It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 2:53 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 12:54 am 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
In stage 1 we pulled together with 2 days of combing the entire world and deactivated the 4 power cores for the force field that was guarding the Drow Maze of Death. Now we have access to the Drow Gate that leads to an underground maze of death. To get to the drow fort and this gate, go East of the shrine of spirituality or just take the trail west out of trinsic and keep on the road until you get to a building that crosses over the trail. That's the drow fort. Run past the existing dow there are there to 2nd floor portal. That will take you to the maze. Check out other people's posts on how to get through puzzles in the maze.

We need a lot of people to coordinate for stage two. I've gotten word from Broadband that stage three will require even more teamwork. I'm guessing somewhere between I'm guessing that about 30-50 people working together on phase two and who know how many for stage 3. Join #Obsidian_Quest if you are ready and willing to help finish this quest.
http://www.obsidianshard.com/skills/irc.shtml

<hr>

HOW DEATH WORKS ON THIS QUEST:
You can't die, be PK'ed, or be looked in the Maze of Death. If you die you just teleport to the Drow Jail and have to be healed and then you have to runestone out to the runechamber and then run back to the action again. Be careful because you CAN die outside at the drow fort. But for the most part don't worry about PK's. They didn't play nice when this quest first but now they aren't killing questers. Just make sure to run in the building, run up the stairs, and run down the North fork of the building to the drow portal.

<hr>

PUZZLE #1: Teleport Room
The way the new teleport room works is super evil. First off the way it works has changed in general. You step on a tile and it takes you to the next and to the next and to the next until either you get into a loop or you get back to the beginning. If you are lucky you will end up on a white tile. Move around to the further back rows and hopefully you will get to the next set of white tiles. Keep this up until you get to the end. IF this doesn't sound confusing enough, it changes every 30 minutes to an hour.

PUZZLE #2: The 4 rows of dungeon walls
They used to be that you could just use the open door macro and run through the secret dungeon walls. The way it works now is that you have to double click on it and if you guess right you teleport to the next row. If you guess wrong you GET HURT. Be careful, you CAN kill yourself this way. Again another thing that sucks is that this puzzle changes every 30 minutes to a half hour as well.

PUZZLE #3: The hall of gazers
Basically if we are going to do this well we need to have people camp this location and keep the gazers dead so that people can continue through the rest of the dungeon. If/when the gazers are dead you can wal through this little mini-maze but DON'T walk on the black areas. You goto jail as if you died. Unless this changed I the black area changes randomly.

PUZZLE #4: The invisible maze
Basically the next part is a little mini maze that is invisible. To top that it's got trolls, dark elves, and Ettins partoling this little mini maze. Kill the stuff, get through the maze, and get to the next part. Again this would work great if we had people camping the area keeping stuff dead and showing people how to get through.

<hr>

Reply with solutions to the rest of the maze of death. I personally haven't gotten past puzzle 4.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 8:26 am 
Ok here's the deal,
going through the red portal (Hellish portal) at the end of the maze (i think) will lead you to moonglow normally.

However, if you dress up as a drow warrior
(black bone helm, chest, studded leggings, glove..and maybe the viking sword) leads you to a swampy area guarded by 2 drow warriors and a couple of mages.

Didnt manage to go too far coz I was zapped straight away. But I guess if we find enough people to swarm the place...We might just make it!

:twisted:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 11:12 am 
U need to kill a few drow to charge the portal 5 i think
but anyway its over now
i think

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Apr 05, 2004 2:53 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: v_laurence
WOW Holy crap, that's smart. Why the hell didn't we think of that. Funny thing was that I was all dressing drow because I'm a lamer lol but I never got at far as the portal.

http://www.victorlaurence.com

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 4 posts ]