in doing so did not realize I could not "unjail". Higher staff wasn't around to help immediately. I apologized up and down for that and felt terrible about it. I am also not the first staff to make such a mistake.
Quote:
I think you guys need to be more helpful than this instead of banning, punishing or being so provocative to players.. i just saw how u banned Mammoth today or yesterday, so i know what i'm talking about..
and then u told apocalypse "go report me if u dont like" instead of pointing out shit.
Mammoth is not banned from the game. He is only temp-banned from the forums. Also, I did point out that Echo had already requested he stop posting negative stuff over and over. And yes, I've explained all I will explain on that. Anyone is welcome to report me to GM Bob if they feel this is greatly unfair.

Now please, continue with the tournament discussion.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 4:55 pm 

Few things here...
@ Maher, since YOU don't have a mage that can summon you don't think ANYONE else should be able to use the advantage? Almost every event I've been in the last year or so has been "no summons no poly" and I still win almost every time, to say mages need them to stand a chance is just false, but if it helps me to win I will do it. Haven is the place to try new tactics not the official PvP tournament. I will gladly dual in town or at haven to try new things anytime! And for the record, bears are so easy to kill especially if you use poison and explode potions. A warrior can kill a bear in 3-4 hits. People get their asses handed to them and think its unfair but in reality they just aren't doing very well in PvP...

@ Albert - im not going to go digging through the changelog to find it but there is a post somewhere about how when you get hit the unsrhink timer starts over at like 5 seconds? So yes I suppose that is an advantage a mage gets from summon, but summons are dispellable and fizzleable so it balances out.

@ gaffer -nobody voted for no poly, though Im sure you would've all done so. Nobody voted for no summons but that's what you want, so you think we should only vote when its something you don't like? He changed the rules from "no polymorph" to include no summons, after it was already set up, apparently because maher pressured him to have the rules the way he liked them. It was not set up like that in the beginning! He changed the rules to include summons because my point was valid, it was indeed unfair to only some of the players. When the original post came, there were NO RULES POSTED, he only included no polymorph after ambient asked, and then summons after someone else asked, he was just trying to keep people happy, but obviously you cant keep everyone pleased because its a conflict of interests. Like I said earlier, to make it way simpler for everyone, NEXT TIME DECIDE THE RULES BEFORE PEOPLE ARE ALLOWED TO ENTER! It matters very much what our limitations are. My only problem was that if you're going to allow shrinks you need to allow summons too, because they are basically the same thing. If its really such a problem I don't care if you remove them but if you do then it needs to be NO PETS PERIOD (except race powers, that must stay)

And my opinion on kraken is that he doesnt do extreme abuse, but I've felt like he purposefully has shafted me in events quite a few times, whether it was on my 1st place prize(I don't think that's just me though I think he generally gives out crappy prizes but I still come because I like the events) or making the rules limit me over everyone else(no summons no poly). Oh and also he stopped an event one time after 1 round of me getting ganked in like 10 seconds and losing (for once) and didn't want to do anymore and posted it on forums, but many times when I won he didn't post anything, not that that really even matters, just seems like people are fed up with me winning all the time :lol:
BUT, other than that he seems to do a good job and I would leave him as staff.

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:07 pm 

no poly and no summons is a thing that should be done in any events, and that's what i asked Zyon before i even sign-up..

and i'm sure you or maher or anybody who has been through pvp in t4a knows what im talking about..

and i'm not talking about being able to kill bears easily or not, im talking about spamming bears is so cheap so we have to not allow it,,

I faught with weakest a lot and i never managed to beat him even im using very expensive shit and with full stuff and gm all skills, while he's using shitty stuff..
Weakest tactics was so ridiculous against warriors, he only had to poly into skeleton knight and wear set and hat so he can have a lot of stats and be able to use all pvp tactics with it.. then he only summon a bear or 2 and spam poison and lightening, even if i manage to use some explode and poison potts to kill bears.. he just what?? re-summon?? and keep attacking me while i'm attacking a mage with 300+ str !

So allowing poly or summons making no sense for warriors..

and if you're talking about being able to win without summoning pets or unshrinking, wanna fight without summons or shrinks and see?? :P

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2015 6:42 pm 

Yes, like I said I'm always willing to fight in the arena if you want to try something like that. But if you're saying you cant win if I use bears and that I cant win without them, then something is wrong either way. I disagree though. A dexxer archer like you is very good vs a mage and summons are just part of the game. All you have to do vs a mage is wall him in and spam healing and poison/explodes. A mage has to do all of their attacks manually.

Mages always have been and always will be much harder to use well than a warrior or archer. Especially archers now that it is best to not move, so you just use UO loops for your bandages(I've seen your screenshots i'm pretty sure that's what you do) and GHeals and poison and your bow just keep shooting automatically. Not everyone is good at using mages. That's why they can be so powerful. A mage has to decide which attack to use AND try to time it as fast as they can after the previous attack on top of trying to move around and use potions.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:10 am 

Quote:
Few things here...
@ Maher, since YOU don't have a mage that can summon you don't think ANYONE else should be able to use the advantage?
Is that what you got from what I said?! if so, i think u should re-read.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 2:21 pm 

Quote:
Well dude, i think i used to have a good mage tho..

anyways if u are going to allow mages summon whatever bears they want.. count me out.

well thanks for trying to help, but i forgot that i have dropped my magery on weakest so i currently have no mage.

I just wanted to try different tactics and re-worked on my mage because i wanna just enjoy races abilities and other stuff instead of being a bear spammer like i used to be and used to beat everyone with it.
Re-read and, yup, still seems that way to me.

Let me put this simply so everyone can understand.
You're saying a mage shouldn't be allowed to summon 1 single bear. You're also saying a character with taming and lore can come in and drop 10 bears with no timer, and that seems OK and fair to you?
You were okay with shrinks, right? That means i'm bringing 50 shrunken bears. So WHY does it matter if I can summon as well? Bears are bears, man, it doesn't matter how they get there. It makes no difference. They're allowed or not.

Would everyone still want shrinks if I told you I put GM taming and Lore on Fury, so that now I can drop 10 bears instantly? I could do that.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 4:02 pm 

Why is there so much complaining lol who cares its for fun its not like your going to win anything special or get anyones loot.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 5:03 pm 

Quote:

Re-read and, yup, still seems that way to me.

Let me put this simply so everyone can understand.
You're saying a mage shouldn't be allowed to summon 1 single bear. You're also saying a character with taming and lore can come in and drop 10 bears with no timer, and that seems OK and fair to you?
You were okay with shrinks, right? That means i'm bringing 50 shrunken bears. So WHY does it matter if I can summon as well? Bears are bears, man, it doesn't matter how they get there. It makes no difference. They're allowed or not.

Would everyone still want shrinks if I told you I put GM taming and Lore on Fury, so that now I can drop 10 bears instantly? I could do that.
you still have to re-read what i wrote, I only suggested allowing like 3 bears whether shrunk or summons,

I never said that i dont want mages to be able to summon bears because i don't have one.. it was Zyon suggesting me to change the character, and i could join in another char so easily "just like my tank Zoro" but i got pissed because i spent a lot of hours working on void that day, and i wouldn't spend the same time to relearn tactics or another char.

And it was you who complained from the beginning about allowing only shrinks and that's because it's going to hurt only mages "even though mages too would be able to use shrinks :roll: "

ALL I complained about is changing rules after confirming and posting it.. anyways i am not able to whether summon or use shrinks on void because he's a dark elf..

And this is going to be my last reply here, I don't really care much, and i didn't speak about it after retreating from the battle until u mentioned me,
Enjoy the event it's all for fun, and if u want to have a conversation u can easily pm me instead of speaking here randomly.

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 7:30 pm 

Its not a battle its a debate.

Like I said earlier, its the principle. I don't really care if we have bears or not either, but if I think something seems f***** up i'll say so.

Also, the rules were not set up at the beginning at all. There were no rules in the original post. They were all added 1 at a time.

Oh, and btw try using a shrunken Red Grizzly Bear on your dark elf.

PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2015 10:33 pm 

When will this event occur?

What are new rules?

What is first and second winner price?

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:07 am 

Quote:
When will this event occur?

What are new rules?

What is first and second winner price?
- send me a PM when you and your opponent are online and want to fight!

- the rules are specified on my first post

- the prizes are surprise!

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 6:37 am 

Gaffer / Venom / Maher...

Catch me in-game or send me a PM to talk about this event please.

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2015 8:24 am 

Quote:
Oh, and btw try using a shrunken Red Grizzly Bear on your dark elf.
Tried that one but it didn't work either :D and thanks

Weakest
Zoro
Void
Goku
Strongest

Cult of the damned

Forum locked Post a reply Page 3 of 4   [ 55 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next