Bot Check: GAMER
Yahoo Messenger: chipsll
thass is in game GM im 100 % sure,, unless he gave up his GM account

Post subject: Re: Events
PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:36 pm 

Quote:
Yes he is a GM.

Dunno if I misread what BM meant, but I took it as he meant Thass could make some new coun's.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 12:39 pm 

Quote:
If he still has his forum account then Im sure Thassius still has his in-game account. Whether he is on it as much as he was before is another question.

Although a lot of staff are hidden in order to work on more important issues. So he could still be on a lot, but we just cant see him usually.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:05 pm 
Quote:
Quote:
Yes he is a GM.

Dunno if I misread what BM meant, but I took it as he meant Thass could make some new coun's.
yea

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 1:07 pm 

well im not sure what BM was suggesting either if i re read it, it can be 2 things

thass hosting events
or thass training counsies ot hold events

either way, i dont agree new counsies should be trained,,
to little people on atm for events to be hosted anyway
so a staff dedicated to staff events wouldnt be wise, to much exploitation would be at risk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 3:54 pm 

A;so the problem is that most people either a) dont know how to PvP correctly anymore in this new system b) havent tried PvP at all in the new system or c) are busy on their crafters training a new skill up for cash.

Honestly, I rather have everything running smoothly, new and old players come back to Obsidiain before I want to see mass FFA and team FFAs being done.

Our number one priority at this moment is finishing the system and taking the BETA tag off.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 12, 2009 10:45 pm 

someone asked that question like when wil lbeta tag be off..

and he says its been off for several monthsn ow..
but i was thinking whyt hasnt account creation been opened up then?

PostPosted: Sun Dec 13, 2009 3:26 am 
events r not just about pvp u dick u can have crafting ones and pvm ones and all sorts

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:20 pm 

Hey :)

I haven't disappeared, have just been busy setting up my own business.

I have the obsidian client downloading on my new laptop as we speak.

As for new staff, BB, Bob, Echo and myself did have a group chat about 6 months ago, and BB agreed for me to recruit and train some new counselors as soon as Bob's next patch was done (which was due about a month from then).

So yes, we are long overdue for this. Broadband agreed at the time that some lower-ranking staff for events would be beneficial as Echo is quite right that the more experienced staff members have been busy on patchwork/testing.

It is true that you could argue that few players dont require additional staff; but in reality it takes some time to suitably train new staff, so it's better to start sooner than later.

Bob can you PM me please so we can discuss where this is at presently? BB has already agreed to it as you will remember so will just need your help finalising the details.

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:50 pm 

Training new staff seems reasonable. Would be good to have well-trained staff implemented before account creation is brough back on the main website.

Im all for having new staff members to mess with!

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2009 11:43 pm 

with the player base low, who is to trust? because everyone knows everyone and it wont be hard to figure out / on the other side it wont be hard to exploit.... i wouldnt want to trust anyone on this shard as a staff other than those who are atm.

not for something so trivial as events..
I would trust about..... err chilly.. thats about it...

everyone else could use it / and will enivitably HAVE to use it for player advantage

answer a page. it auto warps to the players current position.. well likely the player is hunting... so if hes lets say a pker. bamn, you know were someone hunts... theres no way to avoid it... thus neutrality is what is needed for a staff member...
don't believe me..?
phantom?... oh.. how much shit did he do... and he was OPENLY corrupt LOL and it took them quite a while to catch on and punish him, i think it was a good staff .. umm was it thass? that happened to be invis watching him to catch him.. all other claims were passed off as 'oo ur just hating because your his player characters enemy!' & 'why haven't his allies complained!?! why is it only the opposing guild/s' LOOOOL really? anther biased / heavily in-game war bound account shouldnt any sort of staff account..

EG 2.
w,e ashe's staff was......

(who gave the idea to recruit him as staff.... wtf? where is your logic? can you please explain it to me? i coulda told you the outcome to that waay b4 it was even thought of LOL.... even if he wasnt corrupt *PSSSH*, everyone would figure out and use it to create chaos... and having someone who was banned err 5-6-7-8-9?* i unno i lost count* is anther brilliant move :roll: )

ok theirs some neutral people atm... but most of them are idiots / and or don't know the mechanics of the shard.... which for obvious reasons shouldnt be staff.... and they probably wouldnt have got the position even if no one pointed this out,,, after a certain GM i've seen a trend on who they pick as staff...
don't believe me..?
a certian GM that won't / can't say here that gave heartless like... everything.....
ok f*** it.. platnium.. = dumbass

and as a sub class. to idiots
other wise OK candidates (trust worthy non-neutral informed players)
such as aimee.. ALSO shouldn't be EVER given a staff account..
you ask why? .

well let me start off by saying, ILY AIMEE and am not slandering your intelligence character or knowledge of the game, your a intelligent charismatic friendly lady.

but family members are a NO NO..
oh man, if you had a staff account, jimmy WOULD find out... and as Jimmy falls under all above classes i described, basically to the TEE. we might have the same situation as platnium, (or so said/ some would believe :roll: )
in which certain other players got on his/her account and gave out all the shizz that was given out ..( including some of the very prized dye tubs.. which i believe self destructed by now LMAO)

also a clear example of this is zaphods account... which is now banned i beilieve,,, if not.. oops.. but theres a NICE player whos staff account was blammed by a little *close un identified* partna of his lawl

welp after all those precautions are out the way.....

good luck.. it'll be slim pickins! lolz

off that note..
atleast get events fixed atleast and more people on,

and make a system to restrict people to people only 21 and younger, and a system that wont display the account name of every pager... way to exploitative

but thats just my opinion

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:12 am 

lol nice post chips.
To be honest tho I wouldnt want to be staff cos I dont think I know enough. I dont think id ever be offered staff either because staff know I dont have much knowledge of the game. But one thing... you are so wrong when you say id give Jimmy stuff and tell him I was staff. I hate Jimmy ingame and just about everyone knows that even him. Every time i see him irl I tell him he is a d**k ingame and that I hate the way he acts lol.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 12:15 am 

a) I wont mention their names, but I will admit I have identified who the moderators are (character wise).

b) It was Zapp that was banned and not Zaphod.

c) Family ties would mean you exclude little over half the shard that are either related or know each other in real life.

d) Seeing as you only think Chilly should have a forum account really limits the choices. Clearly your implying that no one, besides Chilly, is trustworthy enough for staff.
-Although I would agree with you on this. I rather not have certain people staff (wont mention names).

e) Who would you choose to become staff if everyone in your opinion is childish and would be corrupt.
-Of course this would make Raptor right when he shouts his famous "Corrupt Staff" line

Personally you will NEVER find a staff member that everyone likes. Your going to find problems with them regardless if you were the one to choose them personally. Its a matter of having a little trust in Thassius' decision.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:09 am 
The GMs are not stupid the not gonna pick someone nowadays that is going to abuse it are they. maybe back then when the shard was alittle more slack but its picked up on that stuff now and im sure they will make the right decisions.
I think chips wants to be staff :P

PostPosted: Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:57 pm 

err

to aimee--
i wasnt suggesting you give him the code.. he finds out shit reguardless... saying u would willingly give/ tell him staff info would be slandering your character. sorry if it seemed like i was saying that,

to nosympathy or w,e ur name is
Quote:
a) I wont mention their names, but I will admit I have identified who the moderators are (character wise).
----ya.. if u can figure out mods.. you can definitely find out in game

Quote:
b) It was Zapp that was banned and not Zaphod.
----umm, ya. my fault, similar names you knew what i was talking about
Quote:
c) Family ties would mean you exclude little over half the shard that are either related or know each other in real life.
----- that was the point of me posting, platnium KNEW someone in real life, he didnt have family (to my knowledge) that played.. so ya.. and if im getting names mixed around.. oh well.... my fault.. I don't think all people with real life friends that play obsi should be excluded, of course everything should be looked at on a person to person basis...

Quote:
d) Seeing as you only think Chilly should have a forum account really limits the choices. Clearly your implying that no one, besides Chilly, is trustworthy enough for staff.
-Although I would agree with you on this. I rather not have certain people staff (wont mention names).
---- chilly was the only one i could think of off hand, I didnt mention others due to certain situations. but atm, with the shard number this low.. umm yes basically that holds true in my eyes.
Quote:
e) Who would you choose to become staff if everyone in your opinion is childish and would be corrupt.
-Of course this would make Raptor right when he shouts his famous "Corrupt Staff" line
---- you just agreed with me at the end of D).... but yes, thats the point of the post, not many people...

and no it wouldn't make raptor any more sane than he currently is. because i believe the staff currently in power have been and will be 100% fair and just. wouldn't you agree?
Quote:
Personally you will NEVER find a staff member that everyone likes. Your going to find problems with them regardless if you were the one to choose them personally. Its a matter of having a little trust in Thassius' decision.
of course, i didn't say there wouldnt be flaws in staff.. were humans, of course there will be. and i dont care who the hell I like, its who can get the job done, while doing it unbiasedly... I think my friends would probably be biased towards.. lets say judas? and everyone can pretty much agree judas would be biased towards umm everyone else LOL.
and no it's not having little trust in thassius's decision,,, but having little trusts in his options.

to diablo...

no... no i dont at all...

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 2 of 4   [ 53 posts ]
Go to page Previous 1 2 3 4 Next