Go to page Previous 1 2

What quests are more fun and rewarding.
Long and drawn out quests that make you think and work together  86%  [ 37 ]
Short hack and slash quests that require numbers and brawn  9%  [ 4 ]
I don't play quests to begin with.  5%  [ 2 ]
Total votes : 43
 Post subject: Hello sir... I'm lost!
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 9:36 am 
I like how things are setup now because they remind me of how I felt when I first started playing any of the games from Ultima III to VII. Very open, and not linear. Here's a huge place. Here's all these dungeons and itemss. No real guidance what so ever until you start talking to poeple. Even then, there are so many lies, rumors, and off-the-wall facts that it is far from easy to piece together.

So, day 1 of Obsidian (my first time on UO) I'm like "hmmm WTF is going on? Where am I?" wandering around aimlessly, wasting time, and looking everywhere for clues as to what to do. Just how I like it!

My only aggrevation thus far is this: The Graveyard Mini-Quest. The sign says where to look for a shovel. Somewhere at some point in the game I read a message about "digging around in the graves". But, I've tried digging in just about every tile of the graveyard for no effect whatsoever. I ask players about this, and they either don't even respond or don't know as the mindlessly kill zombies. Why did the game lead me to believe that I needed to be a gravedigger?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 10:44 am 
I dunnno if it was disabled, but when I began a month or two ago, you could use a shovel on the graves in Cove gy and find nothing, a 'treasure' (20-40 gold) or a monster would spawn...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:12 am 
Current quest is great,
but the elves are.....
omg the mages kill with one spell
wassup with dat
not newbie frenly

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 11:33 am 
I thought you could only dig graves with pickaxes?

Post subject: Um...
PostPosted: Thu Apr 08, 2004 12:58 pm 
Well the sign says "Find a shovel", but I have tried both. The shovel much moreso than the pickaxe though. Both give me the message "Try mining rock."

Update: Today I ran into a dude named "LOOPZ" that told me specifically to stand directly in front of the tombstone, look away from it, and dig in front of you. The shovel DOES NOT have to be in your inventory, but you should be clicking the dirt, not double-clicking the shovel then targetting the dirt like I had been doing all this time! The pick-axe must be in hands.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 2   [ 20 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2