Short hack and slash quests that require numbers and brawn  9%  [ 4 ]
I don't play quests to begin with.  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 43
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:12 am 
Site Admin

Bot Check: GAMER
Quote:
Quests:
Most people want to solve a quest in 1-3 hour periods. Not in weeks or months. You have alot of thought into your quests. I think maybe to much for the people that can't finish something in a day. Most people want to get items in quests. I mean if you handed out a statue that said, i was in the blah blah blah dungeon 04/04/04 on it. That would be atleast something to work for.
King made this post as a response to me possibly taking a few weeks break. I am a bit shocked if what he said is true so I would like to hear from you guys and see if he's off track or right on targer.

Honestly i was under the assumption people got sick of the run to this location, kill 100 monsters in 45 minutes, everything is back to normal and you get a statue of thanks.

But then again what do i know?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:23 am 
If King wants hack and slash then i guess he should play a different game like Diablo 2, i think the long period quest is a good idea but i guess no one was expecting it. If it was at a different location and not the place everyone loves to hang out i bet you any money we would not have had any problems.

In a way because it is where it is i have noticed allot of co-operation to solve the puzzles and people are working more as a team than ever before to try get brit back...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:32 am 
I'm just glad someone on here has enough brainpower to actually think about an actual event that isn't a god damn FFA. Talk about boring. U want FFA... go wonder the woods and look for cokane LOL.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:33 am 

Maybe its a idea to make a long quest and a smaller one random?

by example: this quest is a big one, and maybe you can make the next one shorter, and afther that one a new long one........and go so on!

Tammie-> Shadows Leader
Sandra -> Gm Mage/Fighter

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:10 am 
Ive been on the quest 3 times now all which times we've died or found summit new to do, i and most of the people around me think that the quests r great dude not just because its something different to do but it brings all people together to work as one, even people such as cokane and slug and other people who normally do a little pk'in, it also brings in the newbs who learn stuff from the vets and the average players......but the main thing that most people enjoy is that everyone there is working as one to get to the end, if u have seen the amount of people trying to get the dark bones its great, theres always someone at the spawns and i think the way which we have done the middle part of the quest is great dude.
Keep the quests they are gr8.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:55 am 
I prefer the longer quests. It's no longer a case of "gms call you somewhere...you go... kill stuff for a while". It's now "players deciding what to do...everyone helping everyone else...more of a joint effort".

Longer quests are better...but I think after this, some smaller quests might be an idea to keep others happy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:20 am 
It's funny...I always considered what we're doing atm a 'quest' and all the smaller, shorter stuf an 'event'...

Myself, I prefer long quests, but I need to take breaks from them...I can't hang around a gy all day to collect bones, but I will pup by a couple of time a day to get some...Likewise, longer quests should have long term effects...And by that I mean, that if a quest is planned to be a long one, it shouldn't create havopc and chaos within the first 15 minutes, or even the first couple of days...That should be the climax...

So I can relate to what King said...Peoples attention spans are short, but that doesn't mean the quest has to be...The great thing about this quest, is that it's split into parts...We don't have to do it all at once, and thus stay up till 8 am (which I did for the first part) to solve it...

I like this quest, but I also gotta say, that if we didn't have the irc channels to coordinate and help eath other out, it might just have been a turn off for me...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 2:34 am 
Site Admin

I'm gld you guys are enjoying it so much. I thought I did a good job slowing introducing the shadow monsters, then having them become higher in numbers, then stronger and then start to take over Britain. I mean this quest technically started 2 months ago, just most people didn't know the events were all related.

I also thought that players liked longer quests because they are both detailed and pickup and go. For example when there are 20 people attacking the labrinth you know you can't log out cause they need you. But then on the flip side when dark bone is needed you can log on when your bored...help a little and then log off.

Finally i think the coolest thing is the majority of the quest's pace is defined by the players. Figure stuff out quickly and your moving on fast. Take longer and the quest waits for you.

The kill stuff quests are great, but I always thought it was better to make people use more then brawn. Teamwork, problem solving, word puzzles, mazes etc.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:12 am 
BB i'v enjoyed this big quest, as a newb it's given me a chance to meet some of the vets who have helped me along at times and to whom i'm very grateful. when i'v been around for longer i'd probably enjoy it even more as i'd be able to take a more active role.

you forgot to make an option for "a bit of both" which is what i would have voted for. :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 11:48 am 

I think the quest with the drows is well thought and pretty class afterall it would be pretty unrealistic if there was such a great threat to the world then it was over in a day. Real nice move reintroducing drows into the fold too. seeing them as playable characters would be even better.
How about maybe looking at a quest that could involve other characters like traders and non warrior classes too.
for example a disease that sweeps the land and you need rare ingredients to cure it like a special fish,animals and herbs for an antidote. you could have guys fishin their hearts ot at the piers, trackers hunting for that elusive rare beast then alchemists to mix the ingredients.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 12:48 pm 
Staff

Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
lol the masses have spoken. Pretty overwelming vote currently 20/1/1

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:35 pm 
One thought, Is the corpse that is in the trinsic mage shop, part of a quest as well :) ? It seems like that could be an part, including the earthquake and such.

Koshia

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 1:46 pm 
Personally I haven't been into this quest too much as GMT makes it hard to join the bigger raids but I think that's been taken into consideration more now. I reckon this quest is nothing short of genius and I quite enjoy being in it when it's on. However I didn't vote in the poll because in my opinion I like a bit of both.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 3:53 pm 
its an inspired bit of work BB and i agree the longer quests are the better ones for sure!! I've had limited involvement in this one simply becaus eof the time differences to most of the other players but ive been in and enjoyed it as much as i can.

I think you've got the mix right so far with this longer quest but as mentioned before the smaller quests are fun to so keep them both coming.

As for receiving stuff for the quest... lets be honest here its pretty shallow expecting something for just being in a quest as in magical items and such.

Keep up the good work BB

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2004 6:48 pm 
i would say that this quest, while i havent really had the chance to be involved, seems quite nice. i think that having longer quests is preferable to short quick ones. however, having a new character, it would be nice to see future quests more open to those who havent been in it from the beginning.

what i mean by that is make them able to be joined in the middle. i dont know if its just me but i dont really know whats going on with the quest or where it really taking place. i would like to help out in anyway possible but i dont really know how (and yes ive read the quest posts). i dont know if this is really possible or if its just the nature of these kinds of quests to be more geared towards those involved from the beginning.

then again i might just be off my rocker.

oh well

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page 1 2 Next