It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 3:03 am

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]
 Post subject: 2020 Gambling Events
PostPosted: Tue Feb 25, 2020 11:40 pm 
Staff

Bot Check: GAMER
Got a lot of cool stuff sitting around gathering dust? Let us do something about it!

This year I would like to finally implement.. a series of GAMBLING EVENTS

- There were a few "event tokens" given out years back that I would like to honor but obviously are probably not as high in currency as many think. These should be converted to "points" or gold value. After this series, all said tokens will be worthless (I'm trying to tie up some loose ends here).

- Equipment such as rare weapons and hard-to-craft armor can be put up as your entry fee. These will be collected in a locked box only accessible to admins (Me and Bob at the moment)

- Crap talking before the event is fully encouraged. "I put up my pegasus and 100k up for your weapon, etc and will destroy you!"

- Winner takes all

- Randomization in place for new players (please try to bring new players, as registration should work now)

- These will not be all PvP events. I have an idea to implement a new game event area or 2 that could involve questing and puzzles.. who knows.

What do you guys think? Anyone game? I know we have some battle system stuff to address but I think we can have a lot of fun here while properly noting for the 50th time what we've decided needs to change in the battle system.

Post subject: Re: 2020 Gambling Events
PostPosted: Wed Feb 26, 2020 12:11 pm 

Quote:
Got a lot of cool stuff sitting around gathering dust? Let us do something about it!

This year I would like to finally implement.. a series of GAMBLING EVENTS

- There were a few "event tokens" given out years back that I would like to honor but obviously are probably not as high in currency as many think. These should be converted to "points" or gold value. After this series, all said tokens will be worthless (I'm trying to tie up some loose ends here).

- Equipment such as rare weapons and hard-to-craft armor can be put up as your entry fee. These will be collected in a locked box only accessible to admins (Me and Bob at the moment)

- Crap talking before the event is fully encouraged. "I put up my pegasus and 100k up for your weapon, etc and will destroy you!"

- Winner takes all

- Randomization in place for new players (please try to bring new players, as registration should work now)

- These will not be all PvP events. I have an idea to implement a new game event area or 2 that could involve questing and puzzles.. who knows.

What do you guys think? Anyone game? I know we have some battle system stuff to address but I think we can have a lot of fun here while properly noting for the 50th time what we've decided needs to change in the battle system.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 05, 2020 1:16 pm 
Staff

This overwhelming enthusiasm!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2020 8:04 pm 

My luck is shite. But I'll come watch and support with some light gambling. Not sure where to get these gambling tokens from tho

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2020 8:48 am 
Staff

Quote:
My luck is shite. But I'll come watch and support with some light gambling. Not sure where to get these gambling tokens from tho
They were referred to as "Event Tokens". Nothing was ever actually done with them. They were given out by a couple of GMs years back after PvP events.

This has me wondering how many players even still have these laying around. If there are less than say 20 in circulation, then perhaps a new form of currency specific for events will be introduced. Just throwing a lot of gold around probably doesn't interest most players, but please let me know your ideas.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 2:23 am 
Staff

No one claims a token so I will consider them worthless for now unless I hear protest.

Who is up for a 1 vs 1 PVP event where you the winners have to put up more and more gold? Probably more geared towards vets.

- Everyone who wants to participate must give a certain amount to the staff member while declaring *I pay x gold entry fee to staff member" Initial entry fee will be around 1k. (This is of course up for debate)

- After the first round, the losers go outside of the arena and their entry fee is added to the "pot".

- Those that are not eliminated then have a round to raise the stakes. If they can not put up the gold another player has announced and handed to the staff member, they must leave the arena and forfeit. If your forfeit; you most likely will lost all winnings.

- Winner takes the whole pot and can do with it as they please.

- Matching for this is up for debate. Lately the way you guys have behaved in events, I think there will be challenges made during this event ;)

- And yes, I will have to ensure no one is PK'd between the arena and accessing your bank.

PostPosted: Thu May 21, 2020 6:39 am 

I still have 1 token, but it's worth more to me keeping it if they were going to just be low value worth.

Post a new topic Post a reply Page 1 of 1   [ 7 posts ]